Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Too Late for Sorry

by Nnois_Wife 0 reviews

What Renji did caused his sister to take things too far but, it was too late for him to tell her how sorry he was. I put an O/C in there.

Category: Bleach - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Abarai Renji,Kuchiki Byakuya,Kuchiki Rukia,Kurosaki Ichigo - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2010-08-05 - Updated: 2010-08-05 - 1687 words - Complete

1Insightful
It was like every other morning. Wake up, get dressed, go eat, head to work. That's all that Kairi had to do. As for her brother, Renji. He slept in until noon, got up, went to see Ichigo, then came home late that night to only sleep in again until the next day. He should have found himself a job to help support the two of them. He was lazy. She hated him for it. All it took for her to hate him even more was for him to make one mistake. Stealing someone she loved from her.
It happened about a week from when Kairi turned 19. Renji was 20 going on 21. Still no job. All he really did was sleep, eat, and go out to the club. She wished he would at least act his age.
"I'll get a job one day, sis." he told her, sitting on the couch eating out of a giant bag of chips.
"You say that all the fucking time!" she retorted, taking the chips from him. "Grow up a little bit!"
"Whatever." he said, turning on the television. "You're almost an adult so you can take care of it on your own until I find what I really want to do for half of the rest of my life." he added, earning a slap from his younger sister before she stormed off out the front door to Byakuya's house.
"What's wrong?" he asked when he saw her.
"Renji is what's wrong. Like always." she told him. Byakuya sighed and hugged her tightly. He hated to see her so stressed out.
"He'll never learn." he said sitting down with her on his couch. "So, only 1 week before you turn 19." he added.
"Yeah. I can't wait." she said with a smile. At least someone cares... she thought to herself.
"I might as well give you this before I forget that I have it." he told her, pulling a small box out of his pocket.
"What is it?" she asked, holding it in her hands.
"Open it and see."
Kairi sighed. She hated having to figure stuff out on her own sometimes. She opened the box and her eyes widened.
"A ring?" she asked, looking at Byakuya.
"Yeah. It's not an engagement ring but, I thought that you might want something nice for a change." he replied.
"It looks expensive thought." she told him, putting it on and looking at how it looked on her finger. He chuckled.
"It was but, I think it's worth it." he said, smiling and kissing Kairi on the cheek.
"I will keep this forever and ever no matter what." she said, hugging him.
"I know you will." he said.
Later that week, a day before her birthday, Kairi got home from her late shift at the music store and took off her jacket before walking to Renji's room. She knocked on the door before opening it.
"Renji, I'm--" she stopped dead in her tracks when she saw something she didn't need to see. Ever.
"Kairi, this isn't what it looks like." Renji said, looking at her after rushing to get up. "Byakuya and I were just..."
"Whatever..." she said before shutting the door and going to her room. She sat down on her bed before looking at the ring on her finger that Byakuya had gotten her. She made a promise to herself to never get rid of it no matter what but, this was different. She had seen her boyfriend in bed with her own brother. She took it off and put it on her bedside table.
Later that night after Byakuya had left and went home, Renji walked into Kairi's room to see her sitting on her bed listening to her iPod and reading. He took a deep breath before walking over and sitting infront of her.
"What is it?" she asked after pausing her iPod but, not looking at Renji.
"Look at me, Kairi." he told her. When she did, he saw that her eyes were red like she had been crying for hours. "I'm sorry that you saw what you did."
"No you aren't, Renji. I know you aren't because if you were you wouldn't have done it in the first place!" she practically shouted at him. "Byakuya and I have been together for years and now you decide that you want him so you take him from me."
"I wasn't thinking before I acted..." he admitted, looking down. When he looked down, he looked at the book that she was reading and saw spots on it. "What's that?" he asked, pointing to them.
"Nothing." Kairi replied, closing her book and getting up. "Get out."
"Kairi, tell me what it is. I'm still your brother you know." he demanded, grabbing her wrist. She winced in pain, dropping her book.
