Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > 30 Caresses

Caresss1: Getaway

by kirayasha 3 reviews

Live Journal Caresses instead of kisses featuring Sesshomaru & an older Rin. In this series I'm going to try & write one fic instead of a series of them. Each new chapter will be a caress. Rated R ...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Rin, Sesshoumaru - Published: 2006-04-08 - Updated: 2006-04-09 - 3308 words

0Unrated
Getaway (caress #1)

By kira

For Saffykins...


Author's notes: This is the first in a series of thirty plus caresses done for Live Journal's 30 caresses community featuring Sesshomaru and an older Rin...

Mega-thanks go out to Ithilwen for all her help in betaing this and Kaze-chan too!



"Let's have a getaway," Rin murmured softly into Sesshomaru's chest. They were lying on the soft grassy bank of the river were they had been bathing; drying off in the sun.

"Hunh?" Sesshomaru said softly, quirking an eyebrow at her. "Getaway? What is this 'getaway'?" Sesshomaru said, a puzzled frown creasing his brow.

The sound of his voice, rumbling deep within his chest, made her giggle. "Kagome-chan said a 'getaway' is an escape or a brief holiday. Since we have no need to escape anyone, perhaps we can think of it as a holiday..." she trailed off softly. Rin had been hoping he would pillow with her again as she enjoyed the physical closeness but he seemed disinterested, much to her disappointment. The longer they were together as lovers, the more she wondered if he really did love her, or if she were just a passing fancy for him, something that merely satisfied some deep inner curiosity of his at the moment and nothing more. Just when she would convince herself that he did not care for her, he would do something that showed that he did, such as surprising her when he acquiesced so easily to her occasional suggestions. And after quietly listening to Kagome-chan and Sango-san talk about "getaways," romantic and otherwise, Rin decided she would try to entice her beloved Sesshomaru on such an adventure. So she hid her disappointment about not pillowing, and excited about his interest in the idea of a getaway if nothing else, Rin did her best to explain things to him while he patiently listened. "You know, a holiday is when you get to do something you don't normally do because you're too busy doing all the things you normally do..." she trailed off helplessly. Sighing, she tried to clarify things for him, "It made more sense when Kagome-chan explained it, but I think a holiday is like when she and your brother take their family to visit her village. She says she can relax there because her mother helps her look after their children." Rin rambled on, trying her hardest to explain what was to the both of them an alien concept, but one that was nonetheless appealing.

Sesshomaru gently caressed the small of her back while he thought it over. "Hai. This Sesshomaru thinks that is an excellent idea." He smiled as she shifted around to look up at him.

Rin was stunned that he would agree so readily to it for she was beginning to think he really did not understand anything she said. "You really think so?" she asked. "Sugoi!!" Rin said happily when he nodded. She sat up and looked around for her discarded kimono and habaki leggings. "Come, we'd better dress before someone spots us. Besides, I'm hungry," she said impishly, hoping he would catch her meaning, and figuring that if they moved somewhere else he would be more interested in pillowing.

"Woman, you are always hungry," he deadpanned, giving her the tiniest of smiles to show that he was teasing.


She smiled at him, and standing up, she spotted her clothes. She quickly donned her habaki before picking up her kimono and shrugging into it. She then picked up her simple obi and tied it, before wrapping her apron around her waist, followed by her bundle of possessions which she settled in the small of her back. It amused Sesshomaru to no end that she preferred peasant wear to finest silken kimono, although he did agree that it was more practical for a life spent wandering. However, they did reach a compromise of sorts, she would wear all the beautiful silken kimono he gave her, but only when they visited his brother and his family. Not that Sesshomaru cared, for such visits had unexpected benefits, as he had found that if he treated Rin like a highborn lady, the former miko who was now his brother's mate, insisted the poor hanyou do the same to her. Plus Kagome was usually so happy to see Rin, that she would pamper him. It was almost as if that were her way of thanking him for bringing the girl she called her little sister over for a visit. Besides, Sesshomaru was never one to turn down such treatment, especially when it irked the hell out of his brother.

