Categories > Original > Poetry

The mask and cloak

by xXKiTtYKaTXx 0 reviews

Everything happens for a reason...Good or bad.

Category: Poetry - Rating: G - Genres: Horror - Published: 2010-10-17 - Updated: 2010-10-17 - 225 words - Complete

0Unrated
The mask...A mask of deception of which people are so easily fooled by.
The cloak...A dark black cloak of which we hide in, to cover our very existance.
The two things that change you, stick and take a hold of you, your life.
Like a parasite, living off you, feeding, taking away all nutrition, all goodness that you own. Eventually these two things become who you are, your everyday life, something of which you can never run away from.
The parasite is now your best friend, your only friend.
Outcasts to society, judged and withdrawn from the world, the so called home we live in.
Fulled with the swine, the filth in which they slither in.
Why be like them anyway?
Disgusting filthy scum crawling in their own faeces.
Then you realise the mask, the cloak, it separates you from them all.
Your higher than them, greater, stronger. Theyr'e useless, oxygen thieves. They are the parasites.
The mask and cloak are yet a guide given to every living creature to open their eyes to the world, but its their choice to either listen or not.

One life. One choice. There are no second chances.

In the shadows we roam
The darkness our home
Its warm embrace
The choking lace
The deathly cries
The grey moon light skies
This useless life
Fulled with lies.
Sign up to rate and review this story