Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Your Love will be the Death of me

Your Love will be the Death of me

by IzzyLawliet69 0 reviews

High School fic; Sasuke is forced to move after a tragic incident. Naruto is living his life with the burden of his whole family being dead. When the two meet, Sasuke refuses to get close to Naruto...

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Naruto,Sakura,Sasuke - Warnings: [X] [?] [Y] - Published: 2010-08-31 - Updated: 2010-08-31 - 1921 words

-1TrainWreck
His backpack seemed to weigh a million pounds as he lazily made his way to his high school. It was all too early for him to even be alive, let alone have to walk three and a half miles. The morning sun beat down on his face, a cool breeze washing the heat away from the teen. Sighing, he reached into his backpack and pulled out his iPod. After scrolling through countless songs and playlists, he found the prefect background music for his trek to school. As he walked he mouthed the words along with the beat and bobbed his head.

Meanwhile, another young teen was waiting outside the double glass doors of the local high school. With a book in his hand, he cursed his older brother, Itachi, for dropping him off too early so he 'could get to work early.' But he wasn't fooled by his aniki's claims—he knew Itachi just wanted an office fuck with one of his coworkers. Already his first day at Konoha High was not going well. It would be a long school year if things continued like that.

The bell rang shrilly right as Naruto walked into his first period class, English. Sitting at the large desk up front was his favorite teacher, Iruka sensei. A smile graced his tanned face and he waved at his sensei before walking to the back of the classroom. He glanced around, looking for any new students.

Sakura-chan, Ino, Kiba, Shino… Chouji, Shikamaru, Neji… No one seems new. Oh wait!

He finally reached the back right hand corner and was about to take his rightful seat, but some guy was at his desk. Glaring, he took a good look at the boy. With spiky black hair and menacing eyes that could kill, he didn't seem like the kinda guy you'd mess with. Naruto had never seen him around. The temptation to poke the guy on the shoulder and tell him to find another seat was great, but he willed the urge into the back of his mind. He shrugged as he sat in the empty seat to the mystery boy's left.

Sasuke took notice of the hesitation in every movement the gorgeous blonde next to him made. In his mind, he knew he was in that boy's spot. He made no motion to move, but intertwined his fingers in front of his mouth.

"We have a new student in this class," the teacher at the front of the room stated. All but one of the teenagers in the room turned around to look at Sasuke with a look of interest—all but the blonde sitting next to the glaring Uchiha. "Come, introduce yourself to your classmates." Iruka smiled at the new kid and gestured for him to stand up.

Without getting up from his seat, he lay his hands gently on the cool wood of the desk in front of him. "Sasuke Uchiha."

Iruka smiled kindly. "Alright then, we'll start off with a review. Let's see how much you remembered over the summer!" he enthusiastically told the class. Groans erupted from a majority of the students as he passed out the seven-paged assignment.

A tap caught Sasuke off guard. He turned to his left, only to come face to face with a nervous-looking blonde. "Do you have a pen I could borrow?"

The kid didn't even know Sasuke, and he was asking him for a pen? Reluctantly, he pulled a spare blue pen out of his pocket and handed it to the expectant teen without saying a word.

Naruto mumbled a thanks before scribbling in the answers to the questions on his paper. Sasuke sat there, looking at the boy or a few elongated moments. Something about the bold blonde intrigued him, lit a spark he didn't even know existed.

Tch, I just met him. Why am I thinking about him?

The bell rang yet again, signaling the end of first period. Naruto sighed and threaded his fingers behind his head casually. Sasuke began packing his things, as did most of the other students. He looked at Naruto fiercely. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Black orbs wandered to the pen sitting, without its cap on, on top of Naruto's finished assignment. Nodding, the blonde handed over the pen. Once again he mumbled "Arigato." Sasuke didn't acknowledge his presence any longer than he had to. The raven quickly left the classroom without another word to Naruto.

What's his problem? Naruto questioned in his head. It's not like he'd done anything to deserve such a cold treatment.

Just before he reached the door, Iruka called, "Naruto, can I talk to you?" Naruto obliged, taking a firm stance in front of the large cherry wood desk. "Sasuke is new here, as you know. He's had a rough past, so that's why he's not so friendly toward you. However," he looked in Naruto's eyes with a seriousness the blonde had never seen his teacher show before, "I want you to show him around, make him feel welcome. It would mean a lot to me."

"Hai," Naruto nodded curtly before walking into the frenzied hallways.

People crowded the cramped hallways, bumping shoulders as they walked past each other. Chatter, laughter, and lots of curse words drifted through the air of the first passing period of the day. With only five minutes between classes, you would think everyone would go straight to their lockers and dart to their classrooms.

A distinct voice caught his attention. Giggling followed whatever the girl had just said. Naruto made his way across the hall and stood next to Sakura. "Ohayou, Sakura-chan."

