Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Original Sin

Burned

by devilsgyrl 0 reviews

Cissy wants more answers...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Narcissa - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-11-08 - Updated: 2010-11-08 - 2124 words

-1Cliche
My blood immediately ran cold and I felt like long fingernails were digging into my heart. I knew that voice; it was none other than Tom Riddle. I felt like turning and running far away. I knew Tom couldn't torture me here in front of all these witches and wizards, but that didn't really lessen the fear. The memories of being tortured into performing the Cruciatus curse were still very vivid in my memory. I figured those memories would never leave me.

Of course, my mom had no idea what Tom had done to me. All she knew about Tom was what Bellatrix had told her about him. Not surprisingly, Bella had spoke most highly of Tom and my mom held a very high opinion of him. I was curious about Andromeda's opinion on Tom. Did she even know who Tom was?

I shot a sneaky glance in Andromeda's direction to see if I could tell what she was thinking. Andromeda was looking at Tom through squinted eyes. When I glanced over at her, she switched her gaze from Tom to me. Really not liking to make eye contact with people, I changed my gaze over to where Tom stood.

I was in for a surprise because Tom was not alone. Standing just a few feet behind him was Lucius! I stared at them for a moment in completely shock before I realized that it was rude to stare. My mom was replying to Tom, "Why...you're Mr. Riddle, aren't you? My Bellatrix talks about you all the time. It's nice to actually put a name to a face. It's nice to meet you, Tom."

My mother, totally oblivious of Tom's treacherous deeds, stuck out her hand to him and smiled. Tom took her hand and shook it with a charming smile on his face. I bit my lip. Tom could be such an actor! One minute he could be all charming and smiles and the next moment, he was a complete merciless devil. Was I the only one who got to see his devilish side?

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Mrs. Black," Tom said in that slippery, winning tone of his. Looking over my mother's shoulders, he caught sight of Bella and me. Nodding in Bella's direction, Tom said, "Lucius and I were going to get some drinks over at the Three Broomsticks. Mind if we take your daughter along for a bit?"

At the mention of Lucius, my mom glanced over to Tom's right at the beautiful blonde. My mom's lips curved into a smile as she looked at Lucius. Giving him an almost seductive smile, my mother said, "Oh, hello there Mr. Malfoy. I hear you're taking Bella to the dance on Saturday. That should be lovely. I trust your parents are doing well?"

Lucius nodded immediately, "Indeed they are doing well." As Lucius spoke, I glanced from him to my mom with narrowed eyes. Was I just being paranoid or did it look like my mom was bashing her eyelashes at him? It was so not right for my mom to be trying to flirt with Lucius. I mean, she's like his mother's age for fuck's sake!

Returning to Tom's question, my mom considered for a moment before answering, "Sure, you can take the girls over to the Three Broomsticks if you'd like. There were a few things I needed to attend to anyways." Turning to us, our mother said, "Go run along and hang out with the boys for a bit. After that, go ahead and pick out a dress for the dance. I already gave Bellatrix money for the dresses, so you should be all set. You can meet me back here when you're done shopping. Now go ahead and run along!"

My heart sank at my mom's words. I wasn't actually sure I wanted to go to the Three Broomsticks with the guys. Being alone with Tom was definitely not in my plan. My heartbeat had already increased to twice its usual speed just because I was hanging out around him. Unfortunately, at this point, I didn't really have a choice about today's plans.

Smiling broadly at us, Tom gestured towards the door and stepped outside of the pet shop. Bellatrix followed him eagerly, Andromeda followed with a slightly suspicious look on her face, and I trailed behind all of them with my eyes mostly locked on Lucius. Lucius was walking right behind Tom with his head held high and with his blonde hair streaming out behind him.

Once we were outside, Andromeda immediately spoke up, "Bella, could you give me some coins for a dress now? I think I'm going to head straight to the dress shop. I'm not really feeling up to going to the Three Broomsticks today." Andromeda's request didn't really surprise me. She didn't belong with us Slytherins. She was just to different.

Bella dug out some coins from the small black purse she was wearing and dumped them into Andromeda's hand without a word. Andromeda took them and left us with a wave. We watched her leave and then faced each other. Suddenly, I realized I was shaking. My hands were trembling ever so slightly and I couldn't seem to be able to get them to stop. Hm, what was up with that?

Trying to act inconspicious, I hid my hands behind my back in an attempt to hide them from Lucius, Tom, and Bella. There was no need to draw unwanted attention to myself. Unfortunately, that was something I was pretty good at doing. Luckily, in this situation, Bella spoke before anyone could pay too much attention to me, "We're not really going to the Three Broomsticks, are we, Tom?"

The Three Broomsticks was a big bar where Hogwarts students and adults alike hung out with their friends and chit chatted over a drink or two. I had been there a few times before. It was a pretty nice place. Sadly, I never really had any true friends to hang out with there. The last time I had gone had been three years ago.

