Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Stalemate

by purpleskittle 0 reviews

Short conversation between Zangetsu and the Hollow. Very mild Spoilers up to manga chapter 420.

Category: Bleach - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-10-24 - Updated: 2010-10-25 - 252 words - Complete

-1Boring
The hollow watched the zanpakuto quietly. Its yellow eyes were narrowed; a small frown curved the too-wide mouth down into a mask of perplexion. Stark white against a cloudless sky, its icy skin defied the heat of the blazing sun.

"You aren't going to stop him?" The hollow's voice rasped uncomfortably through the silence. They both knew it had nothing to do with stopping the inevitable.

Zangetsu rested somber eyes on the not-Ichigo. For a moment the silence stretched. "No." The dark zanpakuto returned his gaze to the sky. His tattered cloak billowed in the nonexistent breeze, flapping softly.

The hollow tilted its head. Guarded curiosity gleamed in its eyes. "You'll disappear."

"Yes."

The hollow stepped closer, fascinated in spite of itself. The serious zanpakuto turned to face it, the ever-present frown still etched in place. The two not-quite companions considered each other for a moment. Dark eyes met yellow eyes and held the gaze.

The sword-spirit was the first to break the silence. "What about you?"

The hollow smiled widely, insanely. Its empty, shrieking laugh pierced the stillness, bounced harshly of the sharp corners and smooth planes of the glass-and-metal world. As the last peals of laughter died away, the hollow shook its head, still abnormally cheerful. "I'm just a horse. If the King wants to throw away his crown, 's nuthin I can do about it."

The silence fell again, and the hollow moved to stand next to the soul-cutter. Black and white chess pieces on a deteriorating chess board.
Sign up to rate and review this story