Categories > Original > Drama

The Advantages of Being Silly

by Warina 0 reviews

Being silly sometimes offers a world of escape because the smarts only know how to escape by inteligence, and the silly has originality, that comes spontaneously.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2010-06-16 - Updated: 2010-06-17 - 531 words - Complete

0Unrated
Well, this is not drama but I couldn't find another category that fitted. English is NOT my first language and I don't have a beta, so I'm deeply sorry for any grammatical errors



The Advantages of Being Silly

The silly, since he doesn't have to engage with ambitions, has time to see, to listen and to touch, in the world.

The silly is capable of sitting without moving for two hours. If asked why he doesn't do something, he'll answer: "I am doing. I'm thinking". Being silly sometimes offers a world of escape because the smarts only know how to escape by inteligence, and the silly has originality, the kind that comes spontaneously. The silly has the opportunity of seeing things that can't be seen by the smarts. The smarts are always so alert to other's inteligences that they won't relax in front of the sillies, and those see the smarts as simple human beings. The silly wins utility and wisdom to live. It seems like the silly never had a chance. However, in so many times, the silly is a Dostoievski.

There are disadvantages, obviously. A silly, for example, trusted in the word of a stranger to buy a second-hand air refrigerator: he said the apparatus was new, practically without use because he had moved to Gávea where is fresh. So the silly buys without even seeing it. The result: it doesn't work. After she called a technician, his opinion was that the apparatus was so damaged that fixing it would be expensive: but it was worth it to buy another one. However, the advantage of being silly is to have good faith, is to not suspect, and thus to be in peace. Whereas the smart doesn't sleep at night afraid to be deceived. The smart wins with an ulcer in his stomach. The silly doesn't notice his own win.

Warning: don't confuse sillies with stupids.

Disadvantage: the sillies can receive a stab from the ones they least expect. It's one of the sadnesses he can't predict. Caesar ended speaking his famous sentence: "Even you, Brutus?". The silly doesn't complaint. In compensation how they exclaim! The sillies, with all their sillyness, must be in heaven. If Christ had been smart he wouldn't have died on the cross. The silly is always so pleasant that there are smarts who pretend to be sillies. To be silly is a creativity and, like every creation, it is difficult. That's why the smarts can't be sillies. The smarts wins from others. In compensation the sillies win life. Blessed be the sillies because they know what nobody knows. Besides, they don't mind others to know what they know.

There are places that facilitate the people to be sillies (please don't confuse silly with stupid, with fool, with futile). Minas Gerais, for example, it facilitate in being silly. Ah, how many people lose great things for not being born in Minas! Silly is Chagal, that puts the cow in the space, flying over the houses.

It's almost impossible to avoid the excess of love that the silly has. It's because only the silly is capable of excess of love. And only love makes the silly.
Sign up to rate and review this story