Categories > Original > Romance > Love and Death

Laughing Is The Best Remedy

by jadesohma 0 reviews

lalala

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2010-11-05 - Updated: 2010-11-05 - 752 words

0Unrated
I could feelmy face warm. When Mama noticed and asked I blamed it on the fire. It was warmer in here than ouside. Of course, I could tell Mama did not believe a word of that. Too smart for me, she is.

"She wanted to see you the third time she woke up. She apolligized for the screaming. She swore she would stop. I didn't hold it agenst her that she didn't. Such a sweet girl. Good choice." Mama whispered in a dreamy state wile gazing at her. She looked as if she was her own daughter. She never had one before.

"Mama? The third?" I ask still looking between the both of them.

"Yes. The first time she saw me and huged me and cryed. The second, she wispered sorry and went back asleep. The third, well right before, she was screaming out your name and when she woke up she asked where you were and when you got back from work." Mama finally turned and smiled at me the same way she'd been smiling at Rachel.

"Alright Mama. Should I make dinner? You look tired." I offer before she hits me on the sholder.

"Heavens sake no! I've been sitting here all day! I need to cook! Plus if you attempt we'd all die of a fire or the food will poison us!" She uses me to get up and walk out of the room. Lovely.

"Rance?" I hear the soft whisper and my whole body shifted to face the source. Rachels eyes had opend and she was looking at me.

"I heard you had some night mares. Are you alright?" I ask her as I take her hand and in both of mine.

"I'm fine. Your mother is a nice women. Shes treating me like her own child. Does she know what I am?" She looks at me. Hoping the answer is no.

"She knows. She figured it out. But you are still here aren't you?" I chuckle at the face she made. It was a mix of shock, happyness, confusion, and curiosity. She had the same face until it transformed into pure happy.

"Your mother is....well, amazing. I can't wait until I can hug her again." She smiles a bit and he face lights up.

"She is. I love her till the grave. Even after that I will love her." I give a smile and a little laugh under my breath.

"Aliitle Moma's boy now aren't we?" She uses all her strength to sit up.

"I have no shame. I am and proud!" I smile a cheesy broad smile.

She laughed at me. "You are.....something, aren't you?" She looks at me and gives a crooked look.

"I'd like to believe so. And that is why I am single." I laugh at my self. "I'm ackward and strange and not that good looking as stated by you." I point to her with my hand.

Her cheeks gain some color. "I said you didn't grow up well. Never said you weren't good looking."

I laugh again. "But you said I was better looking when I was 17." I point out to her.

"Yeah, well, I like a bit of a baby face. Three years will out grown your baby face." Baby face? I had a baby face? I thought I was manly when I was 17... "And it was cute to see you look tough with the baby face. It made me laugh." Great.

"Thank you?" I question her. She laughs. She shooker her head. The wigs hair fell in her face. Her smile was wide. With the blood rushing to her face, she looked healthy. "Feeling better I see."

"Please, I'm still sick as a dog. But when I laugh, I feel better for those few sceonds." She admits.

"Sorry, glade I can make you feel better. Even if it's only for a few sceonds." I put my elbows on my thighs and my head in my hands.

"HA! You make me feel better. Only if you count how your as thin as me." I look down at my torso. Shes right....I am thin... "Aw, don't feel bad. I didn't call you fat! You should feel happy!"

"I'm tiny. Your the only person I'm taller than." I inform her.

"Are you calling me short?!" She gasps and laughs.

"No-"

"Rance! Dinner! Rachel I'll get you your food in a minute!" Mama called.

I stand up. "I will see you in about 20 minutes." I bow to her and leave.
Sign up to rate and review this story