Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > Kingdom hearts III Masters of the Keyblades

Rising twilight

by Necrophiliac666 0 reviews

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Kairi,Sora - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-06-05 - Updated: 2010-06-05 - 2177 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer
Kingdom Hearts belongs to Square Enix and Disney. Plot and OCs belong to me
Rising Twilight
AN: Alright, I've planed the rest of this world out. Including this chapter, there will be three more. I decided to split this chapter into two so sorry if the ending isn't very good. Thank you Transitions end for the review. Now, let's get onto the chapter

"Sora!" Kairi exclaimed as she rushed forward and wrapped him into a tight embrace as he and those with him stepped into Hayner, Pence and Olette's hang out spot. As their embrace tightened, Sam passed them and sent a message telepathically to Kairi, "Don't tell him what happened" Kairi turned to Sam and shot a confused look in his direction, "It would only needlessly worry him, or anger him" Sam stated as he continued towards a chair and sat down.

"Who was that guy?" Hayner asked as he sat on the coach opposite Sam

"A head hunter" Sam stated simply as he reached into his pocket and pulled a cigarette out and put it in between his lips

"What's that" Pence asked, everyone else in the room was equally curious as they all sat down in seats throughout the room. Sora and Kairi's hands were still intertwined with each other. Everyone was silent like young children listening to a wise old man as he told tales of his life

"Quite simply, these head hunters are all members of a society of bounty hunters, willing to target anyone for anyone" Sam informed them as he cupped his hand around the end of the cigarette and lit it. Sam inhaled before removing the cartridge from his mouth and exhaling the smoke from his mouth. Hayner, Pence and Olette choked and coughed on the unfamiliar fume. Ignoring this, Sam continued, "This group is one we should avoid if possible, there are many of them and they will stoop to any level to achieve this goal. Their leader could be a worry as well"

"Leader?" Sora asked

"Well, I guess he isn't really a leader as much as he is law enforcer. His name is Alistair Creedal" As this name was mentioned, a frown formed on Leon's face, Sam noticed this, "I suppose it's not a name you'll forget, is it Squall. After all, if I'm correct, he was also the leader of the anti-Sorceress movement in Radiant garden" Suddenly, a few people in the room gasped as if they were in some cheesy murder mystery movie and the culprit had just been revealed.

A moment of silence passed before Kairi spoke, "You said law enforcer, so that means they have strict rules to follow right?"

Sam nodded, "They are prohibited to attack one another and only one head hunter may approach their target at a time as to prevent any conflict when their pay comes along, in other words it's a first-in first- serve society" Sam raised the Cigarette to his mouth again before exhaling smoke, then Sam frowned only slightly as he saw the expression upon the faces of the three who resided in this world, "I'm sure you'll want to figure out what to do next, I'll be outside if you need me, which you probably wont" As Sam said that he jumped up out of his chair and left the room.

Once outside the hang out area, Sam lend against the wall to enjoy what was left of his ever shrinking Cigarette, "Judgemental pricks" Sam coldly thought. He knew what they were thinking, he knew those eyes, those three may not have said it but he could see it in there eyes, the pure disgust in there eyes. Everyone looked at him with those same eyes, whether he was smoking, telling the truths of the world people would rather ignore, or if he was just insulting them with his presence, they would all look at him like that, every last human being he met would look at him like that. Sora and the others were an exception but that was sure to change, when they found out what he was they would begin to hate him just like everyone else.

"Why do you smoke?"

"Here we go" Sam rolled his eyes before turning to Olette who had stepped out of here beloved hang out spot to speak with him, "Oh my, your speaking to me, should I fell honoured that your speaking to someone like me"

"What"

"Forget it, what do you care"

"You do know what those things do to your body right?"

"Of course I know!" Sam coldly spat, "What idiot would smoke and not know what they do to their body. Its impossible to not know with all the warnings, nearly every government does the same thing, they do everything to put people off except ban it which of course they will never do, they make too much money off Cigarettes. Corrupt bastards"

"So why do you do it"

"Did it ever cross your mind that maybe I don't care. We're all going to die anyway, the when and the where doesn't matter and trying to prolong your life is as pointless as knowing the word Floccinaucinihilipilification"

"Huh?" Olette asked bewildered as she was stricken back by the insanely long word which's meaning was most likely as deep and confusing as the word itself, a meaning that was so complex that that knowing the word was meaningless because no matter how hard you try, you would never know the meaning to go with it

"It means useless as in 'knowing the word Floccinaucinihilipilification is useless'" So much for deep and confusing meaning

"But don't you at least want to live for as long as you can?" Olette asked

"If only she knew" Sam solemnly though, "There's a story I know that may help you see that things aren't always as they seem, then perhaps you will understand more"

"A story?"

Sam nodded his head, "There was a man once who managed to really piss off a creature which dared to call itself 'god' it was so arrogant but of course it had lost all its power centuries ago so it done what it could. It lunged all its power at him however at the time it appeared as if nothing happened and in the attack, the creature died. It wasn't until afterwards that the stupid fool realized what the creature had done, when the man had a child, the young boy only owned half of his life, the other half belonged to the creature, it had been resurrected within the boy. Eventually, a bunch of dumbasses decided that they didn't want a freak show running around and so in an attempt to destroy the creature once and for all, they set the boy aflame. Little did they know, the creature was dormant, well until then at least"

Sam laughed a little before continuing, "The creature took control of the boy's body, put out the flames and killed the fools at the same time. It was around this time that the boy realised that he couldn't die. Even when he tried to end it himself he couldn't"

"He tried to...commit suicide?" Olette asked seriously

"You have to realise something, every second of his life was riddled with pain. Physical, emotional and above all, mental. But then he found out something, within his research of cases of sheared lives like his. He realised that the beast within him was incapable of stopping something such as cancer, and we all know something that causes cancer now don't we?

