Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Dreaming With A Broken Heart

Chapter 4

by savedbymcr15 1 review

Gerard has a nightmare, followed by an argument with Mikey. This leads to even more drama, and a decision that he may not live from.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-07-06 - Updated: 2010-07-06 - 693 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Gerard opened the door and walked up the stairs. He slowly opened the door and saw Eliza, cheating on him. He took a deep breath.
"Eliza?" he asked, his voice shaking. She looked up at him and anger filled her eyes.
"What are you doing here?"
"Clearly, you don't actually love me, so I'm calling off the engagement." Gerard replied.
Eliza got up and approached him. The next thing he knew, he was on the ground, blood spilling out of his body. Eliza had stabbed him.

***
Gerard's eyes shot open. He looked around the dark room and tried to calm down. He was shaking slightly, and his body was covered in a thin layer of sweat. Gerard got out of the bed and went into the kitchen. He got himself a glass of water and sat at the table. He took a sip and then put his head down on the table.
Mikey opened his eyes and noticed the empty space on the bed where Gerard had been. He could see a light shining into the hallway, so he got out of bed and walked toward it. He squinted his eyes a little while they adjusted to the sudden light change.

"Gee?" he asked.

"Yes, Mikey?" Gerard responded from the kitchen, his head still on the table.

Mikey pulled a chair up beside Gerard.

"You're shaking, what's wrong?" Mikey asked, resting a hand on Gerard's back.

"She's going to kill me." Gerard muttered.

"Excuse me?" Mikey asked, unaware of what Gerard had dreamt.

"Eliza, she's going to kill me."

"Where would you get that idea?"

"I had a nightmare." Gerard responded.

"What was it about?"

"Take a wild guess." Gerard said sarcastically.

"Oh..." Mikey replied, feeling somewhat stupid for not figuring that out right away. "Wait, where did the idea of death come from?"

"Once again, take a wild guess."

"Oh."

"You know, for someone who's supposed to be so smart, you're really stupid." Gerard said.

"Dude, it's 2:30 in the morning!"

"So? If time is the issue, how come you can manage yourself so well on tour?"

"That's different."

"How?" Gerard asked.

"Why are we even getting into this now?" Mikey asked, getting frustrated.

"See what I mean? You're pretty stupid if you can't figure that out." Gerard said.

"It's funny that you're calling me stupid, considering you're the one who got engaged to a slut who was cheating on you the whole year that you guys were together!" Mikey exclaimed.

The look on Gerard's face told Mikey that he went too far.

Gerard got up and ran out of the house. The fact that it was 2:30 in the morning didn't phase him. Besides, he was still fully clothed from the day before.
Gerard's life was falling apart, and now that he had upset the one thing that was holding him together, he just didn't see the point to living anymore.
***
Mikey immediately got up and started searching around the house for Gerard's phone.
"Looks like he took it with him..." Mikey muttered to himself.

"That's it!" He suddenly exclaimed. Mikey grabbed his phone, scrolled through his contacts until he got to Gerard, selected his cell phone, and clicked the 'track' button. The location of Gerard's phone flashed onto Mikey's screen.

He bolted out of his house.

"Please, don't do it." Mikey said, his voice cracking. "I'm sorry, let me save you."
***
Gerard stood at the edge of a cliff. He looked behind him and saw the bridge. I could turn around, but what's the point? Mikey hates me now, and my life is falling apart. I don't need to be here anymore. he thought. Gerard looked down at the dark blue water, the waves churning around the jagged rocks. It was the perfect place to end his life. He took a deep breath.

"Don't you dare do it!" Gerard heard a voice behind him.

Mikey...Why is he here? He hates me. Gerard pretended that he didn't hear Mikey.

Gerard closed his eyes, took another deep breath, and let his body fall forward. He could hear Mikey's voice calling his name, the sounds of water coming closer, and then nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Sign up to rate and review this story