Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > The Cubby

The Goodbye

by smilin_tj 3 reviews

“You know they’re going to take me away.” I look up at him and his eyes are full of sadness. “It isn’t fair.” he whispers.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [Y] - Published: 2010-07-07 - Updated: 2010-07-07 - 1466 words - Complete

1Moving
I inform the professors of my situation and defer from my architecture degree for six months. Of course, if the situation with the house goes to plan, I won't be coming back. As it is I cancel the lease on my apartment and throw out more than half of my belongings. All that I have remaining fits into three suitcases that are stowed safely in the boot of my car. I sigh and roll my shoulders, trying to work out the tension in my muscles. I have progressed from the carefree university student life I formerly led, to a full fledged responsible adult homeowner. Jobless is now also added to the list: in my calls to lecturers last week I also included my boss of nearly three years. I didn't get much sympathy, and I didn't care. It was only a job.

I raise the volume of the calming Dave Matthews Band that was currently playing through the stereo from my iPod. The music is like my own personal time machine that only ever takes me to one destination and time. Our Cubby, 1999.



George and I met every night in secret. It was thrilling to think that nobody else in the entire world - let alone our fathers - knew we snuck into The Cubby and kissed. Every time I came back inside my heart would race with fear that He had woken up, but it never happened, and the adrenalin rush only made me want to meet secretly with George more and more.

We would meet up and walk to school together, grinning at each other with our own little secret kept safe, laughing anytime Spencer would glare at us in the afternoons, and hold hands sometimes when no one was around. It was the best, most thrilling experience I'd had, and probably ever will have.

Our nighttime sessions were becoming more and more exciting as well. There was only one night that He came into my room since we started our secret meetings, and every night that sleep overtook Him before He had a chance made me feel so triumphant inside. George and I would meet in The Cubby and glue our lips together until we could barely keep our eyes opened. He would swirl his tongue around my mouth and I would push myself against him, wrapping my arms around his neck, and we would get lost in our own World.

Two weeks after we first started our daring rendezvous, he walks me almost to my door, stopping just out of sight. We grin at each other and he quickly pecks me on the cheek like I have come to get used to.


"See you later." I say smiling.

"Later tonight." he says cheekily and I turn to walk through the open door with a giggle - just as His large body blocks the doorway.

"Sammy!" He bellows at me, "What's so funny?"

"Nothing." I lie quickly, closing the door in case He caught a glimpse of George. I try to slide out of His way but He catches my arm. He stares at my face.

"Get changed out of your school clothes." My heart sinks, I know what is coming. I turn and walk up the stairs to my room, hearing His heavy footfalls behind me. He sits on the bed as I remove my clothes piece by piece. I have started to wear bras over my small breasts and He demands I take it off. I do so, trying to force my mind to become numb.

"You're growing up Sammy." He licks His lips and His beady eyes rake over my budding breasts, "You'll be a woman soon." An involuntary shudder rips through me, dreading what that day would bring. He tells me to pose for Him, bending me into His favorite positions. His hands linger on soft breasts and He sighs. I shudder again, blanking out what I can as He takes photos, all the while licking His lips. He stops only when I start to cry softly, demanding that I stop. I sniff deeply and look at my feet.

"It's ok Sammy. I'm your Dad. I'm not going to hurt you. It's ok." He pulls me onto His lap and kisses me lingeringly on the mouth. The thought that immediately runs through my mind is that it is nothing like how George kisses me. I hold on firmly to this, knowing I will be gone soon, and that George and I have been fooling Him every night.


When I open The Cubby door George hugs me tightly before I can even sit down. I let him hold me close, knowing that something is different this time. My pulse starts to race. I feel his breath on my neck, it tickles so much and my skin erupts in goosebumps. He pulls back and, seeing them, lowers his head down to kisses my neck. I gasp. I want to squirm away but it feels so unbelievably good. The fluttering in my stomach comes surging back and my heart beats hard in my chest. He keeps kissing my neck, gently sucking at the skin and my breath gets faster and heavier. He pulls back and gazes at me, his eyes shining in the moonlight. I can't stand anymore and I reach up to pull his face to mine.

Our lips move fast against each others in complete unison and he sits down slowly, pulling me onto his lap. We continue to kiss wildly, his tongue grazing against mine. I feel his hand creep under my pajamas and around my waist to rest against my lower back. The feeling of his warm hand on my bare skin sends more shivers through my body and the twisting in my stomach starts to make me feel sick. His other hand slowly moves up along my stomach, making me shiver. I am again gripped with the sudden need to burst into laughter and I fight it down as his fingers travel upwards. I shift myself slightly to lean against the bench, my tongue swirling about his mouth as his hand reaches up to rest lightly on my breast. I whimper softly into his mouth, and I feel his hardness pressing into the back of my thigh. When he squeezes gently I pull back, breathing hard.

"George," My whisper come out fast, more of a gasp than words, "I really like you."

"I really like you too Sam." I pull myself up close to his body and kiss his lips as he squeezes my waist, and when we break apart I can't help smiling. He returns it but the corners soon turn down to a frown. "The curtains were opened this afternoon." I gasp, pulling away from him. "I didn't watch if that's what you're thinking." His face is turning a brilliant shade of pink but his mouth is still frowning in disgust. "I only saw the flash. I couldn't see you at all. Just Him. Sitting on your bed with a camera."

I start to cry silently and he wraps his arm around me. He is silent for a few minutes, listening to me as I sob into his shirt.

"You have to call your Mom." I slide off his lap slightly but still keep my arms around his shoulders.

"I can't do it at my house. I'll have to do it sometime tomorrow after school." I mumble too ashamed to meet his eye.

"I'll come with you ok?" I nod and rest my head back on his shoulder.

"You know they're going to take me away." I look up at him and his eyes are full of sadness.

"It isn't fair." he whispers. I close my mouth around his for one last time, getting lost in the softness of his lips. Our faces are wet, and I can't be certain whether they are my tears alone as our tongues danced together. We shuffle over to the corner of the bench and I lean back against the wall as George towers over me. I cling to him, wishing there was a way that I could show him how important he was to me, how much my heart was aching, how much I would miss him. Wishing we could stay here forever, that we could have our own World, just him and I.

But we couldn't.

We were only thirteen.





I know this is only short but, for me, this is the most meaningful and beautiful chapter. I actually cried when I reread it for the first time in 2 years ... but then I'm a massive girl and bawl in nearly every episode of Glee so ...

Hope you guys are liking it so far! Comment and let me know what you think =D

ONLY THREE CHAPTERS TO GO!!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story