Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Original Sin

Under the Gun

by devilsgyrl 0 reviews

Cissy is the target of a misdirected spell...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Narcissa - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-10-29 - Updated: 2010-10-29 - 1753 words

-1TrainWreck
Arthur's face turned an ugly purplish-red color at Lucius' comment. But again, who wouldn't be upset at being called a thick-brained fucker? Standing across from Arthur, Lucius was eying Arthur with a cool but conscious attitude. I could tell Lucius wanted Arthur to be the one to make the first move. That was smart. Then he could blame the fight on Arthur if Professor Slughorn came over to figure out what the hell was going on. Lucius was more intelligent than I thought.

Unable to take it any longer, Arthur gave a quick wave of his wand and murmured an incantation that I couldn't hear under his breath. Looking at him curiously, I waited to see what Lucius would do. He reacted quicker than lightning. Slashing his wand through the air, Lucius deflected the spell and in the same move ending up sending red sparks flying in Arthur's direction.

Caught off guard by Lucius' quick movements and the red sparks, Arthur stood kind of stunned while the red sparks rushed towards him. They cut into his face and left ugly gashes there. Molly gave a little gasp of surprise from Arthur's left. Looking around, I noticed that about half the class was watching Arthur and Lucius duel now. But then again, who wouldn't be watching? A fight was much more exciting than mixing up some boring concoction that we wouldn't even be using.

Arthur grimaced at the gashes on his face and his expression turned deadly as he looked back in Lucius' direction. Staring daggers at Lucius, Arthur whipped his wand in an upwards direction and then swung it forward wildly. Unfortunately, Arthur's aim wasn't particularly accurate in his rage. The purple sparks meant for Lucius totally missed their mark. They whizzed right past him and were headed straight for...me! Oh my god, what was I suppose to do? I should try to duck or get out of the way, but it was too late...

The purple sparks hit me directly in the chest. For a second, nothing happened. I was wondering if it was a fake or useless spell that Arthur had used when I suddenly felt a strange impact. It felt like someone was punching me hard in the chest and was pushing me backwards. I gasped and felt myself actually being pushed off my chair and onto the floor.

It was bad enough being pushed off your chair and landing on your back on the floor, but sadly, the spell was not quite done with me yet. My desk started wobbling precariously backwards and forwards in front of me. My eyes widened. The heavy desk couldn't actually fall over...could it? With one last wild swing, the desk came toppling in my direction. Apparently, it could tip over after all.

I clenched my eyes shut tightly as the desk came plunging towards me. Before I knew it, a loud smack sounded and a heavy weight was pinning me to the ground. It was squishing my lung. I couldn't breath. I tried to push the heavy weight of the desk off of me, but it was just too heavy. I couldn't push it off. I was too weak. Better just to give up. Black sparks started to swirl back and forth in front of my eyes. Oh shit, so was I going to pass out in front of the whole class now?

Just before the stars dancing before my eyes took over my vision completely, the desk was whirled off of me and tossed somewhere to my right. Tossed? Wow, someone must be strong in order to have actually tossed that desk off of me. I mean, that thing seemed to weigh like a million pounds or something.

Curious as to see who would be strong enough to lift such a heavy object off of me, I fought to keep conscious and see who was my savior. From somewhere above me, I heard voiced floating in an out of my ears. Some people were asking if I was okay, others were asking if I was conscious or not, and yet a third person asked if I was breathing.

The last question seemed to stick in my head. I wasn't breathing. My lungs were still smashed. I couldn't get air. Suddenly, a figure straddled my body and a blonde head peered right above my face. Lucius' cold gray eyes held frantic concern as he leaned over me. If I hadn't been breathing before, I certainly wasn't breathing now. How could I when Lucius was straddling me like this?

Lucius looked up over his shoulder at someone and said, "No, she's not breathing. Let me see what I can do..." I tried to look up to see who Lucius was talking to, but the stars were trying to take over my vision once more. Leaning close over me, Lucius took my lips into his own mouth, parted them, and started to breath the air back into my crushed lungs.

