Categories > Original > Drama > The Forgotten

The Forgotten

by MCRmygirl 2 reviews

The story of a band's beginnings. Rejected by their classmates, a group of students find a means of revenge- through their music. Thus, they begin a band called The Forgotten. This is their story.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2010-10-22 - Updated: 2010-10-22 - 658 words

-1TrainWreck
(This is my first story here, so try to bear with me. I'm still trying to figure it out.)

Maddy-

August. I still couldn't believe that starting this morning, I was a freshman. Mom obviously couldn't believe it either, judging by the three glasses of wine she chugged down the night before. I shivered; my thin jacket didn't do much to stop the icy wind from seeping in. Winter was coming early this year, just as I had predicted.
I sighed, giving up on trying to keep warm. Sitting cross-legged on the ice-cold concrete, I looked down once again at the already creased and worn schedule that was clenched tight in my fist:
First period- History
Second period- Algebra
Third period- Language Arts
Fourth period- Biology
Lunch
Fifth Period- Choir
Sixth Period- PE
Study Hall

Great. I've got lunch right after Biology. Yet another year of not being able to eat lunch at school. All that blood makes me sick to my stomach. Maybe I'll luck out and Kerri'll have the same Biology class as me. She always knows how to keep me from being sick.
Kerri. It's been so long since I've seen her. I'm so glad that I'll finally get to have some classes with her. Years of being one grade below her have really sucked. Now there's a chance that I'll actually get to be around my closest friend.


The sound of the bus pulling up interrupted my thoughts. I leapt up from the cold concrete ground and bolted toward the bus, my bookbag bouncing against my numb leg.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Kerri-

My schedule was missing. I was pretty sure I knew the culprit, but wondering about it all morning was going to make me late.
"JEREMY! WHERE'D YOU HIDE MY SHOES? IF I FIND THEM IN YOUR ROOM, YOU'RE GONNA GET IT!!!!"
My shoes suddenly dropped over the rail of the stairs, narrowly missing my head. Ugh. Great way to start my sophmore year.
The wind was blowing pretty hard. The trees were bent almost in half by the force of the gale. Hopefully we don't have to run on the track in this, I thought miserably as I shoved my feet into the black converse that had fallen from the top floor and ran out the door. The bus was just pulling up, thank the Lord. I wouldn't have to stand in the wind.
I sat in my usual seat at the rear of the bus, alone. No one would dare sit next to me except for Christian, but his brother drives him to school. Oh well. I could wait a little longer to see him. There was no point in stressing. I was used to being alone.
I glanced down at the envelope in my hand that contained my schedule. I hadn't even opened it. With numb fingers, I fumbled with the flap.
Wow. Fourth period Biology. This could be interesting.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Christian-

"Hey bro, you sure you want to drive in this? It's pretty bad," I asked as I peeked my head out the door and practically had my head blown off my shoulders.
"Yeah, why not? It's better than being stuck on a bus with a bunch of middle schoolers. Besides, I have a perfect record, remember?" My brother, Ray, grinned at me, his teeth glinting.
"I guess..." I mumbled, still slightly unsure about the whole idea. I reluctantly followed my brother into his old pick-up truck, tucking my nearly empty school bag between my knees and fiddling with the broken heater.
"Seems like someone forgot to remind Mother Nature that it's still fall," I muttered, huddling inside my jacket, wishing I was on the bus. At least then, I had Kerri to talk to. Ray was pretty introverted, but he was a good guy and an even better brother, so riding with him wasn't too bad. I sighed inwardly and settled down for what was sure to be a quiet, cold ride.
Sign up to rate and review this story