Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We're In This Together

Two

by connor_constantine 3 reviews

The day after the party.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-07-09 - Updated: 2010-07-10 - 922 words

2Exciting
"Wake up."

Jeremy rolled over on his side.

"Wake up… Jeremy! Wake up!" I shouted.

"Ah! What?" Jeremy yelled, jumping to his feet.

"It's 2 o'clock in the afternoon." I said. "You’ve slept long enough."

"What happened last night!?" Maggie asked, running into the room.

Jeremy looked around the room. There were overturned tables and tilted picture frames everywhere. Gerard was still passed out on the floor.

"Da-amn! That was some party!"

"Yeah, it was!" I yelled and high-fived Jeremy.

Maggie crossed her arms over her chest and irritably said "I should've stayed to make sure something like this wouldn't happen!"

"Well then blame yourself for not staying." Jeremy said, smiling.

Maggie groaned and stormed out of the room just as Taylor walked in.

"Jeremy!" She shouted. "You really got that mosh pit going!"

"Me?" Jeremy asked.

"Heck yes!"

"I don't even remember the party that much."

"Well, you had lots of fun. You met this guy and went upstairs with him." Taylor said, smiling as Jeremy's eyes widened. "Then you locked the door. I can only begin to imagine wha-"

"No, you didn't, Jeremy. She's just messing with you." Amy said, as she walked into the room and smacked Taylor in the back of the head. Then Taylor walked out of the room.

"But you did get the mosh pit going. I actually remember it pretty well. You knocked Gerard over and he fell on the table." Amy continued.

Jeremy looked over at Gerard, then back at Amy and I.

"Why don't I remember any of this?"

"Someone must've spiked the punch bowl." I responded.

"We have a punch bowl!?" Jeremy exclaimed, clearly excited, just before running over to the punch bowl to get a drink.

"Well don't drink more of it!" Amy yelled.

"Oh, yeah." Jeremy said as he dumped his cup back in the bowl.

"Well, last night I got a call from Trent Reznor's manager. He wants me to tour with him." I said, changing the subject.

Jeremy turned and stared at me for several seconds before yelling "Bull!"

"Thanks a lot, Taylor!" I yelled.

Taylor walked back into the room and said "Thanks for what?"

"For telling Jeremy about what you did last night?"

"What did I do last night?"

"You said 'Bull!' and laughed at me when I said Trent's manager called."

"Oh, yeah! That!" Taylor shouted. "Yeah, that was funny."

I rolled my eyes and turned back to Jeremy.

"It's true. He called." I said. "He wants me to meet him at Nothing Records this Thursday."

Maggie ran back into the room.

"Are you serious?!" She said.

"Yes." I responded. "He told me that Trent Reznor wants me to be a touring guitarist. But I don't know all about it yet. That's why we're meeting at Trent’s label to talk about it completely."

"That's awesome!" Maggie exclaimed. "Uh… But maybe before we talk about all this we should clean up the place." Maggie said.

"Yeah, you're probably right." I replied.

So I spent the next couple hours cleaning up the place with the others. Well, with the exception of Taylor who made herself at home and made a sandwich... with Gerard’s food… from Gerard's refridgerator… without asking. And it actually wasn't until 4 o'clock when Gerard woke up. It felt kinda awkward at first that we were awake first, because we were in Gerard's house.

"That was some party." Gerard said as he stumbled through the room.

"Yeah it was." Jeremy and I both said, high-fiving again.

Gerard walked into the kitchen and began to pour some punch.

"You don't wanna drink that." Taylor said as she walked by, leaving it open to Gerard's imagination what was put into the punch.

"Where's the rest of my band?" Gerard asked me as he left the kitchen.

"They woke up a little bit before you, and went out somewhere."

"Why didn't they wake me up?"

"They said something about you being cranky when people wake you up."

"Oh, yeah. Then it's probably a good thing that they didn't wake me up."

"I got great news, though!" I said. "I've been offered to tour with Nine Inch Nails! And I'm meeting Trent Reznor’s manager at Nothing Records tomorrow."

"What about your band, though?"

"Well, I don't know everything about this yet. That's why I'm meeting him at the label to discuss this completely."

"Well, good luck." Gerard said, and grabbed his car keys. "Who wants Chinese food?"

"Me!" Everyone shouted at the same time from various rooms around the house, and Gerard stepped out the front door.

That night as I ate my orange chicken, I thought about our career as a band. It has been taking off recently and with our new album, recent label-signing, and my tour with Nine Inch Nails, our band is sure to receive full publicity. We've gotten pretty popular recently, but it's no comparison to our popularity after I tour with Nine Inch Nails. Then when I return we might tour again, this time as the headlining band. It's all so exciting now. I never expected things to happen this fast.

After dinner, I went upstairs and got ready to go to sleep. Tomorrow is a big day, and I have to be up early if I want to be prepared to meet Trent's manager, or possibly even Trent. So I got a good night's sleep…. possibly TOO good a night's sleep.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks to Amy_Revenge for proof-reading this chapter.

Her book is called Caught Up In This Web.
Sign up to rate and review this story