Categories > Original > Poetry

I Am

by NigrumDraconem 2 reviews

I originally wrote this for my Creative Writing class. It was my first assignment, and one of my better pieces in my opinion.

Category: Poetry - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Published: 2010-11-15 - Updated: 2010-11-16 - 214 words - Complete

0Unrated
I am the dreamer, living out past and future lives all night.
I am the poet-musician, the one who gives breath flesh and flesh a voice.
I speak in the tongue of ages past, breathing the dust of time.
I speak in silence, each pause and hesitation becoming a cacophony of emotions and colors and sounds.
I am chaos, the foundation of creation, the one who is cast aside.
I am the wading-bird; with cocked head and bright piercing eyes I watch the universe pass before my eyes.
I am Kvasir the wise, whose blood gives men the gift of song.
I am my eyes, watching the world go by without taking action.
I am Death's radio, forever overflowing with the phrases of poets long dead and long in coming.
I feel the pulse of Earth, the flow of life and death.
I sit beneath the willow by the lake in silence, in the pose of the sage.
I can be me, folding inward around my innermost self.
I can be you, seeing past your eyes to the depths of your soul.
I can be anyone at all, the great Chameleon, blending into the crowd while catching every single eye.
I do not exist, and thus I am all that matters. Do you understand?
Sign up to rate and review this story