After taking a few minutes to admire his naked form, Rin gathered his clothes and Sesshomaru reluctantly let her help him dress. He sensed her desire and shared it, although he carefully restrained himself from giving into it. They were, unfortunately, close to a human village and it would be disastrous for them to be discovered engaging in so intimate a behavior. Besides, the thought of being discovered left Sesshomaru distracted and unable to fully enjoy himself, and it had led to their earlier hurried coupling. He knew she was disappointed about not trying again, but he felt it was for the best. Sighing, he gently ran the back of his fingers across her check in a gentle caress, the promise of fulfilling her desire clearly seen in his eyes.

Rin turned her face slightly, savoring the taste of his fingers as they brushed against her lips. She felt as though she could stand there all day, letting his fingertips glide gently over her face, in his simple display of affection. Never before had he touched her so tenderly, not even when they pillowed and in those moments she felt as though he really did love her. When he reached out again and brushed the hair out of her eyes, she was sure of it, especially when he leaned forward and kissed her briefly on the mouth. Before he could move away from her she threw her arms around him, and pulling him close she kissed deeply only to pull away when he stood there unresponsive. "Sesshomaru-sama...?"

"Gomen, Rin, this Sesshomaru has no desire to start something we cannot finish." He brushed his fingertips lightly against her cheek again in apology. The angry hurt look in her eyes made him pause. "Rin...?"

She glared at him in silence, her eyes welling up with unshed tears. Rin did not trust herself to speak, so she continued to stare at him as the tears started spilling down her cheeks.

"Rin?" he said softly, reaching out to catch a tear. "What's wrong? Are you ill?"

"I thought you loved me!" she blurted out, sounding just as upset as she looked; her words completely taking him aback. He stood there, a confused look on his face, his mouth opening and closing as he tried to find the words to soothe her anger but could not.

"I think I need a 'getaway' from you!" Rin cried as she pushed past him.

Sesshomaru watched her storm away towards the human village before he woke up and went after her, his confusion over her outburst cooling his anger. He could have easily overtaken her, but he allowed her to take the lead, as he could see the farther ahead she got the more her anger dissipated.

Rin hurried on until she reached a point where her anger faded and a cold icy dread settled over her heart. She could not for the life of her understand why he was not standing there in front of her, giving her one of his icy stares as she apologized to him.

Sesshomaru, meanwhile, followed her slowly as he needed time to think over what she had said. Her accusations of him not loving her sounded eerily like the many arguments he remembered his parents having, and Sesshomaru was at a loss for why, as there was no other woman in his life and Rin knew that. Confused, he wondered if he should do as his father often did, and simply apologize, but then Sesshomaru wasn't really one for saying he was sorry, which only led to more muddled thoughts until he heard a sharp wounded cry. Pulled from his reverie, Sesshomaru saw her fall to the ground as he rushed towards her. He was by her side in an instant, gently caressing her back as she cried herself out.

Minutes later, she sat up, and wiping her eyes, Rin tearfully murmured an apology, but what really surprised her, was when Sesshomaru apologized as well. She looked up at him and he cupped her cheek, leaning forward until his forehead rested on hers.

"This Sesshomaru forgives your outburst and... humbly asks that you forgive him his ignorance as to what upset you..." he trailed off softly and she replied just as softly, "Hai."

"Good, now come. We have a getaway to find...or go on or whatever it is you do with one," he said as he heaved a long suffering sigh, which made her laugh.

"Hai," she repeated softly and he surprised her again by kissing her before he broke it and stood up. Extending his hand, Sesshomaru helped her up as well. "Come," he said simply, heading towards the human village, fully expecting her to follow.
Rin soon fell into step beside him and in perfect imitation of the child she had once been, chatted away about nothing in particular, not that he cared, for he was just as happy to ignore the past few minutes as she was. As they walked along, in search of their getaway, he asked to explain the concept again and this time he gave her his full attention.

