Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Darkness Of Flashbacks

Darkness Of Flashbacks

by AlexandraSweden 1 review

Jared is in a hospital for mental illnesses and flashbacks through his life.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-07-28 - Updated: 2010-07-28 - 1117 words - Complete

2Insightful
- Just a moment away from becoming unclear -

April 27th, 2007

"Mr. Leto, do you believe that you are the victim here?" The psychiatrist asked slowly while pushing her old and beaten glasses up from the tip of her nose. During the two months and seven days that the patient, Jared Leto, had been seeing her he had never said a word. The whole situation seemed very odd as Jared had been one of the names on the sky of big Hollywood-stars that had shone the brightest.

Jared Joseph Leto, born December 26th 1971, had been taken to Martha's, which was a hospital for criminals withserious mental illnesses, after that he had been found in a heap of blood next to his murdered girlfriend. Her name had been Yolanda Sylvester, and she had been studying to one day become a doctor. It had been a smart girl with high hopes and ambitions. Jared's older brother Shannon had found the bloody mess with his brother and the corpse of Yolanda and called the police in an instant. A knife with Jared's fingerprints splattered out all over the shaft was identified as the murder-weapon. In court, the former rock-star refused to say a single word. As a matter of fact, Jared hadn't made a single sound since the day he was found sitting withhis arms wrapped around his knees with blood-stains all over himself. That behaviour lead to him being transferred to Martha's, the purpose was to figure out what really had happened behind those doors, by having therapeutic conversations to the patient every day, so that they could lock him up in prison for the rest of his life.

Now it was the sixtyseventh day of Jared's time in Martha's. The guards liked to have him around because he never did anything at all. He woke up early every morning to take a shower in total silence and then walked into the canteen where he fed and then went to sit outside the therapy-room where the sessions took place. Jared was never late for anything and never refused to do anything but talk. It was like he had suddenly just forgot everything about making sounds. Jared's personal psychiatrist Madison always thought that the shady man was hiding something. Information, that was worth his own weight in gold.


Jared gave Madison a small shrug, and a wave of satisfaction rolled over her and gave her warmth. That was the closest thing to an answer that she had gotten from him yet. The singer's head dropped and his dark strands of hair hung over his eyes. Jared hadn't shaved in what seemed like weeks, and his cheeks were robustly stubbled. In the ten years of Madison's time working with the criminals locked up in Martha's she had never met a patient as tricky as Mr. Leto. Every other person that entered the highly guarded gates to Martha's in the typical red suit that the patients wore, they had a diagnose. Madison already had something to work with, and knew by experience how to handle different types of disorders. Jared was a blank sheet of paper, and Madison didn't have the right pen to write something on it. She had already tried to talk to him about everything between heaven and hell, and the rock-star simply ignored her words and kept staring at one particular spot on the floor.

"Can you tell me about how you met her? Yolanda?" Madison asked curiously. Jared didn't move a muscle and not even his breathing rhythm changed. What she didn't know was that he already was far away from that white and clinical therapyroom and relived his past.

July 10th, 2000

Jared and Shannon made their way through the parking lot with towels wrapped around their shoulders. It was a hot day and the Leto-brothers had decided to spend the day at the local beach. Living in Los Angeles and never being far away from water suited the brothers perfectly as they considered the sunny beaches as their second home. They put the towels down on the soft sand and laid down with their faces turned towards the sun. Jared was at the time already a known name through My So Called Life, Fight Club and Requiem For A Dream. Jared and Shannon had also started their band 30 Seconds To Mars two years ago, but they hadn't released an album yet.


Jared lapped the sunbeams and shuddered as the warmth embraced him. Suddenly, he felt an elbow to his side. Jared shot up and stared at his smirking brother. "What?" Jared asked agitated and sighed heavily. He wasn't in the mood for having a silly fight with his brother in public. Shannon leaned forward and brushed Jared's long, brown hair aside. "Look at that." He mumbled and nodded towards a girl who laid on her back directly onto the sand. Jared stretched his neck to see clearer what it was that his brother was looking at and saw that the girl had an amazing tanned body. Her honey-blond hair was all over the place like a golden gloria in the dull sand. She was definitely easy on the eye. "Cute." Jared stated with a shrug. Shannon huffed and rolled his eyes dramatically. "She's hot! And she's alone. Go and talk to her, dude!" Shannon said and gestured maniacally with his hands. "Yeah, yeah." Jared said and got up to his feet.

The brothers usually had their little games on how easy they could make a girl interested in them. Jared walked over to the girl and felt his heart make an extra beat as he looked down upon her. The shadow from Jared's body covered the sun and made her open her eyes in suspicion. She had the greenest and most sprakling eyes that Jared had ever seen. "And who are you?" She asked without a trace of surprise in her voice. It was strangely flat, like she often got disturbed by foreign people standing over her. Jared forced himself to shut his mouth so that she wouldn't compare him with a goldfish. "I am Jared, Jared Leto. And you?" Jared answered and crouched down. He hoped that she wouldn't see his pink swimming-shorts as childish. "My name is Yolanda. Nice to meet you." She said and reached out a hand for Jared to shake. The sun burnt against Jared's back and he felt like throwing himself into the ocean. "Me and my brother over there," Jared nodded towards Shannon that was staring at them, grinning widely. "noticed that you were alone and wondered if you'd like to swim with us."

Yolanda eyed Jared up and down, from top to toe, before she slowly nodded. "Sure."
Sign up to rate and review this story