Categories > Books > Harry Potter

new version of cross site fanfiction search system and fanfiction mailing list

by mcgurrin 0 reviews

New fanfiction locating mailing list and new version of my fanfiction search system.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover,Drama - Published: 2010-06-10 - Updated: 2010-06-10 - 221 words

-1Illiterate
I have set up a mailing list for fanfiction searches: Fanfiction-search@mcgurrin.net. Go to http://lists.mcgurrin.net/listinfo.cgi/fanfiction-search-mcgurrin.net to subscribe. This list will most likely be a general list (not only HP) but I expect most of the searches will be for HP. I have a new search system that I will make public soon that I may also try to run the searches on to help people get results. My system is currently indexing about 30,000 pages on a bunch of sites daily and already has over 900,000 pages in its system. This system will be available at ffsearch.mcgurrin.net within the next 24 hours (hopefully 4 hours though) as some backend systems switch over and caches expire. It is already available at ffsearch2.mcgurrin.net. This new system has been completely overhauled from my previous systems to eliminate a lot of the factors that were making searching and indexing slow. The system already has over 900,000 pages from a lot of fanfiction sites in it's database. If you see the result you are looking for coming a ways down in the results let me know what you searched for (search terms) and what was the result you were looking for. With a collection of those I can start to tune how results are ordered to provide optimum results.
Sign up to rate and review this story