They hiked quickly up the grassy hill that led from the riverbank and onto the main road, and as they walked along, they soon reached the outskirts of the human settlement. This time they avoided it completely, for it was small, and besides, they had no reason to enter it. Instead, they ambled past it as they continued their wandering of the western lands.

"So do you think this 'getaway' is a good idea?" Rin asked.

"Hai...if nothing else is it a good way to pass the time, ne?"

"Hai... why do say that?"

"We've walked farther today than this Sesshomaru has known you to walk before, that's why," he teased.

"We have not!"

"If you say so," he teased as she made a little sound of irritation. They walked on, this time looking for a place to spend the night, quietly enjoying each other's company. Rin munched on some onigiri, eating her fill and saving the rest for tomorrow's breakfast.

Before long they found it; the perfect place to spend the night. Rin spotted it first. "Look, Sesshomaru-sama, there's a hut over there! Do you think anyone's inside?"

"Hunh?" Sesshomaru said as he shook himself out of his reverie. Following her outstretched arm with his eyes, Sesshomaru spotted the little hut. It was well made, and did not appear to be abandoned at all as he had hoped. He walked towards it anyway, wondering if he might be able to convince its in habitants to allow Rin some shelter for the night. He got as far as the steps leading up to its door when he was stopped by the faint tingling of a barrier. /Odd.../he thought as he extended his hand towards it.

Rin, meanwhile, had been examining the outside of the hut when she spotted a small shrine off to the side, looking inside; she saw the statue of the Jizo. It brought to mind something that Miroku had once told her, that if she were ever in trouble she should look for one of his shrines as he was the protector of travelers, children, and pregnant women. Eyes widening, she looked over in time to see her beloved touching something that might be a barrier. Rin remembered all too well the difficulties Sesshomaru had had and ignored when they encountered the barrier at Mount Hakurei. "IIE!" she cried, her sharp tone giving him pause. "Don't move; there's a barrier! It's a shrine! If you touch it you could get purified!"

Sesshomaru quirked an eyebrow at her and his expression softened at her concern. "This Sesshomaru knows that. This Sesshomaru was merely testing the strength of the barrier. Besides, how do you know so much about it?"

"Ummm...." She started as she came over to him. "Miroku-sama explained it to me..." she trailed off softly, not liking the look on his face. "He didn't touch me, I swear it! I know Sango-chan complains about his ways, but he was only trying to be helpful..."

Sesshomaru stared at her, partially mollified and wondering when he became this possessive of her. He had always looked after her, at first because she was a pup and needed that sort care, each time she came into trouble, it strengthened that bond. But now he felt something a kin to anger at the thought of another male having anything to do with her. And when he thought about it, Sesshomaru realized that even Inuyasha barely glanced at Rin, keeping his distance, growling when Kagome fussed over him, but understanding it was nothing more than Sesshomaru's need to tease him. It was as if they respected each other's mates and the boundaries that came with it. Sesshomaru continued to stare at Rin, heedless of her ramblings as his mind focused in on a disturbing thought. Mates... As far as Sesshomaru was concerned, Rin was his companion, his friend, his lover, but she was most certainly not his mate, as that was one woman and one woman only. Growling softly to himself, he nodded curtly at her. "Come, let's leave this place." He spun neatly on his heel and headed off, leaving a momentarily puzzled Rin in his wake.

She hurried after him, letting him be alone with his thoughts, as she wondered what she had done to anger him. They walked on at a brisk pace through the forest undergrowth until he abruptly stopped in a small clearing.

"Sesshomaru-sama...?" Rin said timidly as he turned to face her. Seconds later he had pulled her into his embrace, kissing her deeply as he instinctually reasserted his claim. Rin, misinterpreting his passion, let him have his way with her and he took her roughly over and over again until she begged him to stop. "Sesshomaru-sama...? Why...?" she asked through her tears.

"This Sesshomaru doesn't know..." he said softly. "Gomen nasai, forgive this Sesshomaru..."

"Hai...it's alright." She caressed his cheek, and running her fingers down across his lips, prompting him to gently kiss them. "Why don't we go to sleep and then in the morning we can start our getaway, ne?"

