Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Ignorance Is Your New Best Friend

Ignorance Is Your New Best Friend

by outlawbby 0 reviews

Please read and rate. I need feedback in order to know if this is good enough to keep, or just something to forget. It's a simple story, nothing to outrageous. There's love and Lust, Hate and viole...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-08-03 - Updated: 2010-08-04 - 897 words

0Unrated
Kelly was scared. She'd never experienced This kind of scare before, her heart pounding in her chest; her eyes burning from tears. Suddenly she heard footsteps. Closer, closer, closer.
Her breathing got lighter as she tried not to make a noise, hiding inside a washing machine may sound stupid. But what mother fucker would even look in there?

"She's gone..." said a male, Crossing her fingers, Kelly prayed they would just leave, please...please leave. The only thing she couldn't control right now was the pounding in her chest, it was so loud she thought that the intruders would be able to hear it.

"We got the mother and brother, that's all we need for this to go down, she wasn't even supposed to be home yet" She heard a snicker and footsteps getting farther away. "And if she does show up, Donnie will just kill her" Tears were streaming down her faintly blushed cheeks, He'd said that just in case she was still there.

Her Mother and Brother...where were they? She bit her lip, she'd remembered hearing screaming and then nothing, she never heard her brother through-out the whole thing.

Everything had happened so quickly, Kelly had arrived home from college early to surprise her Mom, Thinking she'd get some laundry done before her mother got home, she tracked her way down to the basement; Then she'd heard a door open and slam, the screaming began with-in seconds and she panicked and found a place to crawl into.

It took hours for her to move, she stayed squashed in there, not wanting to move, not wanting to make a sound, they could of always still been there, just waiting, waiting for her to move and then...god knows what would happen.

Her phone began to vibrate in her pocket, she couldn't believe she'd forgotten about it, the rush, the wishing to not be there, the praying they'd leave. She could of just called the cops. But her mind was a blur. Dis-regarding the text she dialed 911, it rang once, then options came into sound. Options?!

"Jesus Fuck" she whispered, pressing option one. Emergency. Major Emergency. And she was placed straight through to an operator.

"Hi this is 911, whats your emergency?" The operator asked, and Kelly lost words, she didn't know what to say or how to say it.

"I...I....M-my Mother...a-and Brother....I...I don't know what happened....Screaming....I hid...I just....I don't"

"Please mam' Take your time, tell me your address, and stay right where you are"

The operator was very calm, which made Kelly a lot more nervous.

"I-it's...48 Meadows Avenue....P-please...get here...I-I'm scared" And with that said, the operator stayed on the phone with her until she'd heard sirens and car breaks.
The crashing of the door, and multiple footsteps on the first floor, made her anxious, and she pushed open the washer just a tad, to see two police officers moving quickly down the basements steps.

"Got her" one said into a little hand held radio type object, Kelly burst into tears as they helped her out of it, collapsing on the floor as soon as her two feet hit the ground, She felt trapped and un-balanced.

FFW One Week.


Kelly had been placed in protective custody, The police didn't want to take any chances of the men coming back, and after what they'd done to her Brother and Mother, no-one would blame them. Kelly didn't, She cried from the moment she'd wake up, to the moment her lids slid down over her hues to sleep. Images she never wanted to see, again, flashed in her mind, over and over and over, like a fucking picture show.

Today, Kelly was been flown...to a different country, It being the USA, She is originally from Canada, It wasn't a huge move, but....she still needed to be free from being found. Her name was in progress for being changed, And she was going to be known as Emily Harver. 22 years old, quit college to see if she could make it big in Los Angeles.

Ha. Big, Yeah right.

It was approximately 16 hours later, she was now officially Emily Harver, a name she wasn't exactly keen on, she liked her old name, she like her old town, she new it wasn't safe, but she felt like she was...so rushed.

Kelly was scared. She had basically no-one, nothing. Some new apartment In some shady place in Las Vegas. She had a bed, a couch, a tv, and some other miscellaneous things. Mainly things she needed. Pouting to herself as she heard the Christmas song's on the radio, she sighed and looked around. Being alone...In a city she didn't know, was frightening.

Her eyes narrowed on a laptop she'd been handed as she boarded her plane. Something to keep her occupied, as she wasn't allowed to go anywhere or do anything, she couldn't even work. Not for at least 4 months. Which she thought would be a nice little break, until she realized no work. Mean's no money, means no life...what-so ever.

But that was right, she couldn't have a life, or real friends that could know the real her.
Sighing as her fingertips moved slowly across the keys of the laptop. Could she make friends, without seeing them? There was only one way to find out.

*************************************
Sign up to rate and review this story