Categories > Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender > What Lies in the Life of Jade: Amber eyes and Silver Lies

3rd times a charm

by jadesohma 0 reviews

you figure it out

Category: Avatar: The Last Airbender - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Aang,Katara,Sokka,Zuko - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-08-08 - Updated: 2010-08-09 - 1706 words - Complete

-1TrainWreck
Another early start on this fine day. I dress fast and start to walk. The more time with him the better. I really like him. It's only been one day and i feel like i've known him my whole life. I just feel close to him. Weird yes, but there is some thing. I just know it.

Since i know where i'm going, I don't get lost! And I get there quicker! Yay! I'm not stupid!
The bell rings when i walk in. Lee's head turns and he smiles. I take my table i had yesterday and Lee came a few seconds after holding a tray. "I hope Jasmine with lemon is alright. This one's on the house" He smiles "It's not on the house he's just paying for it" The owner called. I laugh at him only because he was blushing bright red.

He sets the tray down and takes his seat. "You don't have to pay for me." I take a sip of tea when he starts to blush even more. It's kinda cute. "I just thought it would be nice since you paid yester day." He says in his soft hazy voice that melts my heart.

"So, where were we yesterday?" I ask

"No idea. Lets just start off fresh." He replys

"Okay, how did your parents meet?" I get comfortable ready for a long romantic story that will make any girl envey her and any boy want to steal his idea.

"I really don't know. They never told us. I guess they didn't think it was important enough. Yours?" He looked up on the last word.

"When my father ran away and came to our village he found my mother and was set on getting her. He had eyes for no one else. It's really cute if you think about it." I chuckle and run my fingures around the rim of my cup.

"Why did your father run away?" His eyes full of curiosity.

"Because he thought diffrently than his father. His father was a fire nation general. He hated how he thought. So he ran away." I say trying to laugh at it but it's very hard.

"Your father was a fire bender?" He longed for the answer. He talks with his eyes more than his mouth.

"Yes. But hes not bad. Hes would never hurt a soul. I hope the avatar can bring peace to this world. I wonder what hes planing. I wonder what the fire lord is planing." I shake my head at the thought of it(shes not saying shes with the avatar because she doesn't think its saft)

"What do you think of the avatar?" He asks


"I think he can save this world. I wanna know who will be fire lord after ozai is taken down. That's the true mystery" I put my chin in my hand and stir my tea.

"What about the crown prince? Shouldn't he take the thrown after all thses years?"

"If hes any thing like his father, no. I think being banished was the best thing for him. Now hes out there hopfuly given up trying to find the avatar and just living a normal life. But i've heard the things hes done and i hate him for that." I say thinking of the stories Katara told me and how horible they were.

"Jade, I-"

"I don't pay you to sit and chat up girls all day. Now clean the tables. It's closing time again." Damn the owner messes up every moment. "I better go. See you tomarrow?" I say putting money on the table. "Yeah" and with that, I left.

"What happend?!" This time, Sokka said it along with Katara. "Why?" I ask him. "What? I can't gosip?" He replys. I shurg it off and start to tell them. At the end I get the same responce for both of them "He didn't kiss you?!" "Why? Was he suppose to?" I am so confused!

"Yes!" They say together. "It is the second date right?" Katara asked. "I wouldn't call it a date" I mumble. "He said he wanted to sse you again, right?" Sokka aasked. "Yeah,but-" "Then it's a date! And since you flirted the whole way through the first meeting, that the first date!" Katara said. "I would have done it" Sokka says proudly. "No you wouldn't!" Katara laughed. "Well maybe he'll do it tomarrow." Katara said

"Yeah, maybe."
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
The bell rings, a sound i've learned to love. Today, it was mostly empty but i still went to my table and sat in my chair. I waited for him. A few seconds, he was there with the tray again. Hes smiling like yesterday. "Am I paying today?" I ask as he sits. "Yes. My boss said i can only talk if its a slow day" He looks around "I think i can talk" I laugh at his poor joke.

