Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Cherry Blossom

Falling Star

by Moribund 2 reviews

A chill ran through me as the bell tolled the hour...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-10-16 - Updated: 2010-10-16 - 1038 words - Complete

2Original
Frank’s point of view

Gerard wasn’t underneath the blossom tree that afternoon, not that I blame him, I was a dick, a cowardly, selfish dick. Silently, I walked home to prepare for another night of ghost hunting. The evening was largely uneventful, after I exorcised a rather tiresome old lady, Julietta decided I could handle the next one on my own, while she investigated a ‘bad spirit’ she had sensed. Said next ghost was a rather gnarled vicar hanging around the large old oak in the park. He was not happy to see me.

“I will not,” he stated, “take part in some satanic ritual.”

“It’s not a satanic ritual, sir” I sighed as I drew out the salt pentagram. “I’m just going to say a little prayer so you can pass on.”

“I want no part of it. I refuse to cooperate.” He crossed his arms and looked away from me stubbornly. I frowned, placing the brass bowl in front of me and retrieving my pen-knife from my backpack.

“Well if that’s the way you’re going to be...”

I pressed the point of the knife to the tip of my left ring finger, and let the blood drip into the brass bowl. I clasped my hands, muttering some incantations that Julietta had taught me.

“Bind.” I finalized the spell.

Red tendrils shot out from the bowl, wrapping themselves around the vicar, drawing him closer to me so I could complete the ritual. I smiled to him and passed him on, just before the town hall clock struck midnight.

A chill ran through me as the bell tolled the hour, all was silent; no birds, no bugs, no traffic, not even the wind could be heard. Something was coming. But the only thing I knew was that it wasn’t just another ghost, it was somehow more than that; more powerful, more dangerous. Remaining in my pentagram, I closed my eyes and tried to pinpoint where this ominous feeling was emanating from. It was close, too close for comfort. Opening my eyes, I caught sight of movement a few metres away.

Squinting, I could make out the shape, but no details, whatever it was, I couldn’t see it, not properly at least. It was big, and for lack of a better word yeti-like, about seven or eight feet tall, hairy as far as I could tell, and the wide, muscular shoulders were hunched over. As it lumbered towards me, a throbbing fear washed through me, urging me to flee. But I couldn’t, if this thing was dangerous, then I was going to stop it, by whatever means.

Bringing my shaking hands together I started to pray for this creature to be sent somewhere that it couldn’t hurt anyone, but I didn’t get further than a few words before it screamed and one of its freakishly long arms darted out and knocked me flying. It uttered a piercing cry as I landed heavily on the ground about three or four metres away, with a ringing in my ears and agony ripping over my body; there was a large, gash going across my chest and part way down my right arm, oozing blood everywhere. I looked up, waiting to stare my death in the face.

Contrary to what I assumed it would do, the beast turned its head and lumbered away from me, giving me a chance to get back to my pentagram, and more importantly, the brass bowl. I hauled myself towards it, leaving a trail of blood in my wake. Sitting in the middle of the star, I let the blood from my arm gush into the bowl. Feeling light headed due to the loss of blood, I quickly started casting a more powerful binding spell. That, coupled with the copious amount of blood, was strong enough to bind the creature long enough for me to cast it away from this world. The creature bellowed out as it disappeared; a moaning cry that shook the earth underneath me.

Exhausted, I fell to the ground, my head pounding and my vision cloudy.

As my breathing became weaker I stared up at the sky, the stars were out tonight, shining like diamonds on a dark velvet quilt. Smiling slightly, I resolved that I wouldn’t mind if these stars were the last thing I see, they were so pretty. Soon I felt footsteps pounding on the ground, beating a path towards me. I tried to move my head to see who it was, but found that my body would not respond. A face blocked out my view of the stars, and I changed my mind, that face, that hauntingly beautiful face, such pain, such joy it could express. But he was so much more than that; he was an artist and an angel, a silent visionary.

It killed me to see him cry so much, but cry he did. He pulled me into his arms and wept over me, his tears tickling as they fell on my face. He brushed the hair away from my eyes, and tried in vain to stop the bleeding. All the time he whispered to me, ‘don’t die Frankie, please don’t die’ but that was a promise I could never keep; we all die sometime, maybe this was my time to go. Summoning all my strength, I raised a hand to brush his tears from his eyes.

“Frankie...”

I shushed him.

“Gee,” I whispered, trying desperately to hang on, to admit what I was so afraid of.

“I love you.”

Gerard sobbed and pulled me even closer, pressing kisses to my face; my forehead, cheeks, lips. I shushed him and clasped his hand in mine, rubbing circles onto the back of his hand with my thumb, doing all I could to comfort him. I thought of Mikey, and my mom and dad, and everything in life I had to look forward to. But I wasn’t afraid, and my vision slowly went white, and the pain melted away, and I let myself slip into the darkness as Gerard wailed and feverishly tried to wake me up.

A/N Rate and review please! ^-^
Sign up to rate and review this story