Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Decisions

Precious

by BertaS 0 reviews

HG/SS based on Marriage Law Challenge. Hermione must make the best of a bad situation.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Hermione, Snape - Published: 2006-05-03 - Updated: 2006-05-03 - 446 words

-1TrainWreck
Chapter 1 - Precious

Friday

She had refused the lemon drop. She knew they were trying to help but ultimately the decision was hers and she only had till Sunday to make that decision. Hermione Granger had received twelve petitions for her hand in marriage, none of which she considered 'Husband Material'. Most were Death Eaters that got away, their sons, and a two were contemporaries of Dumbledore.

Now she sat in the Headmasters office, several members of the Order of the Phoenix were discussing the prospects over her head, arguing about the merits of each and which one she should accept.

Most of the order members did not even notice the large rather evil looking bird that flew in and landed on the arm of her chair, those that did only looked close enough to insure that it was not another petition. Hermione unfastened the letter and read:

Dear Miss Granger,
I am writing in hopes of meeting you at your earliest convenience to discuss the possibility of a marriage contract. I would like to get to know you a little and hear of your future plans and wishes before submitting a petition to the ministry.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Sincerely
Lord Setian Snape

PS The bird that delivered this is a Goss Hawk. His name is Precious. He is yours to keep as a wedding gift no matter who you choose.


Hermione looked at the bird and thought 'to name such an evil looking creature Precious the man at least has a sense of humor'. She rose and moved to the fireplace where Professor Snape was leaning against the mantel.

Holding the letter out she ask quietly, "Professor, is this who I think it is?"

Snape scowled and scanned the letter. The slight widening of his eyes and a flaring of his nostrils was the only indication of the shock he was feeling. He silently nodded at the girl beside him and she whispered, "Is he a Death Eater?"

His head moved in the negative this time.
"Will you take me to meet him?"

He looked around the room at the squabbling order members, but before he could open his mouth she said, "They won't even notice we're gone."

Snape looked around the room again and came to a decision. Grabbing some floo powder from the mantel and slipped his arm around Hermione. He tossed the powder into the fire and stepped in pulling her with him.

As the green flames died several order members looked to see who had left.

Severus Snape and Hermione Granger were missing. Left in their place was an evil looking Goss Hawk and a pile of petitions.
Sign up to rate and review this story