Categories > Anime/Manga > Gundam SEED > On the Longing for War and War's Ending

0542

by Abbykat 0 reviews

There are worse ways to start a morning.

Category: Gundam SEED - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance, Sci-fi - Characters: Other - Published: 2006-05-05 - Updated: 2006-05-05 - 407 words

0Unrated
Title: 0542
Genre: Fluff
Wordcount: 392
Timeline: Between GS phase 41 and 48
Summary: There are worse ways to start a morning.

--

Mornings came dark and early on a warship. Murrue had gotten used to waking without sunlight in the darkness of her quarters, but that didn't make it any easier to reach out of the comfortable tangle of covers and warmth and fumble blindly for her clock, to squint at the digital glow of its display. Particularly not with Mwu's solid warmth at her back and his arm curled snugly around her waist.

When she released the clock and let her head sink back down against the pillow, he stirred, nuzzling a little closer. "...time is it?" he wondered muzzily, low voice thick with sleep and mumbled into her hair.

"Oh-five-forty-two," she whispered back.

"Hn," he said, and didn't stir again.

She let a few seconds tick by in stillness, but it seemed that Mwu had no intentions of getting up. "I have to be on duty in less than an hour and a half."

No response. Just the steady rhythm of his breathing.

Murrue sighed, smiling in spite of herself, and began carefully easing her way free of his embrace and the sheets that covered them both. She'd just set her feet on the floor and was about to stand when a weight pulling at the back of her loose tank top stopped her short.

She peered back over her shoulder at Mwu, lying contentedly on his side with his face half buried in the pillow, looking for all the world as though he were fast asleep save for the hand he'd stretched out to catch hold of the hem of her shirt.

"Stand down, Commander," she said, a trace of laughter edging the exasperation in her voice.

He opened one blue eye and smiled boyishly up at her. "Sorry, Captain--" an unexpected tug at the back of her shirt brought her toppling backwards onto the bunk "--but that's an order I can't follow."

Pinned to the mattress with him leaning over her, tousled and grinning, she had to wonder, "Does this constitute mutiny?"

That gave him pause, but not for very long. He glanced briefly down between them, and met her eyes again with a mostly straight face. "I don't think either of us is in uniform."

There were, she reflected as she reached up to wind her arms around his neck, worse ways to start a morning.
Sign up to rate and review this story