Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Take Me For What I Am

Seeing Isn't Always Believing

by vampyGee 1 review

“Someone’s time of the month?” he raised his eyebrows and smirked.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2010-10-17 - Updated: 2010-10-17 - 1102 words

0Unrated
The comic store…………



“Hey Gerard!” Lily called to me as I came in the shop and clocked in. Lily and I were the only ones who actually work at the shop, she a year older then me, a little nerdy, kinda like Mikey, but she was fun to work with, and she was one of my few friends, along Matt and Ray. She’s been working here for about a week, ever since Chris, a 40 year old guy who lived with his mom, was fired for getting cheetos dust on the comics.


“How’s it going?” I asked, sitting on my stool behind the counter.


“Not the greatest.” she sighed. “My cousin just moved in with us, the kid is such a handful.”

“Little kid?” I guessed.


“Nope, he’ll be 16 soon, he’s such a delinquent.”


I laughed. “Sorry, why did he move in with you?”


“His mom died last month, his father couldn’t deal with him anymore.” she said quietly. “I do feel bad for him.”





The day wore on, I mindlessly helped people find the comics they wanted, and sold them to them. It was 3 o’clock, I was ready to take my break, when the front door swung open.



“If it isn’t Lily in her natural habitat!” a short teenage boy grinned at her. He has lightly tanned skin, messy brown hair that hung around his face, big brown eyes, dressed in ripped jeans and a misfits hoodie.


“Frank, what are you doing here?” She groaned.


“School is over, thought I would swing by.” He said, walking up to the counter and shifting his eyes to me. I watched as his eyes got big, the confused, then big again, then a small smile formed on his pink lips. “You know , if you want to pull off the cross dresser look, u have to actually buy women’s clothes, not just a massively padded bra?”


My jaw almost dropped, I haven’t been spoken to that directly since high school, and it was a low blow.


“Frank!” Lily hissed, I turned and left the counter. “He didn’t mean it Gerard!” she called as I walked out the back door of the shop, in need of some fresh air. How dare that little bastard say that! He thought I looked like this on purpose! A tear oozed down my cheek, but I remembered what Grandma said and I wiped it away, not letting anymore flow.


After a couple of minutes, I went back inside, and Lily was yelling at Frank.


“No, I won’t believe a word of that until I actually see!” Frank was telling her calmly, then his eyes fell back to me, he just smiled, I wanted to puke. “Hi Gerard.” He said. His eyes skimmed me up and down, he was checking me out!

“Frank, please leave.” Lily hissed at him.


“Fine.” he said, pulling a cigarette out of his pocket. “See you at home.” he said, and lit the cigarette as he walked out of the door, he took a deep drag, then exhaled slowly, looking me in the eyes, I felt a shiver run down my spine, he grinned and walked away.


“Gerard, I’m so sorry about him.” Lily began to apologize.


“No, it’s cool.” I said. “Not like it matters.”





XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX





“……..And then she sat next to me in English, n she gave me this look! Mom she’s so pretty, and her lips are shiny and-”


“Mikey, would you please shut up!” I begged him at the dinner table. “I’m getting a massive migraine!”


“Someone’s time of the month?” he raised his eyebrows and smirked.


“Fuck you.” I glared at him.

“Gerard! Language!” Mom snapped. “Michael, do not tease your brother!”


“Sorry Gee, want me to make you tea before bed?” He said, apologizing.

“No, it’s ok Mikey.” I had to smile, whenever I had cramps he would make me tea before bed to help me fall asleep, I didn’t have cramps yet, just a migraine.

Mom put her plate in the sink and grabbed her purse off the counter. “Now would you boys behave? Your father will be in later tonight and I’m going out with Shelly and Jeanie, don’t wait up for me or start any fires, Gerard is in charge, love ya!” She said before leaving.


Mikey just looked at me, then slowly cleared away the table and started on the dishes. “Mikes, I’m sorry I didn’t mean to snap on you.” I said.


“It’s ok Gee.” He said, getting his hands in the soapy water.


“I’ve just had a really bad day Mikey.”


“Tell me?” He pleaded, I shook my head but he gave me the puppy dogs eyes.


“Lily’s cousin came into the shop after school today, he said if I want to cross-dress I should get women’s clothes and not just a padded bra.”


“Oh Gee I’m so sorry!”


“Don’t be Mikes.” I said, walking over to the pantry, reaching up to the top shelf and getting one of the bottles of liquor my parents kept up there, all the while Mikey had his back turned to the dishes. “Night Mikey!” I called behind him and went down to my room, shutting the door and opening the bottle, taking a large drink and wincing as it burned down my throat, I sat down in the bed, greedily taking more, just wanting all the feelings to go away.

I was just an ugly fat freakish failure, all I was ever going to be. Another sip. I loved my brother but I admit I’m jealous of him. Another drink, I began to feel the alcohol take its affect on me, I hastily drank more, hoping I could keep it all down.




I must have drank my self to sleep, because when I wok up my clock said it was three in the morning, the bottle lay on the floor, the rest of what was in the bottle made a puddle on the carpet. My stomach turned and I ran to my bathroom, leaning over the toilet just as the contents of my stomach came pouring out of my mouth.


I dropped to my knees, when I was done vomiting, I flushed the toilet and lay back on the cold tile floor, I finally pulled myself and when I realized I needed to piss only to find……………fucking great, where did I put my tampons?











Thank you for the great reviews on the first chapter, hope you like this!
Sign up to rate and review this story