Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Woods are Bad News

Black Like Your Soul?

by Hands-Stained-Red 5 reviews

"This is not the time for jokes! You burned our kitchen! Mom is going to have my ass! Her and Dad will spend evenings drinking tea around it by the fireplace!"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2010-08-03 - Updated: 2010-08-03 - 628 words

4Exciting
Gerard and Mikey sat on the curb a block down from their house. They'd given up watching the clutter of people infront of their house and didn't really think the people going in and out of it would want to talk to them. Wait until Mom and Dad got home from work later, how were they going to explain this?

"Why in the world would you even try to cook Mikey?" Gerard said running his hand through his hair. "You can't make a bowl of cereal without spilling milk all over the floors and counters. Why would you even try to make pancakes?"

"I-I-I don't know! I was hungry! And mom had to work early and you were sleeping and she said that I could make something. And I just wanted pancakes! Besides… The kitchen can't look that bad.."

Gerard stood up and glared at Mikey. "The kitchen is black."

"Like your soul?" Mikey giggled.

"This is not the time for jokes! You burned our kitchen! Mom is going to have my ass! Her and Dad will spend evenings drinking tea around it by the fireplace!" Gerard walked into the middle of the street and stood there with his hand in his hands groaning about how dead he was going to be.

"It's- that- It won't be that bad!" Mikey offered hopefully.

Gerard turned around and stalked forward with rage. "Not that bad? NOT THAT FUCKING BAD?"

Moments went by as the staring contest between Mikey and Gerard went down. It ended when Mikey made a whimpering sound and started spilling out his apology.

"I'm sorry! Okay? I'm fucking sorry I tried to cook and I'm fucking sorry the kitchen is now black like your soul and I'm fucking sorry Mom is going to kill you. I'm sorry!"

Gerard stared down at his little brother who was now close to tears because of Gerard's screaming. Wow, didn't he feel like an ass now?

"Shit. Hey, Mikes," Gerard started sitting down again next to his brother. "It's really not that bad. I didn't mean to be such an asshole just now. It's not your fault, I should have been up to cook. I'm sorry Mikes."

"S'okay. I knew better than to try to cook." Mikey said taking off his glasses and rubbing his eyes

"But hey! I bet those flames looked pretty cool right?" This was Gerard's attempt at cheering his little brother up. It was working.

"Dude! They were like this big!" Stretching his arms as far as they would go, Mikey started on the story of how cool it was being so close to fire and how badass it made him feel.

He's just a kid. A kid who you are gonna let get heartbroken by Gabe. "Shut up. You don't know that."

"Oh, I'm sorry," Mikey said putting his arms down from the spastic display they were putting on.

"No! No, Mikey, not you. Keep going!" Gerard encouraged. This voice was going to get him into a situation one day that he wouldn't be able to fix with reassuring words.

"Hey guys!" Gerard didn't have to look down the street to know that one of the people walking his and Mikey's way was someone at the very root of his stress. The way Mikey's eyes lit up told him all he needed to know.

"Hi Gabe!" Mikey squealed.

Well, well, well. Isn't this lovely? "Shut up."


Oh my dears, it's been awhile and I would not be surprised if you've forgotten this story. But here is the next installment, hopefully this makes the previous chapter clear. And if not here is the explanation: The last chapter was a dream(with foreshadowing)that Gerard had. Make sense? No? That's okay. Hopefully it will soon.
Rate and review?
Sign up to rate and review this story