Categories > Original > Fantasy

The Witch of Endor

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

Chloe's mother has always had a secret, one she never shared with anyone. Until the day it came knocking on the door.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-05-18 - Updated: 2010-05-19 - 400 words

0Unrated
"You are the one my child," the old woman whispered, gently caressing the young girl's cheek.
The young girl closed her eyes, trying hard not to shudder at the feel of the woman's sandpaper like skin against her own.
"You will take after me, become the witch of Endor," she continued, "I have seen it."
"When?" The girl's mother demanded, "when will she become the witch Omaia?"
The old woman focused rheumy blue eyes on the woman and smiled.
"When the moon becomes full in the month of the falling leaves," she said and the girl's mother smiled.
"October," she whispered, "a mere two months away."
She turned toward the girl.
"Soon Isis, soon you will become the most powerful woman alive," she said.
Isis bowed her head, trembling with fear, wanting to refuse but not daring.
Suddenly a commotion came from the front of the house, and Isis's father pushed his way inside.
"Raquel what is the meaning of this?" He demanded and Omaia hissed, standing in front of Isis, guarding her from him.
"Leave villain," she said and he pulled out his sword.
"Remove yourself witch," he snarled, "before I remove your head."
"Really Vhilem," Raquel said, walking in toward her husband. "Is this anyway to speak to the witch of Endor?"
He laughed harshly.
"She is no witch," he said, "she is a fraud. I am taking my daughter and leaving here. You Raquel, will never see her again."
He pushed past Omaia and gently grasped Isis's arm, pulling her forward.
Suddenly Omaia shrieked something and Vhilem gasped, his eyes widening as he fell to the floor.
"Papa," Isis cried, "what have you done to him?"
"Nothing but making sure he doesn't take you away," Omaia said with a triumphant smile.
She grabbed Vilhem by his hair and pulled him up, chanting more words, suddenly a portal opened up.
"I will send your father into another dimension, where he will never be able to interfere again," she said.
As Isis stared at Omaia and her mother, she knew that she would never have a chance, never have a normal life.
"No," she said, before running forward.
"Isis!" Raquel screamed, trying to grab her arm.
She just brushed the sleeve of her dress, before Isis leapt into the portal. Just before the portal closed swallowing her up, she heard her mother's anguished wail, then there was only darkness.
Sign up to rate and review this story