"Very good, Bella," Tom said, smirking over at my sister with approval. "I'm bringing you down to Nocturn Alley. There are some things I'd like to show you there." Wait...Nocturn Alley? That was a very dark place. They only sold evil kinds of things there that had to do with dark magic. My mom had forebade Andromeda and me from going there. Only now did it occur to me that she had never set any boundaries for Bellatrix. My sister certainly got special treatment.

I abruptly became very aware that someone was staring at me. Looking upwards, I saw Tom's eyes boring straight into my skull. It was totally creepy the way he was looking at me. Tom spoke to Lucius and requested, "Think you could do something with Narcissa for a bit? I don't think it would be smart to bring her down to Nocturn Alley."

A little sense of relief flooded through my body at Tom's words. Thank god he wasn't going to make me go down to Nocturn Alley! That was like the last place in the world I wanted to go. Who knew what awful things I might see there? I already had enough bothering me right now. The last thing I needed was something else to disturb my conscious.

Looking down his nose at me, Lucius wrinkled up his nose but agreed, "If that is what you want me to do, I can do that." Tom nodded with a grateful smile and said, "Yes, that's indeed what I'd like you to do. Narcissa isn't like Bella. Bella is much stronger and is cut out for the work of a Death Eater."

I flushed bright red at Tom's question. Was he calling me weak? It sure sounded like it. Oh well though, I guess. It was true. I was rather weak and not cut out for the work of a Death Eater. As I mulled this other, Tom put an arm around Bellatrix's shoulder and motioned ahead of him, "Shall we head off then, Bella?"

Bellatrix nodded eagerly and they had disappeared in a matter of moments. Lucius and I watched them until they were gone and then turned to each other awkwardly. For a few moments, we merely stared at each other. Whenever I met Lucius' clear gray eyes, I always felt hypnotized. My whole system seemed to shut down and get lost in those beautiful eyes.

Finally, Lucius broke the silence, "You're trembling. We should get inside where it's warmer." Lucius made it a statement instead of a question. Without waiting for a reply from me, he turned and headed into the Three Broomsticks. I highly doubted I was trembling from the cold, but I went ahead and followed him inside. The reason I was trembling was because of my phobia of Tom.

Surprisingly enough, the Three Broomsticks wasn't that busy today. Only a few tables were occupied. Lucius proceeded up to the counter and said, "I'll take one fire whiskey." My eyes widened at his words. You weren't allowed to drink whiskey until you were seventeen. The person at the bar didn't question Lucius' age though. Hm, that was surprising.

Moments later, the woman behind the bar handed Lucius a glass with dark amber liquid in it. After taking his cup, Lucius turned to me and asked, "Don't you want something?" Truth be told, I did want something to drink. I was thirsty. Unfortunately, my mom had given Bella all the money and I didn't have any spare change for a drink.

Lying, I shook my head, "No...I'm not thirsty." Lucius immediately saw right through my lie. Rolling his eyes at me, he called over to the woman at the bar, "Can I have two straws please?" Two seconds later, two straws were in Lucius' hands and the two of us were sitting at a table by the window. Lucius dumped the straws into the drink and shoved one in my direction. I gave him a questioning look, unsure what exactly he was doing.

"We can share," Lucius explained. "I know you're thirsty. I can see it in your eyes when you're lying." Blushing, I didn't try to defend myself. My face was pretty readable. Everyone always seemed to know when I was happy, sad, being truthful, or telling a fib. Too bad I couldn't be like Bellatrix and hide my emotions better.

Even though I knew I wasn't really suppose to drink whiskey, the temptation of sharing a drink with Lucius was way too strong for me. I took a little sip of it. It immediately felt like fire was going down my throat. I managed not to choke, but my throat continued to burn and my eyes started watering from the intense heat.

Watching me intently, Lucius said, "Is this your first time drinking whiskey?" Knowing better than to lie this time, I nodded with a little blush. Not looking surprised in the least bit, Lucius agreed, "Yeah, I figured. The taste is rather strong at first, but you'll get use to it. I remember I almost spit my first sip ever of it out."

The two of us sat in silence for a few minutes, taking turns sipping on the fire whiskey. I wanted to make conversation, but I was too nervous to open my own damn mouth. Stupid me. Lucius was finally the one to start up another conversation, "So what brings you, your mother, and your sisters to Diagon Alley today anyways?"

That was a simple question that I had a simple answer for. I explained, "My mother decided that we should have new dresses for the dance on Monday." The thought of the dance instantly dampened my mood and I suddenly felt hurt once more. I still didn't get why Lucius had invited my sister to the dance. So many things were still left unanswered.

As I thought about the dance, my temper started to rise. I still had questions about Lucius' past relationship with Natasha and I was suddenly determined to get some answers to those questions. Even though it was a totally audacious thing to do, I looked Lucius straight in the eye and said, "Tell me more about you and Natasha."

Lucius stared at me and gave me a what-the-fuck look. For a moment, I actually thought he was going to slap me! However, after a few moments of consideration, Lucius' face dropped the cold mask he always wore and was replaced by a tired, relenting facial expression. Sighing, he turned to me and asked, "What is it you'd like to know about me and Natasha?"
Sign up to rate and review this story