Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Your Love will be the Death of me

Crimson Memories

by IzzyLawliet69 0 reviews

Sasuke relives his past through memories when he agrees to go to a party with Naruto. But he gets a little possessive since Naruto is looking so good. Why do these feelings arise?

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Itachi,Naruto,Sasuke - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-09-03 - Updated: 2010-09-04 - 2031 words

0Unrated
Recap: "…and Kiba's having a party tomorrow night! You have to go with me, Sasuke!" Naruto poked his new found 'friend' in the side and giggled.

Sasuke looked at Naruto blankly. "I don't even know your name."

With those words, Sasuke left Naruto standing in the now empty halls, his mouth gaping open, resembling a fish.

"It's Uzumaki… Naruto," he whispered sadly.
:

That dobe is still clinging to me like static… Sasuke thought grumpily as he trudged down the hallway, his latest 'accessory' hanging off of his arm. Naruto Uzumaki beamed as he made his way to first period with his newest friend, even though the stoic raven refused to talk to him.

"What about that party, eh? It's gonna be huge!" Seeing the look of utter disgust on the Uchiha's face, Naruto added, "I'll be there, and so will Ino and Sakura and Hinata and everyone else here! Even Neji is going!"

Sasuke grimaced. Did that blonde idiot believe telling him that his whole fan club being there would make him want to go? If so, Naruto was worse off then he thought. Still the raven said nothing as he sauntered into the nearly empty classroom. Even though there was still twenty minutes to class, Naruto was ready at his desk. It seemed as though Sasuke had been a good influence on him after all.

Iruka walked to his desk, smiling as he watched Naruto attempt to converse with the new child in his class. But once he saw that Sasuke didn't respond to a word the blonde said, only sat there with his hands folded across his mouth, he sighed and turned away. He began writing down the lesson's key points for the day.

A poke in his side knocked Sasuke out of his English-dream land. He glared at the offending blonde trying to shove a pencil in his side. "What?" he growled—quietly, of course, as to not draw attention to himself. But, even having only known him for two days, there was no doubt Naruto would get every eye in the class on the two in the back.

Instead of opening his big pie hole like Sasuke imagined, Naruto passed a very sloppily folded piece of torn notebook paper. Carefully and quietly opening it, the raven took note of how horrible Naruto's hand writing was. The note looked like a five year old wrote it.

Meet me at the gates of the school at 7. I'm taking you to Kiba's party.

-Naruto

The dobe was bossing him, Sasuke Uchiha, around! This time he didn't ask, but demanded he come to the party. The way the note was written made Sasuke think the blonde was trying to kidnap him as a part of a scheming plan.

Stop it, Uchiha, you're just being paranoid. Sasuke pushed any thoughts of Naruto kidnapping him before glaring fiercely at the expectant blonde next to him. He mouthed a simple, "Dobe," and turned back to the blackboard, where Iruka gave a curious glance in his direction.

Naruto took careful note of Sasuke only saying he was a dobe, not that he wouldn't meet him at the gates. The blonde started bouncing in his seat like a three year old with some ice cream, which made Sasuke roll his pitch black eyes at his childish antics.

Sasuke sauntered at a lazy pace to his household—but really, it was more like a mansion than a house. In his mind, he was saying a mantra. He hoped beyond all hope that Itachi wasn't home when he got here. Itachi was never a bad brother to Sasuke, but that was the problem. After all the pain he'd caused his aniki, the younger Uchiha had expected to get treated like absolute shit. Yet no one treated him any differently than they did before the 'incident.'

He sighed as he twisted the cold metal of the doorknob leading into the entry way of his new home. Clanging of pans yanked away any of his false wishes of hope. A pale face with two scars next to a nearly white nose popped its way out of the kitchen long enough to smile at the pissed teen standing there. Itachi walked back to the kitchen, humming a happy tune.

Once he was in the kitchen, Sasuke took a seat at the oak table, waiting for his afternoon tea and snack Itachi liked to prepare for him, even though he was perfectly capable of making his own food.

"How was your day, Sasuke?" His voice was sugary sweet, a light smile adorning his face. Silk locks were pulled into a red ponytail holder at the nape of his neck. "Have you made any friends yet?" Another sentence, another flinch from Sasuke.

"I'm going to my room." Sasuke gulped the last of his tea and flashed up the stairs. The door creaked open and slammed shut, window panes rattling throughout the whole house. Itachi sighed, but continued making his own snack.

Soft black cotton tickled porcelain skin as Sasuke pulled the thin material over his sculpted chest. A studded belt slid through numerous loops of his way too tight skinny jeans. Laces pulled through holes in his black converse, silver metal pushing through a tiny hole in his lip. Double checking his hair, he added a bit more gel to his spiky hair. Black liquid smeared across the bottom and top of his eyelids in two swift motions, his already dark eyes become smoky with a sense of mystery.

A stained blade taunted Sasuke as he continued to stare at himself in his bathroom mirror. He only kept the memory sitting on his counter top as a reminder of all of his past mistakes: mistakes he never wanted to make again. Scars were still slashed deep in his vampire-pale arms, never to fade away.

