Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Original Sin

Original Sin

by devilsgyrl 2 reviews

Narcissa is a little first-year and Lucius is a third-year. This is the story of how their love came to be.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Narcissa - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-10-18 - Updated: 2010-10-19 - 1760 words

-1Boring
I don't usually write HP fiction, but I'm bored so I'll give this a go. lol Hope you guys like it. Reviews are definitely appreciated! :)


High pitched laughter ricocheted off the walls and seemed to flood the entire room. The laughter was much too loud and seemed fake to my ears. The loud cackles belonged to my sister, Bellatrix. Bellatrix always seemed to be the center of attention or in the "popular" crowd. She was lucky. Needless to say, I was very jealous of her. I wished that I had Bella's bold personality, sharp wit, and beauty. Bella had it all.

I, on the other hand, felt like I had nothing. Bella and I were pretty much opposites. Bella was audacious; I was timid and shy. People said I was beautiful, but I didn't believe them. Why should I? My light blonde hair and blue eyes weren't nearly as gorgeous as Bella's rich, dark locks and deep brown eyes. It was weird to think that Bella and I were sisters since we were so different. Nonetheless, we were almost the same age with Bella being only a year older than me.

Before I get carried away with myself, I should also mention my other sister before I forget all about her. Andromeda Black is my third sister. It's hard to find words to describe Andromeda. Andromeda is the oldest of all my sisters and is just different. She lacks Bella's spite and has a calm, studious personality. She doesn't look like Bella or me at all either. Andromeda has straight black hair and pale white skin. I'm not close with either of my sisters, but Andromeda and I barely know each other.

Today has been one of the biggest days of my life. Why? Well, my life has taken a very new direction. Today, I took a train to a school called "Hogwarts". Interesting name for a school, huh? When I first heard of it, I thought of big, hairy warts. Ew. Luckily, my mother explained to me that Hogwarts had nothing at all to do with warts. On the other hand, Hogwarts is a school of witchcraft and wizardry. It's where all the witches and wizards of the day go to school to study and prepare for a future career.

Hogwarts sounded like a lot of fun. Bella came back from there this summer with all kinds of crazy stories and a lot of magic in her brain. There was something different about Bella when she arrived back home. Her eyes glimmered a little too brightly and her laugh held an insane tone to it. I couldn't help but wonder what had changed Bella and if the change in her was for the good or the bad. Andromeda had noticed the change in Bella too. She just clucked her tone in disapproval and that was the most that she ever said about the situation. I tried talking to Bella about Hogwarts a bit and about what she liked most there her. She told me about a guy called Tom. When she spoke of him, her eyes lit up and she smiled like she was floating in heaven. Could it be that this Tom had changed Bella's life so much?

From Bella's stories, I learned that there were four different houses in Hogwarts. Those four houses were called: Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin, and Gryffindor. Bella told me it was expected of our family to be in Slytherin. After all, that's the house where our parents had gone and we were pure bloods after all. I was proud of being a pure blood. My whole family was really. We cherished blood purity and it was a quality that was never overlooked or ignored in the wizarding world.

Surprisingly enough, Andromeda was not in Slytherin. No, Andromeda was placed in Ravenclaw. I found that kind of strange. But again, maybe it made sense. Like I said earlier, Andromeda was just different from the rest of us. She wasn't like Bella, my parents, or even myself. Andromeda's situation made me freak out though. I mean, what if I wasn't in Slytherin? Bella would surely kill me if that happened!

So when I left for Hogwarts Express (that's the name of the train that brings us to Hogwarts), I was rather worried and nervous. Everything was chaos as soon as I entered the train. Bella had gone off with some old friend of hers, Andromeda had silently disappeared off to who-knows-where, and I was left all alone in a mix of confusion. Not really sure what to do and feeling rather awkward, I had found a seat in the back compartment to sit by myself. The ride to Hogwarts was rather boring and lonely. I wished Bella would come introduce me to her friends or something, but no, I guess that was just too much to expect from Bella.

See, the thing with my sister is that she doesn't seem to think of anyone but herself. I guess "selfish" is a term that definitely describes her. Sometimes, I think she forgets that I'm her sister and that I look up to her as a role model and as my protector. Oh well, over the years, I've gotten use to fending for myself. It's always hard to be in a new place with so many new people though.

