Categories > TV > NCIS > Just Another Day

Chapter 9

by jessie179 0 reviews

Category: NCIS - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2010-05-20 - Updated: 2010-05-20 - 1908 words

0Unrated
McGee threw himself to the ground as a red energy discharge zipped passed his cheek, close enough that he felt its heat. As he landed and tucked himself into a roll, he failed to see the second enemy soldier until it was too late. With an umpf he untucked just in time to feel three impacts through his protective gear; two hit his lower back and one caught him in the thigh. Laying on the ground, panting for breath, he looked up into the eyes of his captor. "You'll never take me alive!"There was a cold determination in his voice, as if he had to prove himself, as he raised his own weapon only to have it kicked from his hands.

"Don't need you alive to collect the reward, darling." This soldier was obviously female. "But Iwould truly hate myself if I had to kill you." She kneeled down beside him and ran a finger down the side of his sweat and dirt streaked cheek. "Perhaps we could come to some sort of an....arrangement? I spare you if you tell me where your friends are, how does that sound? Hmm?Your life for theirs? Fitting, don't you think?"

"How do I know you won't kill me anyways?" McGee felt something sticky run down his leg then realized that he had been hit right where he had torn his pants earlier in the day; he got them snagged on a fallen tree and when he tried to free himself, they tore.

The soldier raised her eyebrow. "You'll just have to trust me." She raised her weapon and pointed it at his chest. "Or I could just kill you now. You decide."

McGee seemed to be seriously considering her offer. "I don't think so." He locked eyes with her."You just don't strike me as the type to keep her word. So I suggest you kill me because I won't/ever/ tell you where my friends are!" Truth of the matter, he had no idea where the rest of his team was. They had been separated hours ago and he hadn't seen them since.

"I do so keep my word, Timothy!" The soldier pouted in protest and stomped her foot. "I should shoot you for saying that!" She lowered the barrel of the weapon until it was trained someplace that would /really /hurt if she decided to pull the trigger.

"Whoa there, Vala!" Cameron stepped out of the trees followed by a dirty Daniel Jackson. Both were sporting splotches of yellow on their green BDU's. "No hitting below the belt, remember?"He folded his arms and rested them on his hanging mock-P-90; mock meaning they had been modified for training purposes.

Vala rolled her eyes and lowered her weapon, letting it fall to the side. "I still say that's a silly rule! The enemy doesn't care where they're aiming as long as they injure whoever they're firing at! And if it was me, I'd be aiming for the jewels."

"Lucky for me you're on our side, then." McGee grunted as Teal'c, the only other member of Vala's team, helped him to his feel. He began to brush himself off and grimaced when his hand came in contact with the sticky splotches of paint left by successful paintball hits; the P-90's they were currently carrying had been modified to shoot paint balls and low level energy discharges that stung a person if hit once and knocked them unconscious if hit twice. He also rubbed his shoulder where he had been hit with one of the discharges. It was still stinging and slightly numb but not as bad as it had been. "Next time I'm on Teal'c's team." He mumbled.

"I would be honored to have you on my team, Timothy McGee." Teal'c inclined his head to the younger man in acceptance to his request.

"I told you that aliens vs. earthlings was a bad idea." Daniel spoke up for the first time since reuniting with the other members of SG-1. His comment was directed towards Cameron. "Vala/always manages to capture one of us and Teal'c /always manages to shoot us. Next time /I'm /on Teal'c and Tim's team." He told the team leader as he wiped some paint off his cheek.

"Well, I'm not being on Mitchell's team." Vala crossed her arms over her paint free chest. "So it looks like it's going to be four against one, flyboy." She loved calling him that since it always seemed to irrate him.

Cameron rolled his eyes and ran a hand through his muddy hair. "You guys are just no fun!" He complained, good-naturedly. "Fine, you all team up but I get Sam next time she's planet side!"

Teal'c raised his eyebrow. "Then you are going to be waiting a long time, Colonel Mitchell. Colonel Carter isn't due back to Earth for six months and that is only to check in with IOA on her status as Atlantis' Commander."

"I can wait." Cameron said with a shrug. "Okay boys and girls, who's ready to hit the showers?"He turned on his heel and started down the hill towards the SGC training facility below. He couldn't wait for a shower. They'd been playing, training, all day. Before he could reach the first building that held the showers, a bright light enveloped him and he disappeared.

Tim blinked and tilted his head towards Daniel. "Uh....I think we're late." Just as the words left his mouth, he too, along with the others, were enveloped in the same bright light. When his vision cleared he was looking at the Captain of the Odyssey. "Yeah, late." He concluded, with a half nod, more to himself than his teammates.

Daniel glared at Cameron who was standing beside Captain Cooper. "I thought you said you'd keep an eye on the time!" He exploded out of frustration more than anything. Now they were either going to be extremely late, which wasn't an option, or they were going to have to forgo showering and changing. He took a calming breath before turning to survey his teammates. Vala and Teal'c had several pant splotches on their pants but nothing compared to him, Cameron, and Tim. None of them looked presentable enough to go to Washington on behalf of the Pentagon."How long do we have before you have to transport us to D.C.?" He inquired.

Captain Owen Cooper wasn't surprised when SG-1 beamed aboard filthy and covered in training rounds; it was SG-1 after all. "About ten minutes, Doctor Jackson."

Vala grimaced at the news. "Ten minutes! That isn't enough time to shower!" She turned pleading eyes to Daniel. "I refuse to leave this vessel until I am properly cleaned!" And that was that.

"Jack's going to kill us." Daniel mumbled under his breath. "Give us a couple of minutes to find asink and /try /to look presentable." This time he took point and lead them to the closest sink, which happened to be in one of the holding cells. "Everyone gets one minute to rinse their hair, faces, and arms off, okay?" He motioned towards Cameron to go first since the was practically covered in yellow paint. When he heard the water turn on, he disappeared out the door to go in search of some clean clothes. Two minutes later he returned with an arm full of mismatched BDU's. "They haven't restocked since the last mission." He said as he dropped the clothes onto the cot and stepped up to the sink to rinse off. A few seconds later his hair was paint free as was his arms and face. He stepped out of the way so Teal'c could go.

Standing off to the side, already scrubbed, Tim eyed the pile of BDU's. "I don't think there is enough for all of us." He looked down at himself and shook his head. "I guess we should just change whichever looks the worse, right?" He looked towards Cameron and Daniel.

Cameron smiled and slapped McGee on the back. "Good idea, Tim!" He pulled out a pair of pants and shirt then started to debate with himself which he needed worse. After a moment he tossed the shirt back onto the pile and moved over to a corner of the room to change his pants.

Daniel grabbed the shirt Cameron discarded and moved away to change as well.

Tim dug through until he found a pair of pants that would fit him and moved over to where his brother was to change. His shirt was bad too but it was his pants that were torn. "How are we going to explain this?" He asked his brother as he pulled off his ruined pants and pulled on the clean ones.

Vala decided to change her pants since they were muddy and Teal'c decided that he was presentable enough as he was and dismissed the pile of clothes without so much as a glance.

"We tell them that we were pulled out of a training exercise and didn't have time to get all gussied up." Cameron answered as he tried to get his wet hair to lay flat on his head.

"General O'Neill is, indeed, going to be less than happy with our presentation." Teal'c added as he flicked a dry piece of paint from under his fingernails. "I believe he warned us to watch the clock and we did not."

"No, Mitchell didn't." Daniel agreed as he finished with the last button on his shirt. At least now they didn't look like they had just stepped out of a paintball war zone. "Who's suppose to be meeting us?"

"Abby Sciuto, she's NCIS' Forensic Specialist." Tim answered as he, unconsciously, brushed ahand down his shirt trying to get some of the wrinkles out.

"Didn't you used to date her?" Vala asked as she ran her fingers through her hair in loo of a hair brush.

Tim nodded. "Yeah, but that was a long time ago before I was promoted to field agent full-time. We're friends now."

Cameron smirked. "And you picked her out of all the others to greet us?"

"I picked her because she's the only one that wouldn't ask a lot of questions, at least not at first. Idebated between her and Ducky but figured Ducky would tell Gibbs that I called." Tim told them."I have been gone for awhile."

Daniel nodded in understanding. "True." Once he was sure everybody was done, he lead them back to the Captain so they could be transported to D.C. "Not too close, Captain, we don't want the locals asking any questions about our sudden appearance."

"No scaring the locals, got it, Doctor J." Captain Cooper liked Daniel and knew him from his time spent at the SGC on SG-12. His promotion to Captain of the Odyssey was fairly recent, only eight months old. "If everybody is ready?"

"We're good to go, Cooper." Cameron spoke up from beside Vala. "Beam us up....down....Scotty!" He couldn't help himself.

Captain Cooper nodded towards the woman behind the Asgard controls. "Just give us a call when you're ready for a ride home, SG-1." He passed the communication device to Daniel then stepped back.

The rest of SG-1 rolled their eyes at Cameron's lame attempt at humor then disappeared in the same bright light that brought them to the ship. Within seconds they were standing outside the NCIS building waiting for their escort.
Sign up to rate and review this story