"Hai..."

"Sesshomaru-sama...this Rin forgives you...and hopes you forgive this Rin for being so stupid this afternoon. You do love me...and I know that you do..." she trailed off softly as he gently nuzzled her cheek.

"Hai..." he whispered in her ear as he wondered who he was lying to; her or himself. "Rin...? This Sesshomaru promises to be more gentle this time..." he whispered huskily.

"Iie, it's okay; this Rin believe you," she said as she shifted to soften her words with a kiss. "But this Rin is too tired and sore for anything other than sleep. Forgive me...?"

"Hai..." he said softly, lifting his arm as she nestled close to his right side. "Tomorrow we start out getaway, ne?"

"Hai..." she said dreamily as she drifted off to sleep.

Sesshomaru lay there, luxuriating in the feel of her naked body against his as he ran fingers across the small of her back, gently caressing her as he drifted off to sleep. He was finding that hard to do, not because of any desire to couple with her again, but more because there was something different about her, something which seemed oddly familiar yet elusive. So he decided to think about their getaway instead and in doing so he soon joined her in sleep.

He awoke at first light, watching the play of light and shadow as the leaves shifted in the morning breeze, and listening to the soft sounds of her breathing as the forest around also woke up. When she finally did wake up, Rin sat up and stretched, before leaning over to kiss him good morning. As she did so, he brought his hand up and ran it lightly over the curve of her of her buttocks, and down to the soft petals of her flower.

Giggling and squirming under his touch, she asked, "What are doing...?"

"Nothing," he deadpanned.

"Nothing...?"

"Hai, nothing."

"It doesn't feel like nothing," she panted.

"Ah...but it is," he said, grinning wickedly at her when he caught her eye.

"You're...sure...?" she gasped.

"Hai... But if you want this Sesshomaru to stop..." he teased.

"Iie...Hai!" Rin closed her eyes, and trying hard to ignore his caresses, she whispered, "Please, stop... you said last night we have a getaway to find this morning... and if, ummm... if we stay here and pillow away the morning, we'll never find it..." Opening her eyes she saw that he was puzzled and hurt by her refusal. "Gomen nasai, Sesshomaru-sama, it's not that I don't like it or don't want to..."

"But we have places to go." He sighed. "And you are still sore...?" he added softly, dropping hand to rest on the back of her leg.

Rin's cheeks grew hot as she blushed. "Hai.... And remember the last time we pillowed all day, or rather all night...? Well, ummm..."

"Ssh... say no more and get dressed. This Sesshomaru is just as anxious to find this getaway as you are. And you are correct; now is not the time for diversions...however pleasant, ne?"

"Hai," Rin said with a smile as she moved to comply.

Sesshomaru lay back, his head pillowed on his fluff, as he watched her dress. He was idly licking his fingers as he thought back to the time she had mentioned. He knew there something else that was important about the incident, but he could not remember anything other than the fact that they had coupled over and over again until they finally stopped from exhaustion. He also remembered spending the next few days caring for her as she had hurt her wrist not to mention the fact her had hurt her in much the same manner he had hurt her last night. Still, there was something else he could not remember and that bothered him as he tried to pay attention to her as she helped him dress.

They took one last look around their makeshift campsite before heading off on their journey. At first they had to walk single file until the woods opened up and they could resume walking abreast. It only took Rin two steps to reach his side and they continued in companionable silence, enjoying the sights and sound of the forest around them. A low hanging tree branch blocked Rin's way and as they both reached to move it out of the way, Sesshomaru's hand brushed against hers in an accidental caress. Rin smiled as a puzzled frown creased her brow, letting him reach out to let her pass unhindered by the tree. They walked on for a while before he did again. The gentle sweep of his fingers sent shivers up her arm as she eyed him surreptitiously out the corner of her eye. Still she said nothing as he repeated the gesture and just when she was about to ask him what he was doing, his intentions become clear, when he gently grasped her fingers with his own. Rin smiled thinking this was the perfect start to their getaway.




Sign up to rate and review this story