Categories > Anime/Manga > Prince of Tennis

Despite All the Facts

by redex 0 reviews

InuKai. He has resolved not to make the first mood, but he had ways of getting around even his own resolutions.

Category: Prince of Tennis - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Inui Sadaharu, Kaidoh Kaoru - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-04-25 - Updated: 2006-04-26 - 499 words - Complete

-1Illiterate
My first go at InuKai, and I'll hopefully get better at it, becuase they are such an underappreciated, cute pairing. Heaven knows PoT has enough crack as-is...

---

Although for most people, kissing is a romantic thing, Inui is 98.9 percent sure that when Kaidou finally kisses him it makes him a pervert in the eyes of 95 percent of the human population.

He had been looking towards this day with mixed feelings (76:24 happy to unhappy) ever since he became partners with Kaidou Kaoru. Sadaharu knows himself very well, all things concidered, and he knew after only a few weeks of working with the boy that he was irrivocably attracted to him - despite knowing that he was a grade younger, male, and completely impressionnable. In fact, his imagination tortured him regularly (aproximately 121/168 hours per week), turning these problems into fantastic scenarios where they somehow become a plus instead of their logical minus.

It only took a few moments (3.25 minutes) of thought in the direction of Kaidou that Inui decided that he would definitely not be the one to initiate contact of a sexual nature, however chaste. Knowing Kaidou, he would assume that it was nessisary for training or something absurd and go along with it without full realizing or understanding the nature of his own feelings.

He was days (4.82) away from graduating, and something in him was almost sad (56 percent, truth be told) that he had never been considered worth noticing in that way by his doubles partner, even though he had been the one to discourage it. It was absurd.

It was actually a month (exactly) after graduation that Inui finally got a text message from Oishi, warning him that he had given Kaidou the address of Inui's new apartment just a few moments ago (imprecise) and to expect his younger (1.2 years) partner to show up that evening.

It had taken Inui by surprise, and he had paced for a good five-point-oh-eight minutes before he heard a knocking on his door and the familiar, although slightly lower (0.3 octaves) tibre than he remembered of Kaoru.

It was then that he was kissed, proportionally long arms wrapping around his neck and full lips pressing against his own. It was full seconds before Inui's brain caught up with his body, and it still couldn't do anything about his own reaction: wrapping his arms around a smaller torso to pull a body he had helped tone close enough to rub shirts with.

It was only a moment, but it stretched to impossible infinity.

When Kaidou made his muttered apologies ("I thought maybe it would go away, but it didn't, and I didn't want to bother you, but I couldn't even play tennis any more") and backed away, Inui couldn't help but chuckle a little at his own stupidity (despite all the facts) and slid his hand into Kaidou's hair to hold him fast when he leant down close enough for the younger boy to be able to see his eyes through his glasses.

"Me too."
Sign up to rate and review this story