Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Reprise of an Untitled Story

Forgotten

by SaveTheDay 1 review

Summaries blow. This chapter is hella short. It's been months since I updated. That is all.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-08-08 - Updated: 2010-08-08 - 399 words

0Unrated
"So…it was good to see you in all your domestic glory." Gerard said, suddenly feeling awkward and gawky at Egan's front doorway. It was all he could do not to shove his hands in his pockets and shuffle his feet.

"Yeah. It was good to see you too. Even if it was a little weird. And, um, I'm sorry about this morning. "

"Yeah," they both sighed, simultaneously. "Well, guess I'll go."

"Okay."

It was after Gerard was out the door, down the path, in his car and gone that Egan blinked and realized she'd been standing there, staring. She wondered how everything got so impossibly different, how every word between them felt stilted and cordial and unfamiliar, how that could even be possible when talking to Gerard had once been easy as breathing. He'd looked so different. He'd looked like an adult, a far cry from the mixed up guy who couldn't decide who he was or where he was going five years ago. He'd gotten his hair cut (Probably more than once) and while he hadn't changed his odd sense of style, he'd refined it. He still smelled the same though, and looked off sideways when he was talking like he used to, and couldn't keep his hands still for long.

The first moment when she'd looked at him and said his name, she'd seen Gerard five years ago. Then he fell away and the man whom was a stranger in some ways, familiar in many others, was left behind.

She couldn't remember what it was like to love him like she used to. She couldn't remember why she'd ever felt more than friendship, irked and annoyed friendship, for the man. The realization that she'd come to stand in complete opposition to where she had been with him before seemed staggeringly tragic.

Oh, how far they had come.

Out of habit Egan pulled her cell phone from her pocket and checked the time, then jolted inwardly to see that it was already time to pick up Rae. She'd whiled away the hours with Gerard talking, and yet absolutely nothing that mattered had been said. All in all, it had been an odd, provocative, mild, inconsequential, nostalgic, utterly forgettable meeting. By the time she'd grabbed up her purse and jogged out the door, she'd forgotten him.


Author's Note: Two things--review, and watch Real World: New Orleans.

Love,
Me
Sign up to rate and review this story