Categories > Games > Fire Emblem > Wildflower and Leather Wings

Ch6

by Saicha6744 0 reviews

Events following Vaida's attack.

Category: Fire Emblem - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-10-16 - Updated: 2010-10-16 - 2077 words - Complete

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Fire Emblem Rekka no Ken, Fuuin no Tsurgi, Sacred Stones or any other FE title. I do not own Nintendo, Gameboy, Gameshark, Natsume....

...I think you get my drift.

^_^; sorry 'bout the rant. It's 'cause I'm a Scorpio/Earth Dragon you see. It means we're short-tempered, bad spelling, ranting fools.

*********

Chapter 6: Healing Part 1

Rebecca sat in Merlinus's wagon. Her eyes never left Heath's face. He was pale from loss of blood (or lack of sunlight, Rebecca was not sure which) and his hair hung limply. His wound was infected and fever ravaged his body.

It's been three days since Vaida's attack. Three days since her inability to help Heath. Three days of torture.
The sniper closed her eyes and breathed deeply. The past three days had been too much.


---FLASHBACK---


Lady Lyn managed to track the fleeig Black Fang up the mountains. Being a Sacaen it came only natural that she could track their footprints in the light falling snow. When they finally spotted the Fang's base the army stopped at a safe distance to plan strategy. Nills said there was an evil magic power in the heart of the old fortress.

As Eliwood, Lyn and Kent planned strategy Hector sought Rebecca. He found the sniper sitting silently outside Serra's healing tent. Moans of pain could be heard as the cleric did her best to improve on Pent's patchwork.

"What happened back there?" his rough voice startled Rebecca. For long minutes she could only stare at him and blink.

"Why didn't you help Heath? He's nearly dead because you froze."

"...." Rebecca remained silent.

"Pull yourself together. I can't dismiss you since your Eliwood's. Right now we need every man and woman we can get to win this war. We don't need spacey archers in this or any other battle. Stay behind and look after him. Got it?" he hissed before he stomped off to rejoin Eliwood and help plan the strategy.

Rebecca gulped. Tears threatened to spill as she realized that Hector's guesture was the closest thing to kindness that he could muster. Everyone always said that the blue-haired noble was nothing but a stupid brute. But Rebecca would argue differently. He was a noble and as such could not allow other people to see his weaknessess....or something to that effect.

The rustling tent flap snapped her attention back to Serra's healing tent. The cleric looked exhaused. Her face was drawn and her bouncy pink pigtails hung limp.

"He'll be okay. Thanks to my devine skill," Serra gave a ruefull smile, "...and Lord Pent's of course." Admitting that another was better at healing was never one of her strongpoints. "You should watch over him, Becky. Lord Hector requested me to be in the front lines of this battle since I can use both healing staves and light magic. It seems like he's finally taken notice of my brilliant and unsurpassed talents! Humph! Took him long enough." Serra pouted.

"Where's Priscilla?" Rebecca asked, panic rising in her ever so slightly. She never took care of an injured man before. What if he wakes up and sees her?

"She's too upset to take care of him properly. Can't imagine why, though. And she's going to be in the battle as well. Rear guard. Hah!" Serra always made sure to let everyone know that she was the better healer and magic user. No Troubador could hold a candle to her.

"What should I do?" Rebecca asked mostly to herself.

"Give him this for the pain," Serra said as she pushed a small vial into Rebecca's hands. "Two drops will take away his pain. Three will make him sleep. Give it to him in some water, the taste won't be so bad that way. Check his temparature and if you think he's got a fever let me know immediately. I got to go now."

Rebecca watched as the normally noisy cleric, recently promoted to bishop, scuttled away. She took a deep breath and went inside the tent. Not sure of what to expect. She was relieved to find him sleeping. Sitting down on the ground next to his bedroll she watched in silence how his chest rose and fell with every breath he took.
Rebecca felt like a pervert when she realized that his clothes had been stripped off and that she was staring at his bare upper body. He was slender but well-toned. She noticed some scars of previous battles and found them...very appealling.

Rebecca! Get your thoughts out of the gutter! she reprimanded herself.

Guilt instantly replaced her awkward thoughts when her gaze landed on his shoulder. Rough white bandages was wrapped around most of his chest and shoulder. A dark red spot betrayed where Vaida's lance had injured him.

"I'm sorry..." she whispered.

"What for?" Heath rasped as he opened his eyes slightly.

Rebecca gulped as a small blush spread across her cheeks.

A mischivous smile played across his lips. "I didn't mind. Serra oogled me much worse than you did. Hell, I was convinced she'd jump my bones or something."

Rebecca blushed. She swore he was asleep! "I-I didn't m-m-mean t-to!" she stuttered and quickly averted her eyes from his.

His good-natured laugh only served to deepen her embarassment.

"Ah!" Heath winced as he tried to move.

"What's wrong?" Rebecca quickly asked, forgetting about her embarassment.

"Just my shoulder. It's nothing to worry about."

Quickly scanning the tent Rebecca found a mug and canteen. She took out the vial and carefully dropped two drops of the sickly pink liquid into the water.
"Drink this," she said and handed him the water. "Serra said it would help for the pain."
Heath gratefully gulped down the medicine. Moments later he could feel the pain in his shoulder lessen, dying down to a dull ache.
He closed his eyes and made himself comfortable. His thoughts mostly on Vaida.

