Categories > Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender > What Lies in the Life of Jade: Amber eyes and Silver Lies

What Lies in the Life of Jade: Amber eyes and Silver Lies

by jadesohma 0 reviews

Jade was blessed with the power to bend fire, because of her father, and earth, because of her mother.With the help of a water benders necklace, she was able to water bend. Then came the day. The d...

Category: Avatar: The Last Airbender - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Aang,Katara,Sokka,Zuko - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-08-05 - Updated: 2010-08-05 - 1673 words - Complete

-1OOC
I rush through the trees to get to the Vally. The bison was landing right here when I saw it! I hope I'm not too late! That would suck. The avatar hasn't been to our village since.....well he's never been here so that makes it even cooler! I can't wait to see Katara the water bender, Sokka the warrior, Toph the earth bender, and Aang the Avatar. There they are! Wow Aang's arrow is bluer in person....

"Who are you?" When I snap back into reality, Sokka, Katara, Toph, and Aang were standing around me in battle position and I'm just standing there like an idiot.

I put my fist in my palm and bow to Aang and say "I am Jade. It's an honor to have you here, Avatar. I would like to take you to my village to feed you and your bison."
They put their Gard down and when Sokka says "Free food! Lets go!" He rubs his stomach and starts to day dream. "Sokka don't be rude!" Katara scowled "We'd love to come to your village, Jade." she told me much more sweetly than she did Sokka.

"Great, Fallow me." And with that, we were off. I can't believe I'm leading the avatar to my own village! this is so great! I'll be a hero! kinda....

We start to climb the hill that leads to the village gate. The top came closer and closer. The blue clear sky that usually fill the space above the village was no replaced with a cole black sky. The moment I saw it, I start to run. I went as fast as I could, hoping, crying, pleding that my father is holding them off. I don't doubt that he is, but hes not that quick on his feet any more.

I rip open the gate, hoping to find people bending and fightting off the fire nation. Instead I find the streets lined with bodys. Some faces too bloody to make out who they were. Most on the street were men and boys. A few were made out to be the women that fought. I even saw little kylee. She always said she would fight in the war when she was older. Even though she was only six. She got her wish.

tears filled my eyes as I jump across bodys. Only one thing was on my mind. Where are my parents? I go to my house. My mother was probly there. I wish I had been wrong. The floor was coverd in my mothers and my fathers blood. Their bodys so astray from each other but their hands were reaching for the others. Thats how they lie. Even when they are about to die they only think of the other. That is true love.
I turn my face away and go back out side. There stood a huddled group of Fire nation soldiers. They didn't notice me. Then, some thing inside me snaped. Tear flooded my eyes. Rage filled me. I stomped hard on the ground and raised my hands causing one of the soldiers to go flying into the air.

Now they turned to me. One of them pointed and said some thing. I couldn't hear any thing. Just saw and felt everything. Another one nodded. He took position and shot a jet of fire my way. I blocked it with my arm. When they were done looking at my in shock, They kept shooting at me. I blocked them with my arm and a wall of earth.
After the last one ran away,I broke down again. I fell to my knees crying. It took me a few minutes but I got up, tears still pouring down, and looked into all houses. Every one was dead. Even Saki and her new born were lifless. The baby boy didn't even leave his mothers arms before his short life came to an end. Besides my parents, this made me cry the most.
I look at the empty land on the side of the last house. I begin to bend graves. Looking at who i made them for. The baby was the last and smallest. It broke my heart that i didn't even get to meet him. He has the soft black hair like his mother and the cloudy blue eyes of his father. What will happen when and if he comes back to find his wife and son dead. I finish the job by putting a flower over every grave. I bowed to the dead, then turned to the quartet waiting for me.

"Jade? Are you okay?" Katara asked me, carefuly coming closer.

"I don't know yet. Please, come into my home and have tea." I say, not forgetting my manners. I already rolled up the rug drenched in blood.
They all fallowed me to my empty house. I got the last tea we had and boiled it. I pour it for them even though they keep saying they don't want anything. I finally sit down next to Sokka. The longer the silenece went on the more i cryed silently. A few gasps but other than that, nothing.

"Sokka, say something funny!" Aang says out of the blue. I look up from my hands long enough to see Kataras face of simpathy.

"What some thing funny?" He says. you can tell hes not that bright.
I let out a soft laugh. My throat still sore and closed from crying and gulping. Sokka put on a wide smile. I think he gets joy from giving it to others. He starts to dance funny and say cazy things. I start to laugh harder and harder. My tears were no longer sad ones.
He stoped and sat back down next to me. A wide smile was still on my own face. Thats when Katara asked "Would you like to talk about your family?" My smile faded. I feel the ckoking feeling coming back when I nod.

"I-I have to start with my father. He was 15 when he ran away from his home in the fire nation. He didn't think like they did. He thought it was wrong what they were doing, so he left. He became a theif to live. He never hurt any one. Just took what he needed secretly and fast. Then he came apon this village. He saw my mother and disided to make this village his home. It took them a wile to trust him. He had told them he would protect them if fire nation troups came. Or at least help. You see, this is, or was, an all earth bending village. So he would help fight them off. Wile he did, he feel in love with my mother. Then i came. A-and the worst part is, s-she told me she was pregnent this morning!" I start to cry again. Why can't i stop crying for ever? I would be fine not to.

"Jade, it's going to alright. Just looking to the better" Katara says sweetly

"What better?! My parents are dead and so is my baby brother or sister! A baby boy didn't even get to eat before his life was taken for no reason! I just had to bend graves for children! I have no one now! Not even a baby to take care of! Do you think my grandparents in the fire nation will take me in?! You think they would take in their disapointment of a son's daughter?! Do you think I could make it there with out being killed?! Or who knows what else they would do to me! That'll work out really well! I'll just steal to live like my father! It's not like he didn't teach me!" I yell. I notice that i was standing and Sokka was holding me back. I see the scared look Katara has. I sink down and begin to wisper "I-I'm sorry. I am so sorry. I-I didn't mean to yell." I start to cry, again.

"It's alright. You just lost every thing. I don't blame you." She smiles at me. I give a weak smile back. It quivers and goes back to a crying frown.

"Alright, now that we've gotten all our crying out, how do you bend two elaments?!" Toph says sitting up.

"I was blessed I guess. I can also water bend thanks to this necklace." I say touching the round stone around my neck. It was blue like its elament.

"Wow! That's amazing! How did you learn water bending if there is no benders here?" Aang gaped at the jem

"And how did you get it?!" Sokka says with glee

"We have scrolls that water benders have left here. And my father and I went on a mission to get things back that the fire nation stole. I got the necklace back. Only then i found out the woman was killed and had no family. So I kept it. I've found that I can bend with out it, but its pretty so i keep it on." I say quietly.

"I thought only the avatar could bend all four elaments." Toph says. I know she can't show much expession but know she listening to every detail and hanging on every word.

"Theres your loophole. I can only bend three"
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
I pack the last thing and through my back pack on my back. I slid open my door to see Aang and Sokka loading up Apa, I learnd was the bisons name. Katara was on the bisons neck with the rings. And Toph was in the saddle lounging.

"I'm coming with you" I set forward and not showing weakness or sign of backing down

"What?" Katara, Aang, and Sokka said together.

"I'm coming with you. I have nothing left here. I'm coming with you" I stay firm
There was silence.

Then, I thought it would never come, Aang extended a hand to me. I smile and take it. I don't know what lies ahead, but it has to be good to make up for this mess.
Sign up to rate and review this story