Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Deliveries

Delivery 46

by Mikari 0 reviews

Delivery 46: Candy

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Cloud Strife,Denzel,Marlene,Reeve,Reno,Rufus Shinra - Published: 2010-08-13 - Updated: 2010-08-13 - 922 words - Complete

0Unrated
Deliveries

Delivery 46: Candy

On one side there was Shinra and on the other Edge. On one side stood Rufus, Reno, Rude, Tseng and Elena, while on the other there was a group of upset parents, In-between there was Cloud, Reeve and a large group of hyper children including Marlene and Denzel.

It had all stated that day at lunch, when Marlene and Denzel made their way to the school cafeteria. As independent students they were home schooled most of the time, but also attended school sometimes, mostly for testing. This was one of those finals weeks when Marlene and Denzel had to be in school for basically the entire week, the whole day for five days.

"My brain is in pain," Denzel complained, math would be the death of him.

"Mine too," Marlene agreed solemnly, "and now it's lunch time," she didn't sound happy about that at all.

Denzel twisted his nose in disgust, if only his lunch troubles were something simple like odd smelling mystery meat. Oh no, it wasn't that at all, the problem was the load of unappetizing looking vegetables on display behind glass. "We're not chocobos, we shouldn't eat greens."

"It's Reeve's fault," Marlene reminded, he was the one who insisted on giving the schools a healthy menu. Having healthy food available for those who wanted it, meaning old antiquated teachers, was one thing, but decent tasty food should also be available for those who ate for the sake of taste and filling their tummies and not for some something stupid like attempting to somehow relieve their multiple old age aches and pains, which would not go away anyway.

"I never thought I would be saying this, but I miss radioactive mystery meat," Denzel confessed, "I've been doing math all morning; I'm fed up with yucky stuff." Denzel began to make his way out of the school cafeteria.

Marlene glanced at the unappetizing menu again and before her face turned as green as the vegetables in disgust, she hurried after Denzel, "this sucks."

Denzel totally agreed, "one day I'm going to join the Turks and get revenge on Reeve for this."

"Me too," Marlene decided. Then they saw a familiar red blur zoom by, followed by a black one that came to a screeching halt.

"I won!" Reno jumped off Blaze with a large box.

Cloud grumbled, "it wasn't a race," despite saying that he had been working on Fenrir trying to make it faster, but could not keep up with Reno's red chocobo, Blaze. "I give up, what kind of greens have you been feeding Blaze to make him so fast?"

"Greens?" Reno looked both disgusted and offended, "what kind of a cruel father would I be if I fed my baby greens? I give him yummy stuff like cookies, cake, ice-cream, candy, that sort of thing."

Cloud sighed hopelessly; Fenrir would be forever doomed to be in second place whenever he raced Reno, "of course, nothing beats a sugar high chocobo."

"That's right!" Reno confirmed, he opened the large box and took out a bag of jellybeans, "here you go Blaze, have a snack."

Cloud's eyes widened, "I thought we were supposed to deliver healthy snacks to the school."

"The contract Reeve signed said good snacks and these are good," Reno explained as Blaze devoured the jellybeans.

Marlene and Denzel immediately rushed over to Reno and gave him big sweet smiles, "can we have some candy, uncle Reno?" They chorused.

"Of course, we brought this candy for all the kids here, but since you two are my pals, you get to choose the best candy first," Reno set the box down and allowed Marlene and Denzel to take what they wanted from it.

Cloud opened up the box he had as well, by then they had been surrounded by hungry children who smelled the sugar of salvation. They handed out all the candy and the kids were hyper through the afternoon.

That evening, a group of parents confronted the proprietary, manager, supervisor, secretary, stock holder, and one and only employee of Strife Delivery Service, Cloud Strife, about the hyper state of their kids. They also extended their accusations towards the sponsor of the event, Reeve Tuesti, though the money actually came from a donation from Rufus Shinra, since the WRO was as much of a freeloader of Shinra as Cloud was of Tifa.

The blame was redirected towards Reno, who surprisingly stepped forward and claimed full responsibility for the event. That was when Cloud and Reeve knew that Shinra was up to something. Rufus then called everyone's attention to a list containing the grades of the children from their afternoon tests in comparison to the morning tests of that day. It was a well known fact by those who were still young or young at heart that the more hyper you are, the better you will be at guessing during multiple choice bubble tests.

The parents were tricked into thinking the candies were super vitamins that enhanced the brain, but the children saw through the excuse right away. The fact that uncle Reno and his friends not only gave them candy, but also helped them get away with eating only candy for lunch, made them all the more cool.

Cloud and Reeve missed out on taking the credit, while Rufus and the Turks looked victorious. Children were the future after all and the future would be loyal to Shinra.

End of Delivery 46

Disclaimer, I don't own Final Fantasy VII. Delivery 46 was requested by Circle of Phoenix.
Sign up to rate and review this story