A light sniffing noise caused him to open an eye slightly. He saw Rebecca frowning and fumbling with her jacket straps. Every now and then she would rub her eyes.

"Becky, what wrong? Why are you crying?" Heath questioned. Only later did he realized that he used a pet name instead of her real name.

"I-it's nothing...I got sand in my eye...yeah, that it. Sand."

"It's about the other day, isn't it?" Heath stated. Rebecca cringed. She did not want to be reminded of that day in the cave.

"I told you it's just sand." Rebecca said more to herself than Heath. The injured man shook his head and sat up straight with great effort. His shoulder pained with the effort of moving, but that was nothing compared to the hurt in his heart. He did not want to see Rebecca torn up like this.

"I said those things only to protect you, Rebecca. I don't want you to get hurt. If you linger by my side that is what will eventually happen. You'll get hurt. You know I am a hunted man. Bounty hunters will not think twice to claim you for themselves...I'll never forgive myself if that happens." Heath said the last part as a whisper.

"...it's my fault..." was all that the green-haired Sniper could manage to choke out. A few silent tears slid down her cheek. Heath rubbed them gently away, getting a bit closer to Rebecca in the process. The sniper did not even realize that she was well within Heath's reach.

"How can that be?" Heath gently asked. "As far as I know you never ordered me to flee Bern. Nobody did. It was a choice I made. One that I do not regret." Because I met you... he added silently.

Rebecca shook her head. "...the wyvern...the black wyvern...I could have shot her down...but...but..."

"You don't have beat yourself up over that, Becky. I heard what happened. It can happen to anyone." Heath reassured as he smudged away more tears.

"It's my fault you're hurt," came her soft whimper before Heath cradled her against his chest. His good arm circled her shoulders while the other limply hung at his side. He felt her tears on bare skin and was overcome with more emotions than he cared to name. Her arms snaked around his waist and she gripped him tightly. They stayed like that for a long time. Oblivious to the battle that raged against Kenneth.

"Heath...I know you probably hate me..." Rebecca said as her tears dried, but she never had the chance to finish her thought for Heath interrupted her.

"I don't hate you. How could I hate the woman I love?" Heath cringed a little as Rebecca stiffened against his body. That was a mistake... he thought bitterly.

Slowly the sniper pulled away from him. Her face was flushed and she trembled. A riot of emotions broke free in her heart as she searched Heath's eyes trying to find a clue, any clue, that he might be lying. He met her gaze with unwavering, gentle eyes. Sincere eyes, Rebecca realized as joy unlike any other flushed all her doubt away. She hugged his neck and Heath could feel her heavy, ragged breathing. Her face felt warm against his cool skin as she breathlessly whispered four little words he had longed to hear.

"I love you too."

Heath smiled and felt truly happy. He rested his head against her's and breathed the scent of her hair. Strange enough her hair smelled like wildflowers. As he held her powerful feelings of desire and need washed over him, shutting his brain down. Brushing her hair away from the nape her neck Heath acted on instict and kissed her softly. Rebecca's breath hitched as he trailed soft kisses up her neck. His lips brushed against her's and she did not hesitate to return his kiss. Her hands slid into his hair as he tightened his grip on her waist.
Only the need for air made them break the kiss.

"Heath..." she whispered his name. The wyvern rider had to use every ounce of self control he posessed not to kiss her again. Her blushing face made him smile in satisfaction. He could make her blush like that every day...if it was not for the fact that he was hunted.

"I-I'm sorry, Rebecca. I didn't mean to..." but the sniper silenced him with a deep and passionate kiss.

"Don't say anything." she murmured as she gently forced him to lay down on his bedroll. Heath gulped. This was something he was not prepared for. His hand trembled on her waist. Heath paniked. He had to do something! He did not want Rebecca to do something that she would regret in the morning.
Rebecca broke the kiss. Now it was her turn to feel satisfied at Heath's nervousness. Smiling sweetly she grabbed the closest blanket and tucked him in.

"Go to sleep. I'll come back later," Rebecca whispered in his ear. Her hot breath sent shivers down his spine, but in a good way.

He smiled at her feeling relieved and confused at the same time. As she slipped out of the tent Heath realized how good she made him feel. She made him feel like he belonged. Around her he felt complete.

When Rebecca returned two hours later she found Heath asleep. Smiling softly she knelt beside his bedroll and gazed at his sleeping face. Her eyes roamed over his strong jawline, noticing slight stubble. She cocked her head to one side and noticed that his cheeks seemed to be flushed as well.

"Heath? Are you okay?" she asked as she gently nudged him. The wyvern rider did not reply. She placed her cheek against his and gasped at the scorching heat that radiated from him. Swallowing hard she sprinted out of the tent only to realize that the battle with Kenneth was not won yet. To top it all snow started to fall.
Rebecca stood in the snow uncertain of what to do. She could not leave Heath and search for Serra, but Serra wanted to know immediately if Heath developed a fever.
The sniper looked back and forth between the medic tent and the ruins in which Kenneth hid.

*********

And that is the first part done of Chapter 6 Healing.
Next chapter will be Healing part 2.

Sorry 'bout the cliffhanger. If you hadn't noticed...I like cliffies! A lot! Maybe too much...
Anyway I'll update soon!
Until then...RRR!

Mwah

Saicha out!
Sign up to rate and review this story