Categories > Books > Outsiders > One Summer Dream

Chapter 15

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: Outsiders - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-11-09 - Updated: 2010-11-09 - 447 words

0Unrated
“Pony…Pony wake up…” said a frantic voice.

Ponyboy suddenly felt someone lightly slapping his cheek. He looked up and through blurred vision he saw Two-Bit crouched by him with a worried look on his face.

“Are you okay?" He asked as he gently helped Ponyboy sit up.

Ponyboy rubbed his eyes and as he vision cleared up.

“What happened?”

“I started spinning the roundabout too fast and you went flying off. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean for you to get hurt, I was just playing around.”

“It’s okay, Two-Bit. I’m fine.” Pony said as he got to his feet.

“Are you sure, you want to go home?”

“No, it’s alright.”

“Okay. Tell you what, let’s go to the DX to visit Soda and Steve and I’ll get you a Pepsi.”

Ponyboy grinned.

“Alright.”

It took the two of them about five minutes to walk to the gas station. They walked in and Two-Bit grabbed a Pepsi out of one of the freezers and handed it to Pony.

“So where’s Soda and Steve?” Two-Bit asked.

“Well, they’re probably workin’ on some cars in the garage.” Pony responded while wiping his mouth with his sleeve.

Two-Bit nodded and the two of them walked out from the gas station to the garage attatched to it. The door was unlocked and Two-Bit held it up for the two of them to roll under. When they stood up, they immediately recognized Soda and Steve, although they both had their heads buried in the open-end of a truck, immersed in working under the hood.

Ponyboy glanced cleverly at Two-Bit, who raised an eyebrow in response. It seemed they were both thinking the same thing.

Pony sat his bottle of soda on the ground and he and Two-Bit began to tip-toe behind the other two boys, managing not to be heard and stood quietly behind them.

Jerking his hand out, Pony set it heavily on Soda's shoulder, and Two-Bit did so on Steve's while saying in his best soc voice, "Hey, buddy. You two greasers are cruisin' for a bruisin'."

They both jumped and immediately whipped around, both looked prepared for a fight; grim and narrow-eyed. There was a small pause as dawning spread on their faces, apparently surprised to find Ponyboy and Two-Bit grinning like morons when they had expected some angry socs.

Steve grabbed Two-Bit and pulled him into a headlock while Soda playfully pushed Ponyboy who was laughing pretty hard.

“You wouldn’t dare attack me, I’ll get my socially-elite friends on you!” Pony laughed.

Soda pretended to think, then lunged at him.

“I think I’ll take my chances!”
Sign up to rate and review this story