- Oh man what a waste of a good fic, Harry/Ginny?? I mean cmon what man would arrange a contract between their son and a girl who's mother looks and acts like Molly Weasley??
Author's responseI haven't felt like going through all the folderol of replacing the first chapter for the author's note. This will not end up being a H/G. It's just convenient at this point of the story.
Wait just a minute... didn't we go through this same complaint with you about two chapters back?
- Wow. Glad to see this story continued after so long. As excellent as I remember it being.
Oh, and don't let the rabid shippers like the reviewer before me drag you down. It's your story, so tell it the way YOU want to.
Author's responseGlad you're still willing to read. We're half raising my niece, so writing with a toddler in the house is a hard thing to do. Hard to believe that it was two years between updates! Honestly, I'm beginning to think I should just replace the first chapter and label it Harry/multi to stop the dumb comments, but I'm not doing a Harem story or even much romance type stuff in here for years. Henri will be at least 15 before he even starts noticing girls... or at least admitting it!
- Excellent update . . . . Sytherin potions kit, huh? Wonder how Hermione would react to that if Henri is Sorted into her House (it will be interesting to see what, if any, changes you make there)
Author's responseWe'll see at how the sorting works out. Most of the canon characters are the same as they were. The Dursleys and Henri are different, and Neville has been smothered a bit more than he was in canon, but I don't see otherwise how things could change based on what happened to Harry Potter for the rest of the population. As for Hermione, well, she may slowly change into a friend over the course of Hogwarts. I'm going for brat!Hermione at the first. She's used to being the best and the smartest and it won't sit well with her when she isn't as much. I will however, promise that brat!Hermione won't turn into psychobitch!Hermione.
- Are you going to have Divia show up? She should still be entombed in Egypt with a major chip on her shoulder.
Author's responseI'm considering having a Gringotts cures breaker find her. Maybe someone on Bill's team. (Not Bill, though. He doesn't deserve to have Divia kill him.) Frankly, it would make more sense to me in this AU for curse breakers to dig up Qa'ra's tomb.
Oh! Or I could have her kill off Bill, and have a vindictive Ginny break off the betrothal contract! Oh, the possibilities...
- Good to see you back on this one. I can see Hermione being a bit upset at not being the best and smartest and I can see her react in either an adversarial way that makes for lots of conflicts or decide on a cooperative approach of the two brightest working together; I suspect it may well devolve down to what relationship she and Henri develop before getting into an academic competition. It will be interesting to see Henri at Hogwarts without the baggage that being "Harry Potter" would bring. I'll be looking foward to the Sorting.
Author's responseYou're right. Hermione won't be happy at all about having competition. Currently, she sees it as a personal insult. Personally, I'm hoping for academic competition....