Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > When I Fall Can I Catch Myself

Lifeless

by LittleMissFae 3 reviews

A turn for the worse.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2010-10-26 - Updated: 2010-10-26 - 864 words - Complete

4Exciting

    Gerard and I were on our way to the venue. It was only about twenty minutes away from our apartment. Eliza was staying with Donna and Donald tonight. My opening act was going to be a small, upcoming band from Canada called Channeling Aspects.

    After arriving, we did a sound check and everything was set up for the concert. My heart was beating rapidly. Finally, I was coming back to the stage. I heard chanting as Channeling Aspects finished up and were announcing me.

    I pounced onto the stage, the arena was completely full. A sold out concert. In the VIP row, where every backstage guest sat, Gerard, Bob, Frankie, Ray, and Mikey were shouting my name. Brendon, Hayley, and Katy were there too. Where was my mom, dad, and Maria? How could they have forgotten? I was furious, singing each lyric with punctuality but wanting to wither away and die inside, or at least escape my thoughts.

    But I knew they didn’t forget. We had been talking about this for mobths. They wouldn’t have forgotten. Something had to have gone wrong.

    I didn’t want to be rude to my fans because of my alarm so after finishing my last song, I thanked then and ran backstage. Grabbing my phone, I dialed my mom’s cell number first. No answer. I called my dad’s phone. Nothing. Then I tried Maria’s. She also didn’t answer.

    I was panicking by the time everyone got backstage. Why wouldn’t they answer my calls? My phone ringed, I expected it to be my parents or Maria. But it wasn’t, it was an unfamiliar number. I answered it, curious of who it could be. “Hello?”

    “Is this Rosemary Blake?” the man on the other line asked.

    “Yes, can I help you?”

    “Actually, yes you can. I’m Dr. Shires,” his words made my heart sink. “From the Oceanside Memorial Hospital. We have three patients in our care. Barbara Blake, John Blake, and Maria Kale.”

    “That’s my parents and best friend. What’s wrong with them?” Tears were threatening to escape from my eyes.

    “They have been in a car accident. They are in extreme condition. Will you be able to come to the hospital?” the doctor asked.

    “I’m on my way, now. Thank you for calling me.” I hung up to look at Gerard. “We’re going to the hospital,” I whimpered.
    Gerard didn’t question me. We were already on our way to the hospital. The ride was silent. I was weeping, Gerard was consoling me.

    After meeting at the front desk and learning with rooms they were in, we were walking down their hallway. I went to my dad’s room first, he looked horrible. He was unconscious. I stayed in there for a while before moving to the next room, Maria’s. What I walked in on scared me to death.

    Maria wasn’t Maria anymore. She was gone, as in was dying every single second. The doctors were trying to bring her back to life. But they were too late. She was already dead.

    The doctors left the room and I took her hand. Her cool, delicate hand. My cheeks were wet. I stayed with her for what seemed like hours. Gerard just stodd behind me and let me mourn.

    I finally left to check on my mom. She was awake. I ordered Gerard to go get Eliza and Lilly. I stayed with her and talked quietly to her. I knew this would end soon. She would pass away also. I had to come to reality with that. I wanted her to be surrounded by those that loved her. I wanted her to see her daughters and granddaughter one last time.

    My mom’s voice was raspy when she looked me in the eyes. “I’m dying, Rose. You need to know that, sweetie. But you have to stay strong for me. I’ll be with you forever. Take care of my little grandbaby. Take care of your family. Do the right things. And please, marry that boy.”

    I couldn’t vocalize my thoughts so I only nodded in response. Gerard finally came back. Lilly was holding of his hands, the other wrapped securely around our daughter. Lilly ran to her mother and Gerard gave me Eliza to hold.

    My mom cooed sweetly to Eliza. Eventually her voice got softer and her words began to trail off. She was dying. “No,” I moaned. Tears streaked themselves down my cheek, onto my lips, then down my chin and neck. Her grip on my hand got looser until it went completely limp.

    I stayed next to her for almost the entire night, then I went to check on my dad. Gerard greeted me, with a solomn look on his face. “I’m so sorry,” is all he said. I broke down in his arms. First Maria, then my mom, now Dad too? I couldn’t do this. I needed them. I couldn’t live without them.

    I didn’t leave the hospital for the rest of the night. I fell asleep next to my mom’s stone-cold body.
Sign up to rate and review this story