Categories > TV > NCIS > Just Another Day

Chapter 3

by jessie179 0 reviews

Category: NCIS - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-05-13 - Updated: 2010-05-13 - 1002 words

0Unrated
"Make yourself comfortable." Jack told McGee once they exited the game room and entered the den which also acted as an office for the very busy head of Homeworld Security. He moved behind the large antique oak desk and sat down.

McGee took a moment to survey his new surroundings and get his bearings. It was still a little hard to believe that he was actually un the home of the Director of Homeland Security. "I know her." He stepped up to the mantle that was lined with photos. "Isn't that Doctor Samantha Carter? The Astrophysicist?"

Jack smiled, remembering the first time he had met the spunky blonde Captain. She made it crystal clear that she was suppose to be treated like one of the guys and as such she was supposed to be addressed by her rank. But as soon as she had met one Doctor Daniel Jackson, she changed her tune. Around him, she was his equal and as such a Doctor as well. Ah, how far they all had come since that fateful day ten and a half years ago. "Yup." He answered, content in watching the younger man move from photo to photo.

"You know her?" McGee asked in awe as his eyes moved from photo to photo. "Wait a minute!"He picked one of the silver framed photos up to get a better look. Staring back at him with a shy smile on his face was the Daniel he had grown up with, long, shaggy, hair and all. "Why is Daniel in this picture and why is he wearing a uniform?" His eyes darted over the other three people in the picture. Standing beside Daniel was none other than his host, Jack O'Neill, his arms were resting on a large, deadly looking weapon. On the other side of Daniel was Doctor Samantha Carter, brilliant, mild mannered Astrophysicist. And on the other side of O'Neill was a well built black man. Leaning closer, he could just make out something gold positioned in the very center of the mans forehead. Scanning the picture again, it was clear to McGee that this was a team of sorts and the Director of Homeland Security had been the leader. But where did Daniel fit in? He was an archeologist, wasn't he? What use did the military have for someone that dedicated his life to studying the past? Looking up, he waited for the older man to answer his previously stated questions.

"Why is actually classified." Jack folded his hands in front of him on the desk. "But lucky for you, you now have clearance to know the most guarded secret the United States and her allies has."He motioned to one of the chairs in front of the desk. "Have a seat, Tim, may I call you Tim? We have a lot to talk about."

McGee placed the photo back in its place then sat down. "Tim's fine and I believe we do." He sat quietly, waiting for the other man to speak. But when the silence began to stretch, he began to wonder if his questioned were going to be answered after all. "What is the most guarded secret the United States has?"

Jack cleared his throat wishing Daniel would hurry up. He knew that his friend was giving him time to assess the young NCIS Agent, face to face. "What I'm about to tell you is classified to the upmost degree. Speaking to anybody outside the project about the project is grounds enough for imprisonment under the United States Treason Act. Is that understood?" He told him, seriously.

Paling sightly, McGee swallowed then nodded. What had he gotten himself into? Imprisonment?Treason? Oh boy. "I understand, Sir."

"Good." Jack shuffled around some papers on his desk, giving him enough time to gather his thoughts. "Area 51 is real. Little green men are actually grey. And my dog is named after Atlantis, which is an actual place."

McGee blinked then blinked again. "Wh....huh?" Had he heard him correctly?

Jack grinned. "Area 51 is real. The Air Force is currently using it for the research and development of alien human hybrid technology." He paused letting that much of his previous statement sink in before continuing. "Little green men are actually grey and yes they do look like all the aliens in old Hollywood films; big eyes, little bodies, that sort of thing. And yes, they used to abduct people from Earth to research but they haven't done that, legally, in fifteen or twenty years. Unfortunately, they don't refer to themselves as Roswell Greys." Again he paused. "And my dog was named after Atlantis, Daniel's idea, not mine. He just won't let me live it down that Iwas actually happy that he couldn't go. Any questions?"

"Atlantis, as in the Lost City of?" McGee just felt his world come to a screeching halt. Was General O'Neill delusional? "Alien human hybrid technology? Roswell Greys are actually grey?"It was all too much for him to handle so his eyes rolled up in his head and he slumped in the chair.

Looking up, Jack raised an eyebrow when he caught sight of Daniel leaning against the doorframe. "He took it better than I had hoped." He stated, dryly.

Daniel shook his head and moved into the room to check on his brother. Kneeling down, he checked his pulse, after finding it beating steady and strong, he stood and moved over to the other chair. "If you eased people into the conversation about aliens, they wouldn't faint. At least, some of them wouldn't."

Jack chuckled and leaned back in his chair. "I'm not one to beat around the bush, /you /know that. But if you don't like the way I tell the story, when he wakes up, the floor is all yours."

"Gee, thanks, Jack." Daniel rolled his eyes. The minutes began to stretch with no sign of Tim waking up. "So....you talk to Sam lately?" He had to fill the void with something while waiting.
Sign up to rate and review this story