Categories > Original > Humor

The Day Horseflies Invaded the Gym

by anime_geek 0 reviews

Just a humor story about horseflies invading a school gym attaking 6 teens in the process. o: First orginal story...

Category: Humor - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-05-28 - Updated: 2010-05-29 - 1269 words

0Unrated
This is totally my first original story to ever write and then post for the world to see. I am attempting to write some sort of story, :P I will see it through to the end, and with any hope, it will turn out both humorous and not lame.
Thank you for your time, thus far. (:

Note: I am utterly afraid of horseflies. D: I do not own Superwoman or the Queen of Sheba and this takes place at school. Thanks for your attention. (:


Ah, yes, The Day of the Horseflies started out pretty normal. The sun was shining, but not too much. The wind was blowing, but not too hard. People were in as good a mood as they were getting. The bell rang, students went to class, During first block nothing special was happening....to people that is....

------In The Evil Horseflies Temporary Home------

"Buzz, Buzz Buzz," the horseflies, err, buzzed; which translates to "We attack at 10:07 a.m. on the dot!"
"Buzz, Buzz?" Translation: Why 10:07?
"Buzz, Buzz, Buzz." Which means: "Because we can"

------Moving Along Now------

At 9:45 a.m., the students went to their second class which, for one group of students, was the exciting Physical Education. The group's hyperactive sophomore leader, Mel, a girl of average height along with auburn hair, green eyes, and a chubby face was talking away about anything and everything, but more speciallcally she was talking about horseflies, and the bite she received from one over the weekend...

"Man, that stupid little bug! It left a stupid big bruise" Mel said with a pout.
"Mel, you use the word stupid way too much." chided Dane, a tall lean guy with messy black hair, blue eyes, and an equally lean face.
"Can't help it, dude" Mel shot back.
"Play nice, you two" Hazel told her two friends. Hazel is the tallest of the girls with blonde hair, hazel eyes, and sharp cheekbones.
"Just leave them alone Hazy, Just leave them alone..." Miranda said. Miranda is the shortest of the girls with dirty blonde hair, brown eyes, and a face chubbier than Mel's.
"How about all of you just stop and talk about something interesting for a change?" said Trent, who was skinny with long, black hair and black eyes.
"How about you be nice for a change, Trent?" Mel said sticking her tongue out at Trent.
"Is this class over with yet?" questioned Kaleb, the negative guy in the group who has red hair, green eyes, and a square face.
"We're not even at class yet, little dude," replied Hazel "or I lied...We're here!"
And so they were. They arrived in a gym that looked more like a basketball court with more space behind the goals and an office for the coach along with two dressing rooms.
"I wonder if we're playing volleyball today..." Miranda asked the group.
"With any luck, we're not" Kaleb answered.
"Aww, come one Kaleb, you know you like playing volleyball just as much as the rest of us" teased Dane.
"I just like spiking the ball....really hard."
"That's not cool, Kaleb, unless..." Trent said and then looked at Mel with a mischievous glint in his eye, "...Unless you're aiming the ball at Mel."
The look over at Mel revealed, however; that she wasn't paying them the least bit of attention. She was too busy trying to have a conversation about horseflies with Dane, who refused to talk about the subject.
Over at the volleyball court, Hazel and Miranda were warming up to play volleyball.
"Hey, you guys hurry up and get over here!" Hazel called.
"Yeah, hurry up before I'm forty!" Miranda added.
"Sheesh, hold your horses you two," Dane called "You act like we're never going to make it!"
All of the group finally made it to the volleyball court, and started playing.
"Ha! I'm winning!" Mel called as she dove for the ball, hitting it over.
"Oh no you're not!" Kaleb said hitting the ball back over to Hazel.
"Quit hitting the ball so hard, Kaleb. You act like I'm Superwoman or something." Hazel said setting the ball up for Miranda.
"We so are totally beating you guys" Miranda cheered while hitting the ball to Trent.
"Oh no you're not." Trent said triumpetly hitting the ball with all his strength. The ball whooshed through the air making it just over the net and the ball kept going until.......
BAM! The ball kept going until it smacked Mel right in the face.
"Ouchies! I want to keep my face, Trent. I kinda need it." Mel said quite angrily while holding her face.
"Sorry Mel. Do I need to go get some ice or something?" Trent asked.
"Yeah that would be nice" Mel said still angry.
Dane went over to help Mel up.
"You okay, Mel?" he asked.
"For the most part I suppose. I wish that Trent would hurry with the ice though. You hear that Trent?!?!"
Trent stood in silence at the door listening to a strange sound.
"Hey guys, come here a second."
"Dude, what's up? You have to move to get ice ya know?" Dane told Trent.
"Shut up and listen dude."
A strange buzzing noise could be heard outside the door.
"You guys hear that?" Trent asked the group.
"Hey, yeah! It's some weird buzzy noise." Miranda stated.
"Yeah, I hear it now. It sounds like a bunch of mosquitoes." Hazel said.
Mel still holding one side of her face just nodded along with Kaleb.
"Well, go get my ice. A little buzzing mosquito never hurt anyone."
"But Mel, it sounds like a lot of buzzing mosquitoes." Trent whined.
"Well, a lot of mosquitoes never hurt anyone either."
Trent moved to open the door. "Fine, Fine. I'll be back in a minute okay?"
"Okay! I'll be here waiting!" Mel called cheerfully to Trent.
"Stupid volleyball had to fly hard and nail Mel in the face and make me go get ice." Trent muttered as he walked towards the cafeteria. He heard the buzzing from earlier but it was louder this time.
"What in the world?" he said while turning around.
"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!" Trent screamed while running back to the gym.
"Oh, hey, there's Trent with my ice." Mel said happily.
"I don't think you even need ice, Mel. You just said that to be mean." Hazel accused.
"So, he shouldn't hit people with volleyballs." Mel stated matter-of-factly.
"It was an accident Mel, geez." Miranda pointed out.
"Too bad, so sad. He still should learn the life lesson of not hitting people with balls."
The group sighed. Then Dane saw Trent running like the ghost of the Queen of Sheba was after him.
"Wonder what's up with Trent now?" Dane asked no one in particular.
"Let! Me! In! Help!" Trent yelled while banging on the door.
Dane opened the door and asked Trent, "Dude what's wrong with you?"
"Horseflies!!" Trent exclaimed, "There are tons of them."
"You're afraid of a few horseflies? Dude, that's lame." Kaleb said while shaking his head.
"Dude, you should see how many are out there" Trent said.
"Fine, we'll look dude, just chill..." Dane said. He opened the door and with that millions of horseflies came charging in the gym...

-----------------------------The End for Now-----------------------------------
I really hoped you all liked the first chapter. I tried my best. (:
Also, a bit of a cliffhanger. O: Will the group survive evil horseflies...or will they all get bit to death in an odd case of evil horseflies? Tune in next chapter to find out! Until then, maybe review? :D Or just wait, whichever works for you! (: Thanks for reading.
Sign up to rate and review this story