"It's nothing you need to worry yourself about." she said, looking away from him.
"You know that's not true. I will always worry about you and you know it." he said. "Now tell me what that was."
"You know exactly what it is, Renji. Now let go of me." she said, her voice quiet.
"You...you cut yourself?! Kairi, why?" he questioned, dropping her wrist.
"You know damn well why I did it! Get the hell out of my room!" she yelled at him. Renji kept his mouth shut and left, closing the door behind him. Kairi walked over to her bed and laid down, curled up in a ball and cried herself to sleep.
The next day was her birthday. She didn't leave her room except to go to the bathroom and grab some coffee before heading back to her room and laying on her bed doing nothing but staring out the window or up at the ceiling.
"She hasn't left her room at all, Ichigo." Renji said to his friend. "I don't know what to do..."
"Maybe you should have kept it in your fucking pants instead of sleeping with her boyfriend." Ichigo said. "Maybe then she would be out here accepting presents from her friends..."
"Yeah, dude." Shinji said.
"Shinji, why don't you go try to talk to her? She'll probably listen to you." Renji said.
"Sure..." the blonde said before heading to her bedroom and knocking on the door. "Kairi, it's me, Shinji. Can we talk?" He didn't get a response so he knocked again but, the door opened a little bit. He pushed it open and saw her laying on her bed, not moving. "Kairi?" he said, walking inside and over to her. He gently poked her in her ribs.
"Dude, I don't know if she's sleeping or ignoring me but, she's not moving." he said when he went back to the living room. Renji sighed and walked to his sisters room, walking in and over to her. That's when he saw the blood around her hand.
"Ichigo, come help me." Renji shouted out of the bedroom, picking up Kairi and talking her to the bathroom. "Kairi, open your eyes and say something to me." he said to his sister who wasn't moving.
"She cut herself again?" Ichigo asked, grabbing a towel and handing it to Renji.
"Yeah. It's deeper than before though." Renji replied, tying it tight on the cut. "Can you drive us to the hospital within the next 10 minutes?" he asked, looking up at Shinji.
"Yes I can. Let's go." Shinji replied, heading out to his car and getting it started while Renji grabbed Kairi's iPod and book then heading out to the car. He got in the back seat, holding Kairi and Ichigo sat in the front seat.
They got to the hospital in 9 minutes and Renji rushed his sister to the emergency room. After they took her, the three males were forced to the waiting room.
"I hope she's gonna be alright, man.." Shinji said.
"Me too..." Ichigo said.
Renji just held Kairi's book in his hands, her iPod in his pocket and sighed.
About 5 minutes later, the doctor came in.
"Which one of you is Kairi's brother?" he asked. Renji stood up, putting the book down.
"I am." he said. The doctor walked over to him, placing a hand on his shoulder.
"I'm sorry to say but, we couldn't save her. She had lost too much blood and her heart seemed to be overworking itself..." he explained. "I'm truly sorry." he ended, walking away.
Ichigo picked up Kairi's book, causing a note to flutter out of it to the floor. He picked it up and handed it to Renji.
"It's for you." he said. Renji took it and read it. When he finished reading it, he sat down and started to cry.
"What did it say?" Shinji asked.
"She got her job signed over to him." Ichigo said after reading it. "And this was yesterday after she caught you and Byakuya."
"C'mon. Let's go." Shinji said, standing up. It took a minute for Renji to get up. They walked to the car and got it started before heading back to his house. When they got there, Renji went to his sisters room, laying on her bed. He truly did miss her and he was truly sorry but, he knew it was too late for sorry and he felt like the worst person on earth until he found the note she wrote to him.


Renji,
I know that you didn't mean for it to happen but, I know you better than you know yourself. You can appologize as much as you want for it but, you're already forgiven. I just wish that I could have stopped myself. I guess I couldn't let it go. I will love you forever and ever because you are my big brother. No matter what you do. Tell Byakuya that he should take the ring back but, tell him that I love him still. I'm sorry to have worried the both of you. Please be safe and don't do anything reckless.

Love,
Kairi


Renji held it to his chest and cried. He would always remember his sister no matter what and he would always be sorry for what he did.
Sign up to rate and review this story