Red ran down the drain, leaving pink streaks on the white of the bathtub. Water flowed, erasing any evidence of what happened that night. Sorrow laced with the mixture of crimson and clear liquids, slipping, pouring down the tiny holes of the drain. Cold metal continued to dig deep into that white skin, burning him from the inside. He knew gaining happiness from that torture was wrong, but he preferred feeling pain than the numbness that washed over his body every second of every day.

Awareness of the world around him was slowly fading into blackness. Darkness began to consume his whole being as consciousness slipped away from him. Searing tears in both of his arms scratched at his very being, trying to bring him back to the happy life he once had. But everything changed, all in a matter of one night, one unforgivable mistake.

Regret was rooted in the neurons of his brain. In his sleep, while he walked to school, while he ate, while he thought about any of his old friends; it didn't matter what was happening. He'd always feel that twinge in his heart. To make it worse, he wasn't rejected. Open arms welcomed him back into the real world, willing to forgive and forget about the past.

There were no second chances, and he knew that as he slid down the tiled wall. His eyelids fluttered closed. He knew he would never come back.


Sasuke winced as he remembered that night. The blood pouring down his arms, the pain gripping at his heart, the yells of Itachi trying to keep him awake; they were all fresh in his mind, as if it happened yesterday. In all honesty, it only happened two weeks ago. His near-death experience caused Itachi to flip out. His aniki thought it was the house they were living in that caused Sasuke to do what he did, because 'he couldn't handle the pain of seeing our family's things every day.' It wasn't the physical things—it was knowing what he did, everything that was loaded inside of his brain.

Pushing away all thoughts of those horrible things, he trotted down the stairs. As he glided through the kitchen, Itachi did a once over. Disappointment was swimming in his onyx eyes. That look didn't go unnoticed by the younger Uchiha. He grimaced before grabbing his jacket and stepping through the doorway.

Golds and oranges behind the dark teen caused shadows to stretch across the rigin cement under his feet. Cool wind blew slightly, tree leaves rustling and sakura petals drifting through the afternoon air. Baking rolls' and roasting ducks' aromas wafted in the breeze. Fresh cut grass caused everything to smell natural. Sunlight glared viciously off the golden gates as Sasuke walked closer to his destination.

Already leaning against the brick wall was Naruto Uzumaki, one arm behind his head as he stare at the puffy white clouds floating across the bright blue sky. He looked relaxed, peaceful. Sasuke didn't want to interrupt whatever his train of thought happened to be, so he pushed his back against the rough wall, black eyes stuck on one spot of the sidewalk. Silence overwhelmed the two boys so much that Naruto had to break the lack of sound.

Grinning brightly at the Uchiha, Naruto nearly squealed in joy. "You decided to show up!" He was bouncing in a circle around Sasuke, still beaming. Suddenly his toothy smile turned into a deep frown, eyes kitting together. "What's with the get up?"

Sasuke consciously glanced down at himself, trying to find what was wrong with his outfit of choice. After finding nothing wrong with what he was wearing, he stare blankly at Naruto.

"You're in all black. You should wear more colors, like me!" He gestured to his bright orange jacket and far too tight black tank top that clung to every curve of his torso. His black pants weren't even solid black. Annoying orange was stitched in a zig-zag pattern up the sides of his legs. A white and black checkered belt was wrapped and buckled around his hips, but his jeans still sagged a little. The whole thing hugged his toned body in all the right places, causing Sasuke to stare unwillingly. As black eyes roamed what he was in, Naruto took the opportunity to smirk. Phase one of the-most-epic-plan-I've-ever-thought-of, check. "Are we going to go any time soon, or are you going to stare at me like I'm a piece of meat all night?"

A light pink sprinkled across Sasuke's face. The dobe made him blush. Sasuke Uchiha never blushes. Deep in his mind, he knew Naruto would pay for that kind of torture later. "Tch, whatever, dobe." He turned away from the blonde and began walking away.

Naruto giggled a bit. I've been hanging out with Sakura and Ino way too much lately. "Kiba's house is the other way, teme!" He was full out laughing now. Hands clutched at his stomach as he doubled over from too much laughter. Tears sprung from the corners of his eyes, but he quickly wiped them away. "…And you call me the idiot!" After five minutes of humiliating and laughing at Sasuke, Naruto still felt the need to rub a little mistake in his face. "Alright, teme, let's go." Naruto began walking the opposite direction of Sasuke, his ass swaying from side to side.

Sasuke was caught in a trace. The blonde looked a little too good, especially since they were going somewhere with people, lots of other people Sasuke didn't even know. He wanted Naruto all to himself—who wouldn't? He looked so damn good in those tight jeans, and that smile and just everything.

Get a grip, Uchiha! Nothing will ever happen, nothing will ever happen, this is just to shut the dobe up… But even with the constant reminder of Naruto never being attainable, Sasuke couldn't help but allow a few naughty thoughts to overtake his mind, wet daydreams flashing before his very eyes.

"Sasuke!" A yell grabbed Sasuke's attention. "Are you alright? You're all red."

Black eyes met blue. The urge to kiss the confused blonde was almost too much. He was looking so innocent, so much like a child. He looked too perfect to be true. Sasuke leaned in, his lips ready to claim Naruto's as his own.

"Sasuke?"
Sign up to rate and review this story