Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Crumbling Hope

Chapter II

by Queen_of_Rhye 0 reviews

In which guitars are played and families are longed for

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2010-07-19 - Updated: 2010-07-19 - 403 words

0Unrated
Gerard feels the cobblestone crumble underneath his feet and the guitar bump against his back, strapped there with a cheap, frayed material strap. He walks down the alleys through a maze of monotone houses. It'd be easy to get lost in this (in fact he had, alot at first) if he didn't make this walk almost everyday. His ratty old converses pad the ground as he heads for the familiar town square, to hopefully make a few bucks. He runs his hand through his greasy raven black hair as a makeshift brush.
"Wow," he thought, "I'm getting grungy, I wonder if I have enough for a motel for tonight." Having a good shower was dire, even cheap motels around here provided you with soap and toothpaste. He was still pondering this as he burst into the center of town. It was as if his senses exploded into a world of light and color, sounds and smells, you could feel the energy in the air. There were vendors selling various foods next to the walls of the circle of square shops that would provide you with just about anything your heart could desire. In the start of alleys Gerard could see the sillouhettes of curvy, slutty looking figures with inches of makeup on, some female and some male. There were families with little kids and picnic baskets, and he felt his heart ache as he wished his family were still a family. There were cold eyed business men with there ties and briefcases, walking stiffly and steadily. They were the kind that never gave him money, not even loose change. And in the middle of all this was the large fountain that was the ideal place for a guitar player. It was about 15 feet in radius at the base and had four layers. The base had glorious scenes chisled in it, from the bible. The second layer and Native Americans on it, hunting buffalo. The third was dedicated to romance and the fourth to the ocean. He took his seat and began to play. Gerard played the misfits, queen, the ramones, and sang just as well. He played not only for the families on picnics and business men, but also for little Mikey up in heaven, for his mother that left, and for the family he longed for. He'd not heard the words "I love you" in so long.
**
Next chapter is Franks POV
Sign up to rate and review this story