Olette's eyes widened, "Smoking, he started smoking to die. But...that's horrible!"

Sam looked Olette straight in the eye; Olette saw an emotion that looked like a mixture of hatred, rage and misery mixed together, "What did you expect. Life isn't like some god damn fairy tale. And it isn't some sadistic joke. I assure you this story isn't going to have a happy ending"

"It's real" Olette's eyes widened even more if that were possible as she came to a realization, "It's you. You're the boy!"

"Oh, you're just so smart aren't you" Sam spat

"Graagh!!" A voice screamed out in the distance

Suddenly, Sora rushed out, "What was that?!"

"It appears that our enemy has revealed themselves" Sam replied, "We should hurry lest the 'pour and innocent' bystanders are inconvenienced by them"

"Sam, are you alright?" Sora asked concerned at the tone of the boy's voice

"I'm fine, hurry up. I've had enough of this world"

"Alright" Sora replied as he rushed out towards the noise. One by one, the others followed in suite. Riku, Leon, Donald, Goofy but when Kairi stepped out, Sam stopped her

"Stay with them" Sam simply said with his Cigarette in his mouth

"But-" Kairi began but Sam interrupted her

"Listen, someone has to stay with those dipshits and it sure as hell isn't going to be me"

"Hey!" Hayner complained from the doorway, "We're standing right here!"

"Yes, I can see that" Sam said before continuing, "If they get captured then mister high-and-mighty back there isn't going to shut up about trying to save their asses"

"Fine" Kairi said finally giving in

"Good, now just wait here, this shouldn't take long" As he said that, Sam chased after his comrades

"Kairi, it's getting dark, lets get inside" Olette said

"Yeah, okay" Kairi replied as she turned around to follow her, suddenly, Olette put a hand on her shoulder, "Don't worry, they'll be fine

XXX

"Oh man, this is bad" Sora said as they were completely surrounded by hundreds of Shadow and Soldier Heartless. Behind them, a corridor of darkness opened up and three fat bodies dragged three unconscious teens through. The first was a rather muscular, dark skinned boy with black hair. The second was a thin girl with silver hair and the third was a short kid in blue with a large hat.

"I didn't think they would spread this fast" Leon announced as he brought Lion heart down on a shadow as it jumped at them, slaying it

"He, he, he" Sora turned his head to face the person who spoke. His eyes shot wide open at what he saw. There must have been at least fifty humans all carrying various kinds of weapons, "Alright you monsters, we have no more need for you. Be gone and do what you do" As the man said this, the Heartless that surrounded the six moved and rushed down a pathway

"We have to stop them" Riku mumbled

"Go on then, stop them" Sam said, "I'll hold them off"

"We can't just leave you here" Sora answered

"Sure you can, I'll be fine. Besides, we're getting nowhere fighting these guys"

"He's right, come on" Riku said

"Be careful" Sora simply said

"Whatever" Sam simply replied. With that, Sora, Leon, Donald, Goofy and Riku rushed off after the Heartless

"What, you think we're gonna let you get away" One of the head hunter said as he turned to them, suddenly, Sam jumped in between them

"Sorry, you'll have to get past me first" Sam stated making the man step back

"Shit, it's that kid" He said

"Ah, screw it, how tough can he be" Another said

"Well let's see shall we, which one of you is going to be first"

XXX

As the Heartless saw the two Keyblades, they charged at the five

Sora jumped forward and slashed his Keyblade through a soldier, destroying it. Suddenly, several Shadows jumped at him however Sora rolled out of the way; as the Shadows landed Sora raised his Keyblade and brought thunder down on them, destroying them

Riku slashed his way to the dawn around, taking down enemies in the three's. Suddenly, a Fat body came down, crashing several Shadows and Soldiers in the process. The Fat body charged at Riku however the seventeen year old Key bearer jumped over it and slashed its back, destroying it.

Goofy spun around, destroying several enemies with his shield. When he stopped, a Soldier jumped at him but Goofy merely raised his shield. When the Heartless hit it, it fell to the ground. Goofy allowed it to get up before he rammed his shield into it, destroying the Soldier.

Donald raised his staff into the air and brought lightning down on several different Heartless, obliterating all of them with ease. A Shadow jumped at Donald however he merely wound up his staff like a baseball bat before slamming it into the Shadow, destroying it.

Leon jumped into the air and came down on a Soldier, demolishing it with his Lion heart as he pulled its trigger. A Shadow jumped at Leon from his back however Leon spun around and sliced it in half easily with Lion heart

"Damn it, there's too many off them" Riku exclaimed. Suddenly, all the Heartless that were remaining dematerialized, "What the hell" The ground suddenly began shaking. Something was coming. Something big.

AN: So yeah, sorry about the ending. The next chapter should be up pretty soon. Please review.
Sign up to rate and review this story