Categories > Anime/Manga > Weiss Kreuz > Days of the Black Scream

fossick

by Sybil_Rowan 0 reviews

Hell mulls over Schwarz's weaknesses.

Category: Weiss Kreuz - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Schreient,Schwarz - Published: 2010-10-05 - Updated: 2010-10-05 - 494 words

0Unrated
Title: Days of the Black Scream
Author: Sybil Rowan
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Hell mulls over Schwarz's weaknesses.
Author’s Notes: None.
Disclaimer: Weiss Kreuz, its names and characters belong to Koyasu Takehito, Project Weiss, Marine Entertainment and Animate Film.
Beta Reader: My awesome husband WingedPanther73!
Word Count = 453
October 5, 2010 (8:15am)

fossick \FOS-ik\, verb:
1.To search for any object by which to make gain.
2. Mining. To undermine another's digging; search for waste gold in relinquished workings, washing places, etc.
3. To hunt; seek; ferret out.

“Your job is to undermine Schwarz so my father will get rid of them,” Masafumi gently ordered Hell before he turned and left down the elevator. Hell grunted the minute the man was out of earshot. She leaned on the conference table and looked around at the room's rich artwork. It wasn't that she wasn't willing to do as Masafumi asked, but so far she felt outmatched by Crawford.

Still, Schreient weren't women to give up too easily. She just had to figure out one weakness and exploit it. She rested her finger on her chin as she went down the list of freaks in Schwarz. She smiled to herself. That one word was something that flew all over Crawford quicker than any other insult she could hurl, but he was always able to reign in and compose himself.

Schuldig like to play games too much, and, well, Farfarello was too unstable to manipulate easily. Nagi seemed to be a kind boy, but he was very wary, except when it came to Tot. That might be a way in, but the other three Schwarz always seemed to show up and dampen any possible romance between the two.

She pounded her fist on the table in frustration, but then it struck her. What did Schwarz need? They needed to let old Takatori's criminal ventures grow so they could profit, themselves. And what was preventing them? Simple.

~*~

“This truce is temporary,” Hell said to the young blond boy who had agreed to meet her in the park. He wore a school uniform; it would have made her scoff if she didn't know any better. She was dressed in an expensive business suit and looked very out of place in their setting.

They sat on a park bench at dusk, as per their agreement. There were just enough people still there to make each leader comfortable the other wouldn't try anything. However, there weren't enough people to take an interest in their business.

His wide, sky-blue eyes narrowed in mistrust. “I'm not authorized to make treaties.”

Hell took off her sunglasses and said, “Look, if we don't team-up, Schwarz will crush us first. Then your team will be next. If we work together, just this once, and set a trap, they can't stop us. Eight against four.”

He still looked unconvinced, but she could tell he was mulling it over. “I'll check with the rest of Weiss and give you my answer tomorrow morning.”

End.
Sign up to rate and review this story