Sakura and Ino looked up at Naruto and smiled gently. "G'morning Naruto." She turned back to Ino and squealed excitedly. "As I was saying, isn't the new guy just the hottest thing ever?" Sakura's thin blonde friend giggled and nodded giddily. "Isn't he adorable, Naruto?"

Naruto glared at Sakura. So, he was gay, but the whole world didn't need to know his sexual preferences. Who knows what kind of hell he'd have to endure if everyone found out about his sexual orientation. Regardless of Sakura's downright stupidity, Naruto blushed and nodded slightly. Both girls in front of him burst into uncontrollable fits of laughter. He took that as his cue to get his things for second period, which was chemistry with Kurenai-sensei. Grimacing at the thought of Kurenai and chemistry in the same room, he pulled a fresh notebook and a new pen out of his locker.

Walking into the classroom, he saw only the teacher in the large space. She nodded at him in recognition and gestured for him to take a seat. He walked to the back corner and sat at a table with two empty chairs. Reaching into his bag, he found his book he was reading earlier. Turning the pages, he continued reading the words before class started. As he was off in his fictional book world, students filed into the classroom in groups of two or three until every table was filled, save for the chair next to him.

Golden yellow spikes caught his attention and his eyes got lost in endless seas of blue. Quickly he turned his gaze away from the Adonis in the doorway of the classroom and shoved his hard back book into its proper place inside his bag. The bell rang as he watched the woman standing in front of the blackboard scribble something about the periodic table. Pulling out a few sheets of paper, Sasuke took detailed notes.

Scraping pulled Sasuke out of his note-taking thoughts. Next to him, the boy from first period was sitting in the stool at his table. The blonde dropped his backpack under the table haphazardly and watched the teacher intently.

"For those of you who don't know me, you will call me Kurenai-sensei, got it?" While she was talking, she looked straight at Sasuke.

Great, he thought, I must be the only new student here. Being the only first timer at Konoha High made Sasuke feel uncomfortable, but that was something he was used to. His life had never been normal, and he was stupid for thinking it might turn out semi-normal. Shaking his head, trying to clear past thoughts, he jotted down more notes as Kurenai reviewed the groups of the periodic table.

Never through the lecture did Naruto speak to Sasuke, nor did Sasuke speak to the boy next to him. After a moment of random thought, Sasuke realized he still didn't know his peer's name, not that it really mattered to the raven. The closer he got to the boy, the higher chance he'd hurt yet another person.

Lunch couldn't come fast enough for the two boys. Anything to get them away from teachers and classes full of students was enough for them. Once Sasuke got a look at the cafeteria, though, his stomach twisted into a million knots. There were kids everywhere; in chairs, each others' laps, sitting on the tables, crouching in corners and doing Kami knows what. No way was he eating there. As a last resort, Sasuke carried his packed lunch and wandered the halls. If there was a way to the roof, he'd be the happiest person on earth.

Five minutes into his search, he found a stairwell leading to the roof escape. He took the opportunity to get some peace and quiet. Sweat began to bead on his forehead as he climbed up the countless stairs. Finally, though, he pushed through the door and stepped into the cool fall air. Closing his eyes, he breathed in the distant scent of sakura trees and freshly cut grass.

Naruto heard the door behind him open and immediately panicked. Was he finally caught? He'd been eating lunch on the roof since he started there two years previous as a freshman and no one knew about it. Then he heard a sharp intake of breath. Confused, he whipped his head around and saw that new kid standing there like an idiot with is eyes closed and nose stuck up in the air.

A blush crept to his face as he continued to stare at the raven haired boy, mesmerized. Something about that Sasuke guy made Naruto all tingly and warm on the inside.

Onyx locked with sapphire as Sasuke opened his eyelids upon the realization that he wasn't alone. He gulped audibly before turning to leave. He hadn't taken three steps and he felt something grip his arms in a death grip. The blonde boy from earlier that morning turned him around so they were facing each other. They were so close Sasuke could feel heat radiating from his captor's ridiculously good looking body.

Naruto started leaning his face toward Sasuke's. A shocked look crossed the Uchiha's face. With a hard shove, the blonde was off of his body, thank Kami-sama. Sasuke wiped the invisible dust off his clothing. He could hear the bell ring as he descended the stairwell back to the main building, leaving a shocked blonde frozen on his ass.

His heart was beating a million miles a minute with every step, every breath.

This feeling… What is it?

Sasuke quickly pushed his thoughts aside and focused on the task in front of him; he was to factor a trinomial on a review worksheet. Sighing, he pressed his pencil onto the paper and began scribbling multiple variables and numbers. Still, thoughts of the blonde boy ran through his head.

Damn it! I don't even know his name!
Sign up to rate and review this story