Categories > Original > Horror

You Will Touch the Hearts of Many

by scentlessapprentice 0 reviews

.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG - Genres: Horror - Published: 2010-10-22 - Updated: 2010-10-23 - 340 words - Complete

0Unrated
Never before had I seen such a gruesome sight. I immediately regretted walking into this room the moment I laid my eyes on what was before me. At first I thought my eyes have deceived me, that what I was seeing was an unreal figment of my imagination. It took me a long while to accept the fact that what my frightened eyes were looking upon was as real as real could be in this world.
I felt my weary limbs begin to quiver as my eyes wandered around the scene. It felt completely surreal. How did I become the one to somehow stumble upon this unbelievable sight? Or even worse, why was it that even from where I was standing, that this person was so familiar to me?
I took a few steps closer, watching her run her fingers over the red shape in her hands, almost caressing it in a way. I was careful not to step in the dark, sticky puddles that stained the white marble floor. Finally, when I got close enough, I completely recognized the blue-haired girl on her knees in front of me. Although her clothes were in shreds, as if she had been wrapped in gauze, covered in red, as was most of her body, her face stood out to me. She gazed up at me with her pained, watering eyes when she raised her arms enough to reveal the pulsating shape between her palms. When I saw her beating heart, No longer connected to the deep hole in her chest, I went numb. My brain could not process a way to react to such a sight. For a minute, I thought I had gone insane and was hallucinating. I looked into her gray eyes, realizing that what I was seeing was in fact real for the second time. Then, she whispered, "for you," placing her heart in my cold hands.

A/N: This was actually written for an assignment in my english class. I just kinda liked the way it tuned out.
Sign up to rate and review this story