Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Deaf Heaven

The Waves Make Towards the Pebbled Shore

by chem_x 1 review

I blushed madly and sat back into my seat, she looked nervous and unsure; I felt butterflies within me, dashing around my guts.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2010-09-11 - Updated: 2010-09-11 - 1381 words - Complete

1Moving
Knock… Knock
Flowers in my hand and a new little Shakespeare booklet tucked under my arm, I waited awkwardly outside the hotel room as two squealing girls looked me up and down, “Is that Jared Leto…?” I could hear one of them.
I stared at the door handle, hoping that I wouldn’t be attacked by them, on tour I was once tied to a chair because of a couple of teenagers… Terrifying.
“Hello?” A voice whispered as the door slid open.
“Violet?”
She slammed it open and pulled me into a quick hug, “Why are you here?” She cried.
“What happened?” I demanded, examining the room suspiciously.
“Laurie called over.” She breathed.
I glanced into her eyes, under them was puffy, and pink; any eyeliner she had been wearing was now half-way down her face.
“What did she do?” I hissed; looking out the window, throwing the blue flowers I had bought onto the vanity table.
“She left a video of you and her…” She sobbed, craning over and holding back tears, her hair hung gently down, blocking her eyes from view.
“I thought it was you…” I said, hanging my head down, my hair dropping into my eyes.
“No,” She cried, “This was from before the crash.” She bawled; I could see tears dropping onto the light green sweater she was wearing.
I suddenly felt hot all over, nervous, I didn’t know why. “That’s impossible.” I demanded.
Without much movement she reached for the small remote that sat on the bed near her thigh and clicked a button on it, instantly sounds of moaning could be heard, violent ones. I didn’t want to look at it, how could I do something like that to Violet?! Is this what Laurie meant when she joked about not being good enough?
I felt sick, dropping to the floor on my knees, watching the twisted movements on the screen; I felt like a monster- an animal.
“Violet, I didn’t know I-”
“- I didn’t know either.” She coughed sadly; I could see her wiping her face from the corner of my eye.
“I’m sorry.”
She shook her head; I kept my eyes on the video. It was like watching a horror film, you didn’t want to see it, but you had to watch.
“Can we just start over?” I said; my voice was shaky and weak.
“I don’t think it would make a difference if it did.”
“Violet, were we going to get married?”
“We were.”
“I love you.”
I turned and looked at her, the moaning behind me probably ruined the sentiment of the statement, but I meant it.
She smiled sadly at me, sniffing, and choking in tears, “But you don’t even know me.”
“Let me know you, I want you to love me back.”
She looked at the floor, “I’ve always loved you.” She whispered, gazing at the floor. Her eyes were like stones shining in the sun. I was being eaten alive by emotions, from the inside out. My chest hurt, I couldn’t breathe. She loved me.
“Can I take you to dinner?” I asked calmly, hitting the off button on the television.
“No.”
“Please?”
“No.”
“Please?”
“I said no.”
“Well I said please.”
“Stop it.”
“Please……?”
“Fine.”

I sat drumming my fingers against the white cloth of the hotel table, mild music played via violins in the corner of the room and candles light the area. There were no families there, just couples and small groups of friends. The manager almost didn’t let me in; he said I was breaking dress code- until the two girls from before finally worked up courage to ask for autographs.
I was dressed in scraggy jeans and a loose white top. I looked like I had been attacked by the 70’s and survived barely.
Eventually a glass of white sat in front of me, I had a feeling that I had been stood up from a girl that was two floors above me, and it put me in a mood.
“Hello?” Violet quizzed.
“Oh! Hi!” I realised that I was daydreaming and leapt to pull out her chair, getting there late and she was already sitting down.
“What were you thinking of?” She asked casually, straightening her knife and fork on the table.
I blushed and just kept looking at her, Wow! She wore a soft purple strapless dress, it curved around her body easily, “Em, Jared?”
“Oh! Just things.” I cringed, had I just been staring at her? It seemed likely.
She laughed a little and turned a light pink, I admired the curve of her shoulders, little pink designs all over her skin, “How are you healing up?” I enquired.
She nodded and put her hands down on her lap, “It doesn’t hurt anymore at least.” She sighed.
“That’s great!” I sang, smiling idiotically at her.
“I guess.” She urged a smile on her face. “I don’t like being covered in the scars though.”
“Why does it matter?”
“I just feel-” I watched her think for a brief moment; my heart skipped a beat as she looked at the floor, “Uncomfortable.” She gestured down her body; I followed her hands and shrugged at her.
“You still look beautiful.”
She twitched, I didn’t know why but she had gone bright red, my heart strings felt like a child was swinging on them and pushing them around. “Th- thanks.” She blushed.
“No need to thank me.” I grinned.
“Your orders Sir…” A waiter strolled up and asked; I saw him looking at Violet. I felt warm and angry instantly.
“I’ll have a sweet and sour chicken without the onions please.” Violet smiled.
“I’ll have the same.” I grunted.
“But Jared? You hate sweet and sour.” Violet told me.
“Oh? Em, okay I’ll have the steak, medium rare.” I asked.
He skipped away, glancing at my Violet as he left, maybe he was looking at her scars or just checking her out- either way I was angry.
“I don’t like it?” I blinked.
She smiled at me, “You can try some of mine, and if you like it I’ll switch with you.”

“Ew!” I groaned, spitting out the horrible fruity taste of Violet’s order.
“Told you so.” She laughed.
I stuck my tongue out at her and gurgled some of my wine to wash down the taste. “Thanks for telling me.” I winked.
She smiled deviously, “No problem mon ami.”
My hands started sweating at that look, she continued eating, but I was distracted. I wanted her more.
“What’s the steak like?” She smiled.
“Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore”
She grinned at me and put down her fork and knife. She reached over across the table, I moved closer towards the table. She reached her for wine glass. I blushed madly and sat back into my seat, she looked nervous and unsure; I felt butterflies within me, dashing around my guts.

“I really enjoyed tonight.” Violet said; we both stood outside the open door to her hotel room. There was no one else in the hallway. I could pick her up and runaway with her and no one would notices.
“I did too, we should do it again.” I gulped, trying to rephrase how I could have said that in my mind.
“That would be nice.” She smiled politely.
“Goodbye?”
“Goodnight.” She said almost sadly.
I leaned in towards her and pecked her lightly, her lips were like silk across my skin; I had Goosebumps along my back before she pulled away. I saw her licking her lips, looking at mine, “Goodnight.” She repeated, walking through the doorway.
A light click and I was on my own, dazed and wanting. I felt sweaty and uncomfortable in my own skin. I pushed my hand out to knock on her door again.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_



My story Closer to the Edge has just gotten over 160 views! Thank you to everyone who has read and to those who reviewed and rated!! Much love! Hope you enjoy this chapter!
Please please please keep reviewing and rating :)
Sign up to rate and review this story