Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Dreaming With A Broken Heart

Chapter 2

by savedbymcr15 1 review

Gerard discovers that Mikey was telling the truth, and goes to him for comfort.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-07-06 - Updated: 2010-07-06 - 686 words - Complete

1Moving
Gerard couldn't believe his eyes. He was off tour, and had decided to go home early to surprise Eliza. He walked in to see her cheating on him, just like Mikey had said. Gerard immediately made an about turn, and bolted out of the house. He jumped into his car and pulled out his phone. He dialed Mikey's number, and put the phone to his ear.

"Hello?" Mikey answered.

"Mikey...I'm sorry." Gerard said, choking back tears.

"For not talking to me, and not believing me?" Mikey asked skeptically.

"For everything I've ever done!"

"What's with the change of heart?"

"You were right, Mikey. Eliza's cheating." Gerard explained.

"You can stay with me tonight." Mikey replied, sympathy quite obvious.

"Okay." Gerard said. He hung up, and drove as fast as he could without speeding to Mikey's house. Gerard pulled into the driveway, and jumped out of the car. He opened the door to the house, walked inside, and closed it. He slowly sank down to his knees, and his tears fell. He tried to keep his sobs quiet, but soon couldn't control them.

Mikey walked into the hall and saw Gerard. His heart broke as he looked at his older brother in such a vulnerable state.

"Oh, Gee." Mikey said quietly as he walked toward him. Mikey sat next to Gerard and took him into his arms. Gerard buried his head into the crook of Mikey's neck, and weakly wrapped his arms around him.

"I thought she loved me." Gerard whimpered. Mikey fought back tears of his own. He wanted to say something to make his brother feel better, but how could he say something that wouldn't come out wrong in a situation like this? "I should have listened to you...I'm so stupid!" Gerard cried.

"No, you're not. You just wanted to believe that everything would be okay, when I think that deep down, you knew what was happening." Mikey replied, trying to soothe Gerard.

Gerard just laid his head on Mikey's chest. Mikey held Gerard closely. He became aware that he and Gerard were still in front of the door, so he got up, pulling Gerard with him, and led him into the kitchen. Gerard sat down and put his head on the table.

"Do you want anything?" Mikey asked.

"Kill me?" Gerard suggested. Mikey's breath hitched in his throat as the words left Gerard's lips. He was suddenly filled with anger, all directed at Eliza.

"I meant food or drink wise."

"No." Gerard replied.

"Have you eaten today?" Mikey asked.

"Yes..."Gerard answered.

"Are you lying?"

"Yes."

"Gerard Arthur, you're eating whether you like it or not." Mikey said.

"Since when did you turn into my mother?" Gerard asked.

Mikey raised his eyebrow and smirked at Gerard, causing him to laugh for a moment. Gerard's smile disappeared almost as fast as it had come. Mikey sighed and put a cup of coffee in front of Gerard. It went untouched.

"Gerard, please. You'll get sick if you don't have anything."

"Good. Maybe I'll die." Gerard muttered under his breath. Mikey turned away from Gerard and finally let his tears fall. Gerard doesn't deserve this. He shouldn't have to go through this. He's a good guy...Eliza, I hope you burn in Hell. Mikey thought. He was gripping the counter so tightly that his knuckles were turning white. He closed his eyes and continued to cry.

Gerard noticed this, and quietly got up and approached Mikey. Gerard wrapped his arms around Mikey, hugging him from behind.

"Don't cry, Mikes. I'll do what ever you want; Just don't cry anymore." he whispered.

"Don't die, Gee. I need you right now." Mikey whimpered. Gerard leaned over and placed a soft kiss on Mikey's cheek.

"Never, Mikey. Like I said, I'll do anything you want; Just don't cry."

Mikey turned around in Gerard's arms and returned the hug.

"You're a strange man." Mikey smirked.

"How so?"

"Even in your heartbreak and infinite sadness, you're still the ideal big brother."

"It's my job, Mikey." Gerard replied. Mikey smiled.

"Eat something." Mikey instructed.

"Anything for you, little brother." Gerard replied.
Sign up to rate and review this story