I felt like I was living in a dream for the few moments where I was drifting in and out of consciousness. Lucius' soft blonde strands of hair tickled my cheek, his hands were on my shoulders, and his lips were on mine as he breathed life back into me. Slowly, everything started to come back into focus as Lucius fed me the air my lungs so badly desired.

Without warning, I found I needed to cough. Lucius, seeing my eyes light back up, quickly removed his lips from mine and gazed into my eyes for only a quick moment before standing up and getting away from me. Turning to Professor Slughorn, he said, "She should be alright now. She seems to be conscious. She's just kind of...stunned I guess."

The cough burst through my lips and I moved into a sitting position, not liking the idea of lying on my back in front of the entire class. It's indeed an awful feeling to look up and see thirty pairs of eyes looking down at you. Most of the eyes held concern or worry, but I noticed envy in one pair of eyes. Okay, now that was just weird. Who was envious of a girl who just got the air knocked out of her by a misdirected spell? Surely only a psycho!

Looking up, I noticed that the envious gaze belonged to none other than Molly Johns. Ah, now that would only figure. Molly had seemed pretty infatuated with Lucius. Of course she would've wanted to be knocked to the ground just to have Lucius' lips on hers. Rage pulsed through my veins and I suddenly wanted to slap her. Good thing I was on the ground or I probably would have.

A hand was quickly extended in my direction to help me up. I took it and weakly made my way to my feet. Professor Slughorn, the one who had extended me the hand, asked worriedly, "Narcissa, are you okay, sweetie? I'm so sorry about that, my dear. There is indeed a reason why there is no dueling allowed in class!" Turning to fix Arthur Weasley with a menacing stare, the Professor added, "Detention for you, Mr. Weasley. Come here to my office tonight at nine. We'll talk about your consequence there."

Feeling like I owed the Professor an answer, I mumbled weakly, "I'm okay, I guess." The Professor's eyebrows crinkled together as he looked at me closer in concerned. I guess he decided I was okay though because his next few words were, "If you're sure. However, if you have any problems, be sure to head to the hospital wing, alright? Class is dismissed."

With that said, students started to disperse and gather up all their belongings. Lucius was the quickest to gather his things. He dumped everything into his bag before you could say "one, two, three" and turned on his heel to march out of the room. I tried to jam my things in my bag just as quickly. I wanted to catch up to Lucius and talk to him. I felt like I owed him a thank you for what he down for me. If it weren't for him, I would probably be unconscious or something right now.

Once I finally got my things together, I tucked a strand of blonde hair behind my ear and then headed out the door of the classroom to catch up with Lucius. Unfortunately, someone had beat me out of the classroom and was already trailing Lucius. That someone had to be Molly Johns. Shit! What the hell was that bitch doing?

I crept up behind her, curious to see what was going on. Obviously intent on catching up to Lucius, Molly called out his name, "Lucius? Can I talk to you a sec?" Looking annoyed, Lucius stopped and turned around to face Molly. His eyes were cold and guarded and his arms were crossed. Molly's smile wavered as she took one look at Lucius' expression. If she had any sense to her, she would back off. But no, of course Molly Johns had no sense to her.

Trying to keep that smile on her face, she said all in a nervous rush, "Are you free tonight? I was wondering if you'd like to meet me in the Great Hall for coffee or tea...?" Oh my god! My heart started beating fast and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Molly Johns was actually asked Lucius Malfoy out! What the fuck? Something just wasn't right with that.

I expected Lucius to turn her down immediately or curl his lip at her, but he did neither of those things. Instead, Lucius grabbed Molly's shoulders and yanked her to him so their bodies were touching. I stared with open eyes as Lucius shoved their lips together in a cold, rough kiss. It was only a quick kiss though. Almost as soon as their lips had touched, Lucius shoved Molly away from him and spit at her feet as he said, "Do you really think a filthy, begging bitch like yourself would have a chance with someone like me?"

Molly, obviously shocked and hurt, stumbled backwards and opened her mouth to speak. However, even though her lips moved, nothing came out. Lucius gave her a cruel smile and nodded, "I thought so. Well then, at least we've cleared this up then, hm?" With that, Lucius tossed his blonde hair and stalked off down the corridor, leaving a shocked Molly and open-mouthed me behind him.
Sign up to rate and review this story