Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

The sweet scent of his skin

by BATD 0 reviews

They smelled as sweet as spring, when the flowers wake up and the rain touches the petals. Just like his skin.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-07-10 - Updated: 2010-07-11 - 676 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N
This is my fist one shot, so tell me what you think! I know it's kinda short. But still, it's something to read while you wait for me to update my other stories. R/R
Lots of Love




I was with Ryan, my Ryan. He was the most loving and caring man I’d ever met. Just the thought of his name made me smile. I knew he was the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with. I inhaled the sweet scent of his skin as he embraced me. My body fit perfectly to his, as if they were sculptured that way. The rain was pouring down outside, just like it had been the first time I’d laid eyes on him. I remembered that day as if it was yesterday.

It had been a late night in mid April. I’d been to a club, but I was not wasted. I was searching desperately for my keys in my bag, sulking wet from the rain. Suddenly, there was no more rain. As I looked up to see why, I saw an umbrella. The umbrella was attached to a hand, which was attached to an arm, which led to a man. Now his umbrella was covering my head, not his.
“You appeared to need it more than I did” he smiled at me “did you find what you were looking for?” I stared at him dumbly. “In your bag?” he continued when I didn’t answer.
“Oh…” I said, probably looking, and sounding, as dumb as I felt. “Um… no… I seem to have lost my… err… keys…” I wanted to panic, but I didn’t. This man, he calmed me. I never knew why. He’s always had that effect on me. As I looked at him, the world seemed to move in slow-motion. I saw every raindrop that landed on his face; I could count them for you if you wanted me to, and his brown hair. It was dripping wet already, and sticking to his face. His eyes, oh those eyes! They seemed to change color the deeper I looked in to them. At first I thought that they were dark brown, but then I decided that they were more greenish brown. They amazed me. The sound of his voice interrupted my thoughts but I had a hard time concentrating on the words.
“Huh?” I said dumbly.
“You look cold” I had to watch his smiling lips closely to get the words. I realized that I actually was shivering and nodded.
“Look” he said, still smiling “I live on the second floor. You could come in and get dried up and maybe get some sleep. We’ll call the landlord in the morning”
“You don’t ha-“
“No, it’s no trouble at all” he prompted “I’ll sleep on the couch”
“If you insist… but I’m NOT taking your bed!” I smiled at him. He led me to his apartment in silence, except for the exchanging of names. When we got there he handed me a dry shirt and a towel.
“Promise I won’t peek” he said and turned around.
“Thank you” I said shyly. After a lot of protesting I still ended up lying safely under the covers of his bed. They smelled as sweet as spring, when the flowers wake up and the rain touches the petals. Just like his skin.

Till this day, exactly four years later, I’ve always had that scent fresh in my memory. There is no place in the world that feels as safe as Ryan’s arms to me. I’ll be his forever, just like he’ll be mine. He’s my soul mate, if you believe in that sort of thing. I inhaled once again. He made me feel all warm everywhere.
“I can’t believe that we’re having a baby” he said in a soft voice, still sounding as the happiest man in the world.


A/N
Don't forget to review! :)
Sign up to rate and review this story