Categories > TV > Stargate: Atlantis

No Sense To It

by DMCole 0 reviews

There are a thousand possibilities, but you know the right one and there's no sense to how you know it. Very short, gennish.

Category: Stargate: Atlantis - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: John Sheppard, Radek Zelenka, Rodney McKay - Published: 2006-04-24 - Updated: 2006-04-24 - 256 words - Complete

1Insightful
"I do not understand it. It should not have been there." Zelenka shook his head and pointed distractedly at the display on his computer.

Sheppard clapped a hand on Zelenka's shoulder. "McKay just has a sixth sense about this stuff. Doesn't matter that it shouldn't have been there. He knew it was."

Zelenka gestures a little wildly and Sheppard ducks back to avoid being caught by one of his hands. "But there is no sense to it."

Sheppard shrugs. "I had an Aunt, her name was Vera. She always claimed to be psychic. I remember asking her once what that was. She said it was when there are a thousand possibilities, but you know the right one and there's no sense to how you know it." He smiles a little at the memory. "McKay's like that." He points to the wave function that has Zelenka so irritated. "You know that this could have been caused by a million things that were not interference with the whatever Rodney said it was. About 999,000 of them were probably more likely. Doesn't matter, because he just knows which one's right. He does it all the time."

Zelenka smiles and cocks his head. "He does, you are right." He starts to walk away. "Still, I would suggest that you not mention to Rodney this sixth sense, unless of course you like hearing lecture on how very much smarter he is than the rest of us. Now that he has found it, I must go find use to put this ZPM to."
Sign up to rate and review this story