"You start today, i've done it for the last two." I say ready to hear what he has to say.

"Y-Your eyes, they're sliver..." He looks at me in the oddest way but i don't think it's a bad thing.

"Yeah, they're my dads" Did he just notice that?

"I-I like them." He says is a dreamy vocie

"Thanks. Your aren't half bad either." I lean in putting my chin in my hand again. He just blushes (he doesn't smile when he blushes. Just an embarrassed face and rosy cheeks) and stairs.

"Hey, quit stairing and says some thing." I smile. Hes really awkward. Tall, lanky, get this nervous, but thats what makes him really cute.

"Uh, um, I should tell you i'm not working tomarrow. It's closed all day." He stammers

"Oh, so we wont see each other." I sadly say

"That is where i come in" An old man comes up to our table. He looks like the grandpa i never had.

"This in my uncle min,"Lee says pointing to the old man. "You can just call him uncle. That's what i do."

"Yes, and I would be honored if you would come to dinner tomarrow night in our home." He bows to me

"Oh you don't have to-"

"But I insist. You and my nefew have been getting very close. The lest i can do is invite you to dinner." Now Lee looked even more embarrassed with his head in one hand. Min had a wide smile on. How could i say no?

"It's tomarrow then?" I ask He nods and walks away.

"I am so sorry about uncle he just-"

"It's fine. He seems nice. It's not like hes going to kill me. So relax. Sit back and have some tea! Have a cookie!" I say kicking my feet up and swaying my cup in the air.

"Have a cookie? Did uncle slip some thing into your tea?" He smells my cup, when it was close enough, and looks at me if i've gone crazy.

"He did no such thing. I'm just happy. Is that allowed or do i have to go out side to enjoy my self?" He laughs at me and my crazy notions.

"No, you can stay in here as long as you want" He laughs. "No she can't" The owner called. I think hes getting tired of me stealing his employee.

I laugh again. Lee should make more coments like that he gets funny answers. And is it me or is it really weird that they're spying on us. Every time i look over there, they look away. Can't we be alone for once? The one day there is no one here, we get spyed on. I am not okay with this!

"So where do you live? I need to know if i'm going to come over." I say to him

"I'll write it down for you" He gets up and goes to the back. He comes back with a small sheet of paper and the calligraphy so neat and light i wonder if it was him who wrote it.

"Nice hand writing." I snicker.

"What? My father wanted us to learn how write like we had class and wouldn't accept any thing less" He told me. I just look at him. What kind of father does he have?

"I'm sorry. Your dad sound like an ass." I say to him. I mean am i wrong? Does he not sound like the worst father ever? I hate him and i never met him!

"It's fine. Not every one likes him. I don't blame people who do." He says in his hazy vocie

"Okay good cause-"

"It's that time again. I'm sorry, Jade, You have to go."

I stand. "I'll walk you out." Lee says getting up after me. I smile and nod. He even put his around me, low and not very close, but its still there. It was dark and the only light was from the shope and it hit him just right. I might have only seen his scar but it was perfect. He brushed hair from my face. Slowly, and i didn't even relize we were doing it, we were moving closer to each other. We were meir intches from each other. I closed my eyes and i assume he did too because in a matter of seconds we were kissing. Not a simple lip lock, oh no. It was passionate and it's well worth the wait.

We pull apart and we both smile. "Goobye." He whispers. He moves his hand down my hand then let go at my hand. I start to blush and smile widly. I start to walk and the same black blur came into sight. "Now you really need to stay away from him" This guy is going to get slaped!

"I have a question for you." I ask the darkness.

"Any thing" He says smoothly

"Are you afriad of the dark?" I light a flame in my palm.

"N-No, Y-Your-"

"You will after this, you better watch your back. You never know whats lurking in the dark." I blow out the flame and run into the shadows. How i love to mess with people.


I was welcomed with the same thing "What happend?!" I smile and say "Thrid times the charm!
Sign up to rate and review this story