Once we arrived at Hogwarts, I followed the crowd into the "Great Hall" which was a big dining room lit up by rows of candelabras. After that, piles upon piles of food appeared on the table and a feast began. Well, kinda. Everyone was allowed to eat but the first years. Since we were new, we had to be sorted into our houses. The way we were sorted was by placing an ancient, dilapidated black witch's hat on our heads. After a few minutes of contemplation, the hat would cry out what house we belonged to. My heart had pounded against my rib cage and my breath had come in nervous, little gasps when the sorting hat was on my head. Luckily, I was placed in Slytherin. Thank god for that. It would've been so shameful for myself and my family if I had been in a different house.

After I was sorted, I joined the Slytherin table. I had sort of hoped that Bella would introduce me to some of the fellow Slytherins. However, knowing Bella, of course she did not. She did give me a thumbs-up though. I guess that counts for something, right? During dinner, I didn't really eat much. I just kind of picked at my food and looked nervously around. Large social situations made me kind of uncomfortable and claustrophobic. I can be really jumpy at times.

After what seemed like an eternity, the Headmaster of Hogwarts, a small man with long gray hair, gave a welcome speech and said we were to return to our common rooms and then head off to our dorms for bed. We jumped to obey his orders and now we (by "we" I mean all the Slytherins) were all sitting around the tables in the common room. Apparently nobody wanted to go to bed. I was rather sleepy, but who wants to go to bed when there's so many new things to explore?

Despite by curiousity, I can't help but feel really depressed right now. I'm sittting at a table all alone while across from me is a large table filled with Bella and her friends. I know I could go over and introduce myself to them, but that thought just kind of scares me. I mean, what would they think of me? How would they react to Bella's little sister? There was just no way to know and I didn't want to go make a fool of myself. That's why I'm still sitting at a little table watching the crowd at the other one between slitted eyes.

"Oh my god, that is so freakin' funny, Tom!" Bella's voice sounds between those loud cackles. Bella has been laughing at pretty much everything this Tom guy has said tonight. I guess he seems nice enough. Well, he's nice to Bella anyways. I have no idea if he'd like me or not. Still though, I don't quite get Bella's infatuation with Tom. I guess he's good looking. He's tall and thin with dark hair and piercing eyes that almost seem to see straight to your soul. For some reason, those eyes kind of creep me out. Apparently, Bella doesn't see them that way though. She sits on the opposite table completely entranced by Tom.

With Bella and Tom are about six others. There are obviously more Slytherins than that, but they've already headed up to bed. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Bella pulling her skirt up her leg to expose part of her thigh. Bella's doing all this inconspicuously, but I can't help but notice. I'm her sister and I can totally predict the things she does. She's obviously trying to flirt with Tom...or possibly the guy sitting on her left.

Turning her eyes from Tom for just a millisecond, Bella fixes the guy on her left with a flirtatious grin and says, "Hey Lucius, what about a midnight stroll with me tonight? I'm too excited for this year to fall asleep tonight." From where I'm sitting, I can't help but snicker at the double-meaning in Bella's sentence. I don't quite see why she suddenly starting flirting with the guy on her left thought. I mean, she likes Tom...right?

Puzzling over this, an explanation finally comes to mind. She's probably flirting with this guy just to make Tom jealous. Bella's a nasty girl. Eavesdropping into the conversation, I lean forward in anticipation for the guy's response. I can't see the guy too well unfortunately. He's sitting in the shadows and all I can tell is that he's taller than Bella. Finally, I hear his response, "My god, you're such a flirt, Bella. Seriously though, we all know you're game. You just want Tom, not me. So for everyone's sake, why don't you pull your skirt back down unless you're planning on making a move on me?"

Everyone laughs and Bella blushes, risking a quick gaze out of the corner of her eye at Tom. Tom laughs as well as the guy, Lucius, tugs Bella's skirt back down over her thigh. After that, he shifts positions and turns so that he's no longer in the shadows. And then...he looks directly at me.
Sign up to rate and review this story