Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Under Jersey Skies

1

by SharazorRose 0 reviews

On Jackie's first day at Newark High, she is judged instantly for the way she looks and the way she dresses. It isn't until she meets Jessica LaTovey and her friends Gerard, Mikey, Frank, Ray and B...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-08-22 - Updated: 2010-08-22 - 1022 words

0Unrated
Hi, my name is Jackie James, I’m 16 & I have long blonde layered hair and bright blue eyes.

Just recently, Dad made me move town, so it was goodbye Winfield and hello New Jersey. So new town, new school, and I don’t know anyone. I’ll bet you’re wondering why my mother didn’t have any say in all of this? Truth be told, Mum left us for her crack head boyfriend when I was 13 & I haven’t seen her since.

Just as well I thought, seeing as she cheated on Dad.

Dad and I have moved a lot since then, due to Dad’s work, but he promises this is the last time, apparently the company’s told him that this time the placement is permanent. I have to admit I like New Jersey, our neighborhood is so peaceful, full of cute little blue houses that have white roofs, white borders around the windows, white doors and even white picket fences. Everyone so far is really friendly.

Well, almost everyone, that was what I thought before I started at Newark High.

While they try to make it look like a respectful school with the uniform, (which is a white polo shirt with a red & blue striped tie, red & blue tartan skirt, white knee-high socks and shiny black shoes) looks can be deceiving.

When I arrived at Newark High on my first day it was to find couples making out on the bonnets of cars, skater guys lighting bins on fire, younger students wrapping teachers cars in toilet paper and students smoking on the lawn.

Everyone stopped when they saw me.

Bleached blonde popular girls giving disapproving looks at my secondhand pink t-shirt, old blue jeans and worn out white sneakers. Skaters laughing at my cheap grey beanie.

It seemed that the only people that gave me any sort of nice look were a bunch of Emo/Goths sitting just under the archway that led into the main building. They smiled at me as I walked past, and one of them, a boy with shoulder length black hair and hazel eyes even said “Hi”

So an awkward start, but that guy was cute…

*

My first lesson that day was Art, that just happened to have that cute guy I was staring at before in it. He kept looking over the top of his canvas and smiling at me, and I’d hide behind mine, not wanting him to see me blush.

At the end of the lesson, I took my paints over to the sink to wash them out, and the guy came up and stood next to me, washing his own paints.

“You new here?” he asked me
“Yeah” I replied
“Sweet, I’m Gerard” he said sweetly
“Jackie” I said
“Nice to meet you” he replied
“See you around” he added, and then walked across the classroom, slinging his bag over his shoulder, and leaving the room.

He seems sweet…

*

I sat on my own at recess, not knowing who to sit with, as I didn’t know where Gerard and the others sat.

It wasn’t until I was in Music that anyone apart from Gerard spoke to me.

I was helping a few girls I didn’t know set up the microphones.

“So you’re new here huh?” asked a girl with jet black hair that was thick up top, thinner at the bottom and brown eyes traced darkly around with black eyeliner.
“Yeah I am, just moved here with my Dad from Winfield” I explained.
“Oh, really? I’ve heard about Winfield, supposed to be snobby as shit, no offence of course” she replied.
“Not taken, nah, Winfield’s alright, gotta watch your back in the alleys though” I said.
“Oh, it’s the same in every town, Jersey’s alley’s aren’t that safe either, so what’s your name?” she asked.
“Jackie James” I answered.
“Jessica LaTovey” she replied.

The teacher arrived as Jessica and I finished setting up. And man was that teacher cool.

She had long shaggy blonde hair down to her shoulders & grey blue eyes. She was wearing a black T-shirt that said Metallica on it in shiny purple writing, black skinny leg jeans with a studded belt, black steel caps & a black spiked cuff around her left wrist.

“All right you lot, settle down, NATHAN GIVE THE FUCKEN DRUMS A REST WILL YA?!” she yelled at a guy with blonde dreadlocks and blue eyes that was making so much noise on the drums that you couldn’t even hear yourself think.

“Sorry!” he replied, blushing.

“So ya should be, now, apparently we got a new student in our class today, where are ya Jaqualine?” she said.
“Here, and if it’s okay, I’d rather you called me Jackie” I replied, biting my lip, after seeing her yell at Nathan, I realized this was one teacher I did not want to get on the bad side of.
“Sorry sweetheart, I’m Casey Lynch, that’s Miss Lynch to you and the other kids, so you’re a singer are ya Jackie?” she asked me.
“Oh, uh, yeah, I am” I said.
“Well, let’s see what ya got hey? Class, let’s welcome Jackster here with “Pressure”
“You do know that song right?” she asked me.
“The song by Paramore?” I questioned.
“That’s the one!” she said, with a wink and a smile.
“One, Two, One, Two, Three, Four!” she counted in, and the class began to play.

I sang the best I possibly could, not wanting to make a total fool of myself on my first day. That’s when I realized Gerard was in this class too. As I was singing I had turned around to try and see what that dark figure in the corner of my eye was, and there he was, sitting in the corner, his nose buried in a comic book.

I finished and Miss Lynch turned to me and smiled.

“Not bad Jackie, not bad at all, you could probably give Hayley Williams a run for her money” she said…
Sign up to rate and review this story