Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Why ?

Chapter 2

by EmoMCRFanatic 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-07-22 - Updated: 2010-07-22 - 1040 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2

It was Saturday morning and Gerard was coming by to pick me up to head over to Frank’s house for more band practice, I couldn’t wait ‘cause the guys asked me to sing on a few of the covers they’re doing of Green Day songs King For A Day and Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) and some from their new album, Warning, it was gonna be so much fun. It took me about an hour to perfect my hair and makeup and an hour and a half to pick out my clothes so I started with the clothes. I didn’t know what to wear, I thought maybe a strap t-shirt and skinny jeans, but then decided against it ‘cause the strap tee is really low so it made me look slutty. I argued with myself like this and tried on so many different outfits for about an hour until finally, “Ok I know, I’ll wear the new My Chem (I call them that or MCR for short) t-shirt that I made last week with my blue skinny jeans and my multi-coloured Converse All Stars. Yeah, that’ll do.”

So I put on my outfit and started on my makeup, I carefully and gently outlined my eye with black eyeliner pencil, then got a small applicator brush and applied some heavy black eye-shadow. I then put on 3 coats of thick black mascara and let it dry, then very lightly, I added a little flick of liquid black eyeliner on the outside corner of each eye. I stood back and admired my handiwork in the mirror of my dressing table. I looked good for half eleven in the morning. Now for the hair. First I brushed it very thoroughly until it was shiny and silky and smooth, then I got my hairspray and my paddle brush and started to tease (backcomb) my hair while applying hair spray to keep it in place. After half an hour it looked like a perfect ‘scene’ hairstyle which is the exact look I always go for. It was now twelve o clock so Gerard would be here any minute. I went around the house and closed all the windows and doors (my parents were in New York for the weekend so I was home alone) and fed all the cats. Just then the doorbell rang so I hurried to the door and yanked it open. “Hey,” he said in a cool voice, “you look really nice, uh ready to go?”
“Thanks, and yeah sure, lets go,” I said as I grabbed my backpack off the couch and hopped out the door. I locked the door behind us and got into Gerard’s car. “ You home alone for the weekend,” he asked.
“Yup, thank God band practice was today otherwise I’d be bored out of my mind”
“Ha ha, poor you, you must be so lonely up in that big house all on your own,” he said with a slight seductive tint to his cute Jersey accent.
“Oh yeah, so lonely,” I said sarcastically
“Hey, my parents are away for the weekend too and you know how I hate to be alone,” he said even more seductively, “so maybe I could stay at yours for the weekend?”
“Yeah sure, why not. But you are sleeping in the spare room this time. I do not want another incident like last time.”
“ Ha ha that was funny though.”
“No it wasn‘t. You walked in on me when I was getting dressed!”
“Ha ha, anyway thanks and yeah, I’ll stay in the spare room.”

We drove to Frank’s house with a Green day CD playing and the two of us shouting the words to Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life).

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time
We love Green Day and we know all the words to all of their songs.

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the while

We shouted the lyrics to the whole song and we got some really weird looks from people walking on the pavements. We do this every Saturday, you’d think people would be used to it by now.

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.


We finally got to Frank’s house and pulled into the driveway. Gerard turned the key in the ignition and got out of the car. I opened my door and got out, grabbed my bag and walked round to the studio at the back of Frank’s house. Gerard locked the car and followed.
“Hey guys,” I said, “can’t wait to sing some Paramore songs.”
“Can’t wait to hear you sing some Paramore songs,” said Ray who in all honesty, is the one who loves my voice the most, its weird. Bob was already there cause he had stayed over at Frank’s that night.
“Hey, oh my God, guess what,” Bob said in a voice that was bursting with excitement.
“What,” me and Gerard said in unison.
“Last night, Frank’s mom got a call from a, a talent scout who was at our gig last Saturday and he said that he spent days trying to get a mobile number for us and he also said that… that he’d like us to come over to his company building and play a few songs to see how we sound in a studio,” Ray said in a rush to get it all out.
Sign up to rate and review this story