Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Halo

Hypopnea Syndrome

by Noizchild 0 reviews

In an attempt to help with the cause, Anna takes Tsuzuki out to dinner.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2010-11-19 - Updated: 2010-11-20 - 589 words - Complete

0Unrated


Chapter Twenty-Five: Hypopnea Syndrome:

By sundown, both lovers were dressed and out of bed. They sat on the floor near the bathroom. Detoxification worked, but Anna knew they weren’t finished yet. Recovery doesn’t take place in one day. The woman looked around her. /We need to get out tonight/, she thought. Anna looked down at Tsuzuki.

“Asato-kun,” she said, “Let’s go out to dinner.” Tsuzuki glanced up at her.

“Why?” the look in his eyes asked. Anna stroked his hair.

“We need to get out of here,” she whispered. “We don’t even have to go far.” Tsuzuki looked out. Anna’s hand stopped stroking his hair.

“Okay then,” she said. Anna took Tsuzuki to a soba-ya just three blocks away from the hotel. The woman watched him as they ate in silence. Tsuzuki seemed miles away. Anna debated on saying something.

“Good, huh?” she asked. Tsuzuki glanced at her.

“Hm?” he asked. Anna shook her head.

“Nothing,” she mumbled. Tsuzuki took another bite of his soba. Anna smiled a bit.

“It’s good to hear your voice,” she said. Tsuzuki looked at his girlfriend. Her short black dress confined her hourglass figure. He gave her wardrobe choice an odd look.

“Anna-chan,” the shinigami spoke up. His woman looked at him with chopsticks in her hand.

“Yes?” she asked.

“Why are you all dressed up?” he asked. Anna looked down at her dress. It did look rather fancy at the moment.

“Oh,” she said, “No reason.” She looked up at her date.

“More wine?” Anna offered.

“Sure,” Tsuzuki replied. She poured him another glass of red wine. He took a slip.

“How many glasses have you had?” Anna asked.

“Two. Why?” Tsuzuki said. His date shrugged her shoulders.

“Just a question,” she said in a low voice. Her date took another sip. Anna finished up her soba. She sat her chopsticks down on the table.

“Are you any better, Asato-kun?” she asked. Tsuzuki paused and looked at her.

“Sorry?” he asked.

“It hurts seeing you all depressed like that,” his girlfriend carefully explained. The shinigami gave her a little smile.

“I’m fine now, really,” he tried to convince her. Anna shook her head at him.

“No, you’re not,” she told him, “Tell me honestly. I can see it in tour eyes.” Her boyfriend went quiet as her hazel-green eyes stayed on him. Tsuzuki slowly lowered his chopsticks and eyes.

“Well…” he said quietly. Anna lifted his face towards hers. She gave him a gentle smile.

“It’s okay to let out your pain,” she whispered, “I will be here for you.” Tsuzuki’s eyes widened. He opened his mouth to speak, but Anna shook her head.

“Don’t talk, just tell me those four words,” she told him.

“Anna…” he murmured.

“No, just say our four words,” his girlfriend said. Tsuzuki went quiet. His violet eyes locked with her olive ones. He looked down at her scarred wrist as his lips trembled.

“We will be okay,” he finally said.

“Yes,” Anna said, “We will be okay.” Tsuzuki looked uncertain at their words. Anna gently kissed him on the lips. For the first time in two days, Tsuzuki felt a little warmth inside of him. Anna gently pulled away.

“We will be okay,” she said again.

“Are you sure about that?” he asked. Anna shut her eyes.

“Yes,” she murmured. Tsuzuki closed his mouth. They said no more during the rest of dinner. Anna picked up the tab and they headed back to the hotel.
Sign up to rate and review this story