Categories > Books > Harry Potter

Shadow Boy

by suzie63 6 reviews

Harry Potter could never be called normal. Not when he was abandoned by his parents when his twin brother was hailed the boy who lived, and definitely not when he returned fourteen years with three...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-09-18 - Updated: 2010-09-18 - 1617 words

0Cliche
Disclaimer: The characters of Harry Potter are owned by J.K. Rowling, I lay no claim on her characters, and I only lay claim to the original characters in this story. And a special thanks to Veronica for letting bend her ear and for giving me the big push to post this. A note to readers I already have most of the story posted and will be doing updates once a week. I got a new beta that has taken pity on my story and decided to help redo it. So many thanks to Machele.

Thanks and please review

During the late 1970's and the early 1980's a man who called himself lord Voldemort started recruiting followers and began to make a name for himself. No, he wasn't a political man, nor did he do good things. It was quiet the opposite; he was a mad man who was driven for power. One night one of his followers had reported that a prophecy had been made. His servant had only heard some of it, but what he had heard had Voldemort worried none the less.

"Born to those who have thrice defied him… born as the seventh month dies a boy will rise to great power… marked as dark one's equal he will rise with three as the chosen four… they will have the power the Dark Lord knows not… for one must die at the hand of the other…for neither can live while the other survives…the chosen four will face a great hardship….and the outcome is what will decide the fate of all magic…born to those who have thrice defied him…

Fortunately Voldemort's servant had only heard the first three lines of the prophecy. The only one to have ever heard the whole thing was Albus Dumbledore. He only knew of three boys who could have fit that description. Neville Longbottom, and the Potter twins, Harry and Adam Potter were paternal twins adored by there parents. But which twin was it? Albus' first guess was that it would be the oldest twin, Harry. But everything would change on one fateful Halloween night.

While Lily and James Potter were at Hogwarts in a meeting with Dumbledore, Harry and Adam were being minded by their aunt Petunia. Now, while most people would have thought that Lily Potter and Petunia Dursley hated each other, all of that changed when Petunia contacted her sister before the twins were born. She and her two month old son, Dudley, had left their home in the town of Little Whinging when Vernon had lost his job and taking it out on his wife and young son. He would come home each night in a drunken rage, and beat poor Petunia. Finally having enough, she had packed what she and her son had needed and fled to her sister, who after hearing what happened, welcomed her sister and young nephew with open arms.

And on that night Tom Riddle, also known as Lord Voldemort, raided the Potter's home in search of the two boys. He killed Petunia and Dudley; they became just another statistic in Voldemort's reign. When Tom found the nursery where the two Potter boys slept, he raised his wand, intending to kill them both, because he too did not know which Potter boy could mean his down fall. But that is when Voldemort made his first mistake in dealing with the two. Though not seeing which of the boys did it, the killing curse that he cast deflected of the boys and back to him. It was Harry who, when seeing the curse coming, protected his younger brother and in the end saved both of their lives.

When Lily and James returned, not moments after the attack, seeing that seeing that Petunia and Dudley were dead, they feared for the lives of their sons. When they reached the nursery which lay in shambles, they cried out with joy. Their son's were alive!

Both boys were crying heavily, with scars on their heads, Harry with his lightning shaped scar and Adam with a "Z" shaped scar. Lily and James cradled their sons, soothing them while they tried to make sense of what had happened.

"Peter betrayed us," James whispered holding Adam close. "How else could "You Know Who" know where we were?"

"What are we going to do James?"

"I don't know Lily," James said.

"If Adam used his magic to save Harry-"

"Adam saved Harry? How can you be sure? I mean Harry is older…"

"Look at Adam's head, a "Z" shaped scar, it could only mean that he was the one."

"But how," Lily said putting Harry down and taking Adam from James.

"Lily, the "Z" sign is a very old symbol used in the magical world, used sometimes to represent great power. Adam must have used his magic to save his brother," James said. "It was Adam's love for his brother that saved Harry; such a love is so powerful and rare that it saved them both. But I'm sure Adam would have given his life for Harry."

"Oh my baby," Lily sobbed holding Adam closer. "But what about Harry, James, what should we do about Harry?"

"I don't know. If Adam was the one that banished-"

"Banished?" Lily gasped, "You-you mean he didn't kill him?"

"Yes, I don't think Adam killed the Dark Lord, but what I do know that Adam will need to be trained."

"Trained?" Lily gasped.

"Yes," James said solemnly. "And it wouldn't be fair for Adam seeing his brother living a normal life while he must be trained for a war."

"What can we do James?" asked Lily tearfully.

"We must give Harry up. It is for the best," James said putting Adam down to embrace his wife. "We must give Harry up. It is the only way to give Adam a semi normal life."

"If you think it is best James," Lily said picking up Adam again, "Then that is what we shall do."

They took one last look at the fifteen month old, tear stained face of their oldest son, while James made the arrangements. And while all over the magical world people were celebrating the life of Adam Potter, the real boy who lived was quietly taken out of the country.

Elsewhere, an old haggard woman limped to the door of the orphanage that she worked at, muttering obscenities as she did. It was almost three in the morning and she was in no mood to be dealing with any late night, or early morning, visitors.

Two Aurors stood at the door, one carrying a small bag and the other holding a small baby. Sighing, the old woman allowed them entrance into a small sitting room.

"We're sorry to bother you Mrs. Hainsworth, but there was a death-eater attack and-" but the stuttering Auror was cut off by a wave from the old woman's hand.

"There is always a death eater attack! It's nothing new to me sonny!" she said slurping her tea loudly. The two Aurors shifted in their seats uncomfortably and continued. "When we were surveying Manchester for damaged and destroyed homes, we came across the Riley homes and found it in shambles. This little tyke," he said motioning to the sleeping child in his arms. "Was found hidden in the linen closet, his parents," he said dropping his voice. "Were found dead in the kitchen killed by the Avada Kedavra curse. The boy, a pure blood, has no living relatives, so here we are." The Auror said handing over the boy and a small bag. "The Ministry has started collecting what they could salvage from the house and putting it in a trust fund for the boy when he comes of age."

The three spent the next hour or so filling out the paperwork for the boy, and after the two Auror's left, Mrs. Hainsworth looked at the three month old baby in her arms and sighed again. "Well then Mr. Jacob Riley, what are we going to do with you?"

And now, fifteen years later, along with his three brothers, Harry Potter Conway, the real boy who lived, along with his three adopted brothers return to the Magical world.

Three weeks before the start of term

Albus Dumbledore was a very wise and powerful man. And on that night, fourteen years ago, when James and Lily explained to them what had happened, Dumbledore was concerned, but in the end, even though he didn't get a chance to examine both boys for traces of Voldemort's magic, he was certain that the Potter's knew their son's better then he did. But now fifteen years later at the start of the new term, Dumbledore grew pensive as he re-read the acceptance letters on his desk. Albus knew that Harry Potter was given away shortly after his brother defeated Tom Riddle, but he never dreamed that Harry would be adopted by such a strong a powerful family.

Simon Conway, the son of Matthew Conway was said to be the most powerful wizard in all of Great Britain. Matthew never sent his son to Hogwarts, though Dumbledore had pleaded with the man.

"I am on to you old man," Matthew had growled. "I know if you get a hold of my son, you'll try to manipulate him the same way you tried to manipulate me. I will not let that happen. Not now, not ever.

Albus sighed, if Simon Conway had gotten a hold of not just Harry Potter, but Draco Malfoy, Neville Longbottom, and another pureblood war orphaned child Jacob Riley, all legally adopted. Albus knew that this year was going to be an interesting one.

TBC
Sign up to rate and review this story