Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > X-Men 3

Twenty Years Ago

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-08-12 - Updated: 2010-09-21 - 719 words - Complete

-1Boring
CHARLES XAVIER VOICE OVER:
Since the dawn of existance, there have always been moments when the course of history shifted. Such a moment is upon us now. The conflict between the better and worse angels of our very nature, who’s outcome will change our world so greatly, there will be no going back. I do not know if victory is possible. I only know that great sacrifice will be required, and because the fate of many will depend on a few, we must make the last stand.

INT. ANNANDALE-ON-HUDSON-DAY

A ROLLS ROYCE approaches the GREY household. It pulls up outside, and out step CHARLES XAVIER and ERIK LEHNSHERR, younger, more vibrant…and still closest of friends.

ERIK:
I still don't know why I'm here.

Xavier smiles as the two of them walk up to the house.

ERIK: (Con't)
Couldn't you just make them say yes?

XAVIER:
Of all people, I would expect you to understand my feelings about the misuse of power.

ERIK:
Ah, yes. Power corrupts, and all that. When will you stop lecturing me?

XAVIER:
When you start listening, perhaps?

They both chuckle as they walk up towards the door.

XAVIER: (Con't)
You're here because I need you.

ERIK:
We're not going to have to meet everyone of them in person, are we?

XAVIER:
No. This one's special.

INT. LIVING ROOM

ELAINE and JOHN GREY welcome them.

ELAINE:
Please have a sit.

Xavier and Erik sit on the sofa and Elaine and John sit on the couch across from them.

JOHN:
You think you can help her?

XAVIER:
We need to know when it all started. But, before anything, be careful with your words. She’s listening to everything.

Canvas on the wall rumbles, a flower vase falls from a piece of furniture the ground, shattering. Elaine jumps and becomes more nervous.

ELAINE:
You see? It’s like that all the time. And to know that I can’t help her is frustrating...

XAVIER:
Usually, these events are triggered by extreme stress.

Erik, in his ever imposing, prideful and softly sarcastic way towards humans;

ERIK:
Has she received any kind of...mistreatment?

John notices the way he speaks, and is not flattered.

JOHN:
No. Jean is the most precious thing we have in our lives.

ERIK:
Thing?

XAVIER:
Erik.

ELAINE
Wait...John, it all started when...when her best friend died.

Now looking at Erik and Xavier;

ELAINE: (CONT’D)
A car accident. She saw everything.

XAVIER:
How is she, right now?

ELAINE:
She knows something’s wrong, that something's different about her.

JOHN:
Jean is a good girl...she has never given us trouble until...this.

XAVIER:
May we speak to her?

John and Elaine exchange worried glances.

JOHN:
All right.

He goes to call over his shoulder, but JEAN, a young teenage girl already walks into the room. John gets up and gently leads her to the couch.

JOHN:
Jean, this is Mr. Xavier and Mr. Lehnsherr. They would like to speak with you for a minute.

Jean takes a seat in between her parents and in that instant, both John and Elaine freeze, becoming living statues. Xavier looks at Jean and smiles.

XAVIER:
Hello Jean.

Jean doesn't answer.

XAVIER: (Telepathically)
It's very rude you know, to read my thoughts or your parent's without our permission.

Jean's brows furrow.

JEAN:
You were in my head.

XAVIER: (Out Loud)
Just as you were in mine.

ERIK:
Did you think you were in the only one of your kind, young lady?

JEAN:
What kind?

XAVIER:
We're mutants, Jean. We're like you.

JEAN:
Really? I doubt that.

Outside, all of the cars on the street begin to levitate high into the air. MR. LEE watches in awe as his hose begins to snake up, the water pouring up into the air, and MR. CLAREMONT chases after his lawnmower, which has taken on a life of its own.

Charles and Erik look through the window at the phenomenon.

ERIK:
Oh, Charles, I like this one.

XAVIER:
Jean, you have more power than you can imagine.

Jean shows no sign of strain, or even of listening to him.

XAVIER: (cont’d)
The question is, will you control that power…

Jean suddenly loses control, and the cars come crashing down.

XAVIER: (cont’d)
…or will you let it control you?